Does anyone else think

TRAGICTRIXIE

That it's pretty stupid that shepard leaves earth while its getting anal raped by the reapers? Like seriously, he leaves instead of staying to finish the fight. I mean i just thought that idea entirely was retarded because by the time he recruits the help of all the other alien civilizations and gets his team back together and all that, the earth might as well be lost already. It'll take days to do all that work to enlist the colonies/civilizations etc to help you. In one day the reapers will already killed everyone on earth by the looks of it. Everyone might be dead or something and even if you take back earth there it will be a very lonely and quiet place for a while.

I'm not hating on the game, i love mass effect and got 100% in both 1 and 2. I'm even getting the limited collecters edition. I just clearly didn't like the idea of how it starts.

He's fighting for the entire galaxy, not just Earth. As a Commander and a strong voice in the universe, he MUST leave in order to get help. With his relationship with the council and other aliens, he's the only one who can actually gain support to stop the Reapers at Earth before they spread further. Did you play the demo? He had a few close calls just escaping the planet. Remaining to fight may end up being a suicide mission.

and, whose to say how long it would take for the Reapers to destroy a planet. It could take months to destroy the last resistance on the planet leaving Shepard enough time to gather everyone.

Edited by tripleb2k

What's the less-stupid option you're proposing? One of the only humans with galaxy-wide respect raises an assault rifle and shoots at a race of sapient machines that have destroyed civilization in the entire galaxy repeatedly? That's your superior plan? Better than trying to do something that could actually defeat the enemy?

Not trying to be a dick, but there's no plan that isn't completely moronic that involves him staying on Earth, where he can't realistically do any good.

he could fight and stay there as much as he wants but its quite clear based on the attack by himself its something he just can't do hence trying to get help. think if you were trying to kill ants sometimes being as big you are things get through the cracks, this buys them time.

mean has there been past referances to how long it taken the reapers last time to wipe up the galaxy.

Thats one thing i dont get, to do all the missions leading up to the return of earth allot of time has past, no matter how good humanity is a week or two of constant reaper attack would wipe out the majority of humanity & definitly all of its major infrastructure

But you can guarantee when the mission comes to save earth about 1/2 of the population will still be alive & all of the images will be of burning skyscrapers, stupid tbh, allot of reapers converged on earth & sovereign took a shit tonne of ships too take it down on the citadel so a few weeks of reaper attacks would almost certainly pretty much leave humanity as a few sheltered military bases & squatter settlements in fields & rubble

But Noes humanity will prevail & we shall rid the galaxy of the reaper threat while holding our own cos we are a bunch of egotistical barbaric morons that somehow always win against much greater species WOOO!!

Been watching too much sci-fi as of late, made me very cynical xD

Thats one thing i dont get, to do all the missions leading up to the return of earth allot of time has past, no matter how good humanity is a week or two of constant reaper attack would wipe out the majority of humanity & definitly all of its major infrastructure

But you can guarantee when the mission comes to save earth about 1/2 of the population will still be alive & all of the images will be of burning skyscrapers, stupid tbh, allot of reapers converged on earth & sovereign took a shit tonne of ships too take it down on the citadel so a few weeks of reaper attacks would almost certainly pretty much leave humanity as a few sheltered military bases & squatter settlements in fields & rubble

But Noes humanity will prevail & we shall rid the galaxy of the reaper threat while holding our own cos we are a bunch of egotistical barbaric morons that somehow always win against much greater species WOOO!!

i don't think its over a week or two i think this is something that maybe happens in like 3 days or something. if it was a week just be too long to even help. lets say it takes 3 days with 2 8hours sleeping i think thats a reasonable amount of time.

There seems to be a lot of allotting going off. Either way, it's too early to say how the Council will defeat the Reaper threat. They probably couldn't do it with the ships they have, but they have had some time to study Sovereign's wreck so perhaps they may have found an exploitable weakness. And if you saved the Collector base from the last game, you may have additional resources from Cerberus (who could then use these resources to their advantage to dominate other war ravaged species).

There seems to be a lot of allotting going off. Either way, it's too early to say how the Council will defeat the Reaper threat. They probably couldn't do it with the ships they have, but they have had some time to study Sovereign's wreck so perhaps they may have found an exploitable weakness. And if you saved the Collector base from the last game, you may have additional resources from Cerberus (who could then use these resources to their advantage to dominate other war ravaged species).

well i would hope the council found something out, but considering they are in total deniel about the whole thing until they actually appear on mass that the best they can do is a "were sorry".

I would expect a confrontation with the illusive man during the main story at some point, he is a invaluble source of information if not just as good as the shadow broker. if shepard can get cerberus forces on their side surely it would be a big plus to the war effort.

