Huey Kills Frustration

Mikey1610

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise for the misinformation. I was watching a video of someone on PC, playing on Operation Hastings before it was released and the helicopter looked like it could take a lot more damage. The Huey is close to useless so it would make sense to give it a little buff, but alas that is not the case.

I managed my remaining 45 kills last night. Decided to knuckle down and get it done. Probably only 5 of my kills were from the gunner position, the missiles are so much better, especially when you choose the Warhead perk... My advice when piloting would be to go nowhere near tanks. If you see someone in a tank, do everything you can to avoid them. I like to fly low and hover behind base B and C. Obviously choose engineer so you can repair your helicopter. Sometimes when getting into the Huey at base B, you can get easy kills by shooting your missiles whilst still on the pad.

This achievement was not well thought out by DICE IMO. You basically "lose" a couple of teammates each match due to the achievement. They stand around waiting for the helicopter, when they get it, they maybe get 5 kills. It's hardly helping your team.

Got the achievement tonight, got 35 kills very easily on Hastings.

I played hardcore, no squad, US team by the A - flag.. Flew on the outskirts of the map, sweeping down low to take out infantry and light veichles with the missiles. Took out a few, went to the base and repaired.. and repeat.

Warhead perk, and get used to aiming without sights, and this should go quite easily. As mentioned before, keep away from tanks, and I found it best to fly fast and low. The huey is actually a nice handling chopper!

Of course, some random guy jumps in and takes of with my helicopter from time to time, when im repairing... and dies a few seconds later. But I felt like a douche just waiting in the helispawn both rounds:/ Good its over:) Good luck guys

The Huey is pretty unforgiving. I don't usually pilot choppers, but i want the achievement and the guns suck. The huge problem with the Huey is that since there is no tracking darts and by extension no lock on, they made the chopper weak as hell to balance it out as far as damage it can take. Wanna learn how to fly the chopper? You're basically fucked because the minute someone sees a Huey, myself included, they only need to pull out an LMG or any gun for that matter if you can score enough hits, and you'll get dropped before you even get a kill.

The Nam choppers are definitely crap.. I shot 2 down this morning with an Uzi and 1 with a sniper rifle.

Either way.. I can't fly those things for shit.

Question: if you're a gunner, do the kills the pilot gets with the rockets count towards your kill count? I'm assuming no.. but I know you get a vehicle assist if someone else in the vehicle gets a kill.

Edited by Xenolith666

The Nam choppers are definitely crap.. I shot 2 down this morning with an Uzi and 1 with a sniper rifle.

Either way.. I can't fly those things for shit.

Question: if you're a gunner, do the kills the pilot gets with the rockets count towards your kill count? I'm assuming no.. but I know you get a vehicle assist if someone else in the vehicle gets a kill.

you have to get the kills for them to count.

The helicopters in this game are either overpowered or underpowered. They can't get a balance. You can either shoot a helicopter down with a pistol or hit it with pure lock with a lock on rocket. OR you can take out a group of enemies with one rocket with the helicopter or fly for 4 minutes and not get a single kill with the Huey.

Thank god for boosting! I still can't get a kill with that stupid Huey.

I got most my kills by jumping on the gun and sitting in the base on Phu Bai and shooting towards areas where you know snipers sit and towards the m-com stations got this cheevo in bout an hour doing this. You can manage a few kill before a pilot gets in but if they are good its not that hard at all!

Finally got it after playing conquest on hastings with 6 players on each team. It was late at night. So not much fire aimed towards it when you lift off.

Got 14 kills that one round doing rocket strafe runs when they attempted to capture a base. And it finally popped.

Glad I am done whit that. I don't mind weapon related achievements.

I don't know what you folks have experienced so far, but for achievements like this. Well lets just say at the start of this game people was camping the huey spawn like crazy. No one was attacking.

It's still like that. But not that bad anymore.

I've had most success on Op. Hastings Rush. If you are attacking, you have 2 cracks at the Huey, at the begnning and after conquering 2nd base. That 2nd one was much better. I would just sit at the gunner's seat and shoot at objective B, you're basically guaranteed at least one kill, and if your team arms it, you're in for the spree.

I also, as a defender, snuck into that base and just sat in the Huey, picking off spawners and people who aren't paying attention in general. I got 5 in a row in under a minute this way.

Now I've unlocked the achievement, this method helped a lot.