Unlocked Professional, Now Gone? (Weapons, Too)

OneSweetShannon

Has this happened to anyone? It seems I've lost Professional and my unlocked weapons. I still have my save file and my achievements, but I've lost the ability to play as a Professional, even though I had already completed two chapters on Professional.

I completed campaign on single-player as a Contractor. I unlocked Professional and all the primary weapons. I then began playing on Professional in split-screen co-op with my kid. We made it through the first couple chapters before shelving the game for maybe 2 weeks. We decided to play again a couple days ago, but when we tried to start from our checkpoint it didn't give us the Professional option. Early this morning I tried to restart single player, hoping Professional would be there. Not only was it still not there, but the primary weapons were no longer unlocked.

As you can imagine, I'm incredibly frustrated. I don't know what happened, and it seems unlikely that it can be corrected. If these things are gone, I'm worried/assuming that my weapons stats are wiped too. I was close to getting the machine gun kills (I hate the machine gun, so was looking forward to being done with it) and am thinking I'm probably back at 0 kills, even if I still have the gun I was using (not sure, as I didn't look to see what I had equipped.)

In addition to checking to see what weapons and gear I still own, I'll have to look later to see what money I have. *Groan* dreading what I may find.

• 2 weeks later...

Exact same thing happened to me when I beat the game with a friend in coop several months ago. What made it more frusturating is that even after mine were wiped, his were fine (grr at him and the stupid game :p). Fortunally, my money and all the weapons/mods/masks that I had actually purchased were still there, hope it's the same for you!

Unfortunately, no. Everything is gone. Money, everything I've bought, and of course the ability to play on professional. I'm going to restart and do an easy playthrough so I can re-unlock professional. It sucks that I lost all that progress and money. I've extended my break from Army of Two, because I'm too disheartened right now to play. I'll pick it up again, but I'm going to finish a couple other games first.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Same thing just happened to me a few days ago. What sucks is, not only does it reset your weapons/level progress/access to Professional difficulty, it also resets all your achievement progress, INCLUDING for the online ones (i.e., billion dollars). I know because I was keeping track of the various ones I hadn't unlocked, and after the glitch it took the full amount to get them (e.g. it took the full 25 partner revives to unlock that achievement). Really annoying considering I lost ~$300 million for the billion dollar one.

• 2 weeks later...