Only way i see this happening ofc is if you kill the illusive man, hes not the kind of guy who can be reasoned with, he has his own plans and you have yours.

Its not just earth its everywhere. You need to travel the galaxy build a team me style! then go kick ass or epic fail

when i noticed looking at a videos some clusters didn't ahve reapers on them, i assumed true its not that they are solely targeting earth but that with the issues humans has caused them least a majority of their forces be there.

Most people would just be hiding. It takes a long time to rid a house of cockroaches. Based on what we've learned so far, complete annihilation may not actually be their only goal, either; just blasting every building or throwing an asteroid into the planet might be antithetical to their goals.

The hologram on Ilos said it took hundreds of years to wipe out the Protheans. I'm sure they had populated a lot of worlds, but most of them probably didn't have as many people as their home world, so you can infer that the process isn't as fast as you imply here.

Also, my allotment of alots is awesome at a lot of stuff.

Chances are it probably has lost them since the Council repossessed your ship. That'll be a good excuse for you to go out and refit the ship with more weapons later.

little annoyed the ship looks half finished after they took it apart, i know its not likely they expected it to be ready for the repears came but it looks rather depressing lol.

That it's pretty stupid that shepard leaves earth while its getting anal raped by the reapers? Like seriously, he leaves instead of staying to finish the fight. I mean i just thought that idea entirely was retarded because by the time he recruits the help of all the other alien civilizations and gets his team back together and all that, the earth might as well be lost already. It'll take days to do all that work to enlist the colonies/civilizations etc to help you. In one day the reapers will already killed everyone on earth by the looks of it. Everyone might be dead or something and even if you take back earth there it will be a very lonely and quiet place for a while.

I'm not hating on the game, i love mass effect and got 100% in both 1 and 2. I'm even getting the limited collecters edition. I just clearly didn't like the idea of how it starts.

He's fighting for the entire galaxy, not just Earth. As a Commander and a strong voice in the universe, he MUST leave in order to get help. With his relationship with the council and other aliens, he's the only one who can actually gain support to stop the Reapers at Earth before they spread further. Did you play the demo? He had a few close calls just escaping the planet. Remaining to fight may end up being a suicide mission.

and, whose to say how long it would take for the Reapers to destroy a planet. It could take months to destroy the last resistance on the planet leaving Shepard enough time to gather everyone.

The needs of the many...

You forget that Humanity is just one of the known sentient races in the galaxy (I don't believe they've expanded into the universe). So even if Earth suffers heavy causalities not all is lost. It would be much worse if they all had isolationist attitudes and just got picked off one by one. Coming together at least they can mount some sort of counterattack, and hopefully deal the Reapers a crippling blow.

Also all with all this in mind, there are human colonies outside our star system. Not to mention stationed around the galaxy. Not huge populations, but enough to ensure that even if they got Earth, humans wouldn't be extinct.

The needs of the many...

+1 for the Spock quote:drunk

Coming together at least they can mount some sort of counterattack, and hopefully deal the Reapers a crippling blow.

Agreed, this is actually a well known military plan that has worked since the early days of the Roman Empire; fall back, regroup, counter attack.

Of course having said that, if the Reapers have been watching humanity from the dawn of time, then they probably would have seen this one coming:p

+1 for the Spock quote:drunk

Agreed, this is actually a well known military plan that has worked since the early days of the Roman Empire; fall back, regroup, counter attack.

Of course having said that, if the Reapers have been watching humanity from the dawn of time, then they probably would have seen this one coming:p

think would be say to say yes, i would guess uptil they invaded they still got signal or what the humans where upto, might explain how they got to earth as i am sure i remember someone saying "howd they get past our defenses".

little annoyed the ship looks half finished after they took it apart, i know its not likely they expected it to be ready for the repears came but it looks rather depressing lol.

wow im glad im not the only person who noticed.

when i first walked into the CIC (galaxy map area) i was like - "whoa, wheres the light switch?" the normandy is soo dark, like darker than ME1.

i love the game so much, but every minute i play im scared as hell i will lose another friend:(. it has a much more gloomy feeling than the other games, the reapers are finally here! ahhhh

wow im glad im not the only person who noticed.

when i first walked into the CIC (galaxy map area) i was like - "whoa, wheres the light switch?" the normandy is soo dark, like darker than ME1.

i love the game so much, but every minute i play im scared as hell i will lose another friend:(. it has a much more gloomy feeling than the other games, the reapers are finally here! ahhhh

this is wartime my friend every one you sacrifice buys you time, just lazererus project them back later it'll be cool they'll understand.