which killstreaks will you like to see make a comeback?

what killstreaks you want back?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. what killstreaks you want back?

• AC130
    • old chopper gunner
    • nuke
    • EMP
    • Harrier
    • Dogs
    • gunship
    • RC-car
    • Em.air drop
    • pave low

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a buddy that the new modern warefare 3 will be stripped down to pretty much the basics on perks and killstreaks

I highly doubt it. There may be less but there wont be only 3 like the classic killstreaks. If anything we might see a playlist that only uses classic killstreaks. I could be wrong, but I dont see IW moving back towards COD4. Although COD4 was a great game, these devs are all about progressing forward, and adding new things, even if it does make the game worse.

I can't decide if this is colour or thermal to be honest. It looks to be exactly half way between them. It says "OPT" which probably means "Optical" and could suggest it's a normal image, but I'm not 100% sure either way.

There is colour, like on the cars but it's got a very, very muted colour palette. Maybe that's because of the altitude or a stylistic thing. I don't know. But I suspect you'll be able to switch vision modes anyway.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/Hamburgerous/ac1302.png

I hope you can switch modes.. I really like the look of this image. The amount of detail present in the shot really highlights the advancement of the engine used.

I reckon its a stylistic thing to be honest. Looks good!

I highly doubt it. There may be less but there wont be only 3 like the classic killstreaks. If anything we might see a playlist that only uses classic killstreaks. I could be wrong, but I dont see IW moving back towards COD4. Although COD4 was a great game, these devs are all about progressing forward, and adding new things, even if it does make the game worse.

My opinion is COD4 is better than MW2 so i think IW should thread more towards the basics and avoid all those over powered crap in mw2

My opinion is COD4 is better than MW2 so i think IW should thread more towards the basics and avoid all those over powered crap in mw2

Can't say i disagree from a gaming standpoint, but have to disagree from a business standpoint. Adding all the new crap is what brings in new gamers. As long as IW keeps things changing, even if for the worse, they will continue to bring in new gamers, and break sales records. AS much as some people hated MW2, MW3 will still break all previous COD records.

Oh i understand about the business standpoint they're all just greedy people, however though it starts to get old with every single game having beat the prior, have they ever thought about making like an ultimate game or a COD MP only and a story line game only and the MP can recieve updates whenever it is deemed necessarily.

I wish they wouldn't bring back any killstreaks past 9. Make it simple 3-uav or counter uav, 5-predator missle or airstrike, 7 harrier or attack heli, 9-enhanced stealth bomber or pave low. And, the only way to take down killstreaks would be with bullets or 2 shots from an rpg, or a combination of both one rpg and bullets.

exactly, but its not going to happen. Or, I wish they would make a seperate barbones playlist for all games modes 3, 5, 7 are the killstreaks, rather than just barbones TDM. Not like a barbones mosh pit, but an actual playlist where you can pick what game type, and you will only play the chosen gametype. High Killstreaks completely ruing objective game modes.

Its bad in black ops, but mw2 was 20x worse because of the stacking of killstreaks. I swear when I played domination in mw2 I felt it turned into whoever gets their killstreaks first wins the game.

exactly, but its not going to happen. Or, I wish they would make a seperate barbones playlist for all games modes 3, 5, 7 are the killstreaks, rather than just barbones TDM. Not like a barbones mosh pit, but an actual playlist where you can pick what game type, and you will only play the chosen gametype. High Killstreaks completely ruing objective game modes.

Its bad in black ops, but mw2 was 20x worse because of the stacking of killstreaks. I swear when I played domination in mw2 I felt it turned into whoever gets their killstreaks first wins the game.

why do they ruin objective game modes? :\ surely all you need is a strela ? or equiv. in other cod games was it a stinger in mw2? i can't remember it's been forever since i've played :\ x

why do they ruin objective game modes? :\ surely all you need is a strela ? or equiv. in other cod games was it a stinger in mw2? i can't remember it's been forever since i've played :\ x

Yeah it was the Stinger. If enemy got a harrier, i'd usually kill myself and switch to it and take it down. Job done, carry on playing.

AC130 and the Stealth Bomber. Ac130 was just..amazing haha. Even when used against you all you could hear is the sound of the shots coming towards your area. Hahah me and my friend where talking about what if they put a satellite killstreak. Like..sorta like the Hammer of Dawn. Killstreak gives you a pointer, you aim it, and the beam shoots down and destroys the area. Basically like a pumped up predator. Would be pretty brutal :x

AC130 and the Stealth Bomber. Ac130 was just..amazing haha. Even when used against you all you could hear is the sound of the shots coming towards your area. Hahah me and my friend where talking about what if they put a satellite killstreak. Like..sorta like the Hammer of Dawn. Killstreak gives you a pointer, you aim it, and the beam shoots down and destroys the area. Basically like a pumped up predator. Would be pretty brutal :x

Problem with this is that it tries to be based in fact. That would be cool but it can't really happen. Some sort of artillery strike could work in much the same way though.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't say i disagree from a gaming standpoint, but have to disagree from a business standpoint. Adding all the new crap is what brings in new gamers. As long as IW keeps things changing, even if for the worse, they will continue to bring in new gamers, and break sales records. AS much as some people hated MW2, MW3 will still break all previous COD records.

Im gonna have to disagree with the bold.. I dont think MW3 is gonna break blops record.

Blops had no competition for its game.. MP wise.

MW3 has two big FPS titles coming in the same month. Halo CE and BF3.

I think MW3 is gonna do very well, but nothing like Blops did.

Sadly, treyarch is gonna keep the title for dev'in the game that had the biggest launch in history.

Pretty much guaranteed killstreaks:

UAV

Counter-UAV

Care Package

Some form of missile

Sentry Gun

Attack Chopper/Harrier

Chopper Gunner

AC-130

Some form of Carpet Bomber

We already know the Nuke isn't returning.

As to the rest, it's anyone's guess what they include. I have some doubts about the inclusion of the SR-71 (Blackbird) since it's more of a Black Ops/Covert Operations tool and not really suited to the atmosphere of the game. Same reason goes for the reversion of Spy Plane to UAV as with its counter version.

Also I'm hoping killstreaks don't count towards other killstreaks, Black Ops did this right and I think it should be left that way or if they do have the Offensive killstreaks require much higher streaks or gaps between rewards.

I honestly would like to see Dogs in this game. I tend to get more kills with those than I do a Gunship/Chopper Gunner in Black Ops because people shoot them down ridiculously fast.

And Infinity Ward, don't even waste your time with the EMP. The only time it's ever used is when someone gets it in a Care Package, and it disappoints me more than when I get a Counter-UAV to be honest.