AAA ranking Mission Guide

I might be the only one who had trouble with getting AAA on #12 with the stupid chickens, but just a bit of advice, if you bash through the wall of crates near the end, there are a lot more chickens to smash.

I was trying to do this one last night, I just can't manage the AAA. I find it really hard to move him from side to side, he moves so slowly, that the crows have gone whizzing by before he decides to move. :)

I will try your tip.

I might be the only one who had trouble with getting AAA on #12 with the stupid chickens, but just a bit of advice, if you bash through the wall of crates near the end, there are a lot more chickens to smash.

Right, I had another go at this one last night, and still am unable to get above AA. I couldn't actually see the crates to which you refer. There is a line of crates about 3/4 of the way through the mission, but it seems that you have no choice but to go through them. Do you mean these crates, or is there another lot somewhere? Because it seems that you are indicating that the crates are missable?

Annoying mission... if only the egg was a bit more manoeuvrable. :)

Annoying mission... if only the egg was a bit more manoeuvrable. :)

I find it easy to tap in the direction you need to move the egg so tap it right three times fast and you will move right, worked wonders for me.

Just a thanks for an amazing guide i was stuck on the ring finding one with knuckles couldent find the hidden stash

i don't actually see how 49 is possible since every time u drift it creates boost, quite bluntly everytime i focus on drifting it wastes time, even if i got aaa it would go to b because i'd be nowhere near the end

This is the last one that I had left, took me countless attempts to do it. You are spot on about the boosting aspect, so annoying. The trick is just to keep drifting, even if you scraping against a wall. Only let a drift go if you are going to hit something head on. Otherwise, try to use the walls to turn him so that you can continue drifting without letting it go. It is a slightly chaotic method, and takes a few attempts, but I got it this way, and I was unable to get it using 'normal' tactics. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
i love the video kzone posted for #42, however, I'm having trouble hitting the two center ground ramps at the proper speed to get the points in the air and on the ground under the bridge. Anyone else have this problem?

I've been having the same problem for the past few days. This is the last one I need to AAA and I'm having absolutely no luck at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I found 42 so easy...

The only missions I now have to get a AAA rating on are mission 64, mission 14 (which I can only get a AA on before Sonic catches me up. All the videos I find on YouTube for beating this with AAA are using the infinite drift cheat/technique, so it seems impossible to do it legitimately to me) and mission 23 (Bonanza Bros. bombing the racers, course stops right before I get to AAA.)

I beat all the other Sonic rival races with a AAA rating, they were easy. But Roulette Road is a ridiculous track and Tails' vehicle is too fucking wide for half of the areas. Even tapping the gas button, I somehow strike a wall or have Sonic glued to my front and back no matter how much I boost.

Edited by GENWAKU

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have to say after playing transformed it made realise just how much better this game is. so after about a year since playing this last I re bought this game and have not regretted it. I especially wanted to go through mission mode as I never really bothered with it.

the missions that gave me the most trouble was #42 #47 & #64.

#42 bonanza bros. score gates unless your spot on, have a strategy/route or are incredibly lucky you just don't have the time to triple a this. the amount of retries alone frustrated me but I persevered and I finally did it.

#47 shadow vs sonic rival race. now unless you can knock sonic off the course or are stupid good at this game I couldn't see how you can get triple a. how I did it I don't know, I put it down to sheer luck or sonic was just having an off race. every single time I was getting double a every time I retried.

#64 destroy bad robot as I like to call it. I forget the amount of retries I had on this but when I eventually got triple a on this I had 12 secs left didn't get hit and seemed to have Lady Luck smiling down on me. this is not easy at all. practice is the key. now I know to have 12 secs left is pretty good but unfortunately I don't upload anything to YouTube. sorry.

as I'm lovin' this game more than ever still gonna go for my gold licence and magical sound shower achievements.:woop:

Edited by grooselog

I don't believe it i've actually 1000g'd this game finally. Didn't think i'd ever get outrunner but someone was doing worse than me (hard to believe as i was having a terrible race as well). Also went from 39 to 92 hits on opponents online in only about 4-5 races tonight, then all I had left was the gold licence which I only needed about 29000 miles left.

This game proved to be easier than I first thought and I'm extremely glad I went back to it.:woop: kaching:woop:

Edited by grooselog