Elf Rebellion - Domination Guide

Geordiefly

I thought i would write this to give people a hand who are wanting the domination achievement and cant quite manage to do this without killing some villagers.

This section is unlocked when you get to the Wasteland Sanctuary Depths (thanks Aaron)

To start simply choose the quest when your in your tower, you'll be teleported to the gate next to where you "bought" Everlight. From here you need to make your way through the city, dealing with some troublesome elves along the way. While you are in the actual city, you can kill all of the elves that attack you. The city has sections blocked off so its obvious which path you have to take. After climbing up the steps you'll reach a different teleport gate (gate 3 i think), which the path blocked off by explosive bombs. Set a few reds to aim at the boxes and it then clears your path.

When proceeding here, there is an elf throwing poison bombs, hiding behind the entrance to the elven rebellion. Make sure when you run past the entrance you swipe your minions infront of you so you don't lose any needlessly! Do the same here with your reds as you did before to clear a path into the elven rebellion.

If you are wondering which minions you need to take along with you, i would advise approx 20 greens and 5 reds. You don't really need anymore than that, but its up to you. As soon as you get in, on your right hand side there will be a spider spawn, get your greens on them then proceed.

When you get to the wooden decking area, stop and only select your greens. You RS to move them around taking out the 2 tree houses. If you stay far enough back, the elves do not melee attack, they just through bombs. Clear that area and call your guys back. Select 1 minion, then moving him down to the stone wall, where you try to get the elves to throw bombs at it (to blow up the wall).

After the wall has gone, go through to the next area where you will be immediately greeted by 2 elves, kill them then you will see 2 tree houses up ahead. The tree house on the left along with those elves can be taken down and killed by sweeping in your greens (careful of the explosive bombs). Once they are dead you will just have the 1 tree house remaining, which is protected by a brick wall. This is the most annoying part of the game as all elves from here on in are classed as villagers.

Keep yourself and all your minions back on the wooden decking, and select 1 minion. Get them to throw a bomb then pick it up and move it to the wall underneath them. The explosion will destroy the wall and the tree house allowing you passage, but will NOT kill the elves in the tree house UNLESS they are too far over to one side. If they are on the edge of the tree house, there is a possibility that 1 or both could fall off the edge and die (which counts as you killing them). Unfortunately i haven't seen a way to force them onto a specific side, it just worked properly for me on my 3rd or 4th try.

Presuming they didn't fall off and they are still alive, go on ahead and dominate them, and then repeat the same process for the next tree house. Once past them, keep on dominating everyone, then use your spider greens to run around the web and scare off the elves on the platform. As soon as i did that, the elf rebellion was over and they all turned green again.

Once you learn this pattern, its an extremely easy part of the game (even on domination) and it doesn't have to spoil your achievements. Sorry for the long walkthrough for such a short section of the game, but i wanted to be as detailed as possible so you can do it easily!

Hope it helps :woop:

Edited by Geordiefly

Keep yourself and all your minions back on the wooden decking, and select 1 minion. Get them to throw a bomb then pick it up and move it to the wall underneath them. The explosion will destroy the wall and the tree house allowing you passage,

Hope it helps :woop:

OK i tried to pick the damn bomb as you're saying .. but i can't ! How can i do it ? Bombs wich must be taken are those they're dropping on you at least ?

OK i tried to pick the damn bomb as you're saying .. but i can't ! How can i do it ? Bombs wich must be taken are those they're dropping on you at least ?

Yer, you keep all but 1 of your minions back, then control him by pushing him forward so they target him. When you see them throwing the bombs, stop controlling him, he'll run back to you, target the bomb with LT and send him to pick it up, then move him to the wall. If your quick he'll be running away as the bomb goes off, if not then its bye bye minion. But at least your through the wall :)

I'm working on my domination and this has given me the most problems out of anything I've had to do! I keep accidentally killing one or my minions did, man this is so annoying.

Thanks for the walkthrough, I'll give it a shot using this technique. Let's hope it works before I get to 10 or 20 tries..argh.

Thank you . Now i need to enslave them , but must i enslave them all ? I mean there are soldiers who are droping bomb on me . Can/must i enslave them ?

You can kill everyone up to the tree house that you need to destroy the 2nd wall at. Follow the guide and it lets you know everything. If you are doing the domination run, this guide will tell who exactly who you can kill to make sure you still get that achievement. I did it exactly this way and i didnt have a single problem getting the 100% domination, so i can definitely say this works :)

• 3 weeks later...