How long did it take you to 1000 Dragon's Dogma?

Rascalov

I just finished the game and it took me 67 hours to knock out the full 1000. In flip's guide the estimated completion time was 40-50 hours. I pretty much powered through everything, didn't really stop to enjoy the scenery or anything but it still took me 67 hours. How long did it take for you guys?

I'm not too sure how it's possible to beat it in 40 hours considering you have to play through twice, do all the side quests and a bunch of other stuff. 50 hours seems like it would be tough but doable though.

I completed it in 106 hours and 23 minutes. But I don't rush in RPGs. They're my favorite genre of games. So I really like to take my time and do 100% of everything, really take in the scenery, and get to know all of the NPCs and locations. For a pure speed playthrough solely for achievements, I can see 50 hours being doable. You'd have to skip through all of the dialogue and cutscenes though. You'd also have to know what to do in each quest and have a familiarity with the locations. So I don't know how you could do it in 40. I've never completed my games anywhere near the time it's estimated to take though. I'm always much slower. :p

I couldn't play the way I described above. It would drive me crazy feeling like I was punching a clock working rather than enjoying myself. The only way I could rush like that is if I really hated the game. And I never buy games I'm not interested in. So I luckily haven't had many occasions where this has happened. I understand others do these speed playthroughs of games they don't like simply to get achievements. I never do that. But I understand why some people do. That's just the way they enjoy their games.

Sorry for the long post. I tend to ramble. Especially when I post at 3 a.m. :p

Why put 50 to 65 hours? 100 hours plus would be a realistic time for most people playing the game. People prefer realistic information.

It's like people who put completion times for games always put a realy low completion time to make themselves look good. The fact that you put 40 hours when you later say it took you 46 hours even though you were farming backs up my point. Just no need, especially as the rest of the guide is excelent.

Why put 50 to 65 hours? 100 hours plus would be a realistic time for most people playing the game. People prefer realistic information.

It's like people who put completion times for games always put a realy low completion time to make themselves look good. The fact that you put 40 hours when you later say it took you 46 hours even though you were farming backs up my point. Just no need, especially as the rest of the guide is excelent.

The time estimate is for a pure speed run with the only intention being to get all of the achievements as fast as possible. Skipping all cutscenes and dialogue and blazing through only doing what is required. Most people don't play that way. I know I don't and wouldn't unless the game was horrible. But that is the reasoning behind it from what I've been told when I first started using this site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...