So, did the ending make you rage?(Spoilers)

Zombiedrd

i honestly just wonder what was going through their minds when they decided to do this, did they really sit back after watching this and say "damn good job guys, perfect way to wrap up the trilogy"

if thats what they did then they all deserve to be fired and if they held better endings (semi-disney/tons of suffering) off as dlc then they should just go quit and never make games again.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason with basically max Paragon on the last conversation pick with the Illusive Man I couldn't pick the paragon option anyways. With all the endings (haven't seen them all) I went with the middle option when you are presented the 3 paths and maybe it's me but the ending was horrible, Sheppard doesn't live (not like I didn't see that coming), Normandy crashes god knows where?, is Earth safe?, and since the Mass Relays are destroyed how will more not be built, It's not like they forgot how to build them? (might be me on that part cause I don't remember much of the story from ME1/2 so don't know if the Turians/Protheans etc.... made it.)

All in all I hated the ending I picked and heard all of the endings are bad

Does anyone know how to get the "PERFECT" ending aka the ending where [spoiler=ID] Shepherd lives?

I got my readiness up to 100% percent and my assets over 5000. Is there something i'm missing? I've heard that you could only do it on a second playthrough but I heard conflicting reports. Also does having 100% paragon/renegade have anything to do with it because I maxed out my reputation but have a mix of the two (70% Paragon, 30% Renegade).

Does anyone know how to get the "PERFECT" ending aka the ending where [spoiler=ID] Shepherd lives?

I got my readiness up to 100% percent and my assets over 5000. Is there something i'm missing? I've heard that you could only do it on a second playthrough but I heard conflicting reports. Also does having 100% paragon/renegade have anything to do with it because I maxed out my reputation but have a mix of the two (70% Paragon, 30% Renegade).

No, the only way to get this ending is to have a 5000 EMS score and to choose the right (destroy the Reapers) option. It's not perfect, it's just apart of that ending.

I haven't even heard anyone complain about how ridiculous the synergy ending is, so some AI kid has the power to make all organics infused with synthetic technology?

They didn't even care to explain how that happened, it's literally space-magic in an otherwise realistic (for a sci-fi) series.

Indeed, the synergy ending is exceptionally dumb. The trilogy made relatively strong efforts to make the science believable, even addressing the effect of mass as one approaches the speed of light (hince the name). To at the very end have sudden magic rays that just turn everything into cyborgs is horribly misplaced.

Wasn't mad at the ending(s) but was certainly scratching my head. Here comes a list/rant.

1. (Reapers) ME1&2 we speak to a Reaper, yes we did talk to one briefly in 3 but the one everyone wanted to confront was Harbinger. I figured he may contact me once or twice, certainly when we were making the suicide run. But all we get is his laser. Bioware... you made me feel like Reapers had personalities and made me want to blow Harbinger out of the sky, but you just dropped the ball there. Where did my menacing foe from ME2 go?

2. (Where's my infantry?) I spend 40+ hrs bringing the galaxy's forces together, ships and ground forces, and while we had an impressive number of ships, where were those ground forces? Seemed very odd that most of the infantry consisted of maybe a hundred humans. Was expecting Asari barriers, charging Krogan, and the Geth just sniping the hell out of them.

3. (Reaper Leader) Hated this things motives, essentially it was nothing more than the war between the Geth and Quarians, it was a laudable carbon-copy just like with the Illusive Man (get to that next). And i found it odd that this leader would simply pass the torch to Shep. Was expecting Shep to get killed/die there and the Reapers would simply alter what species to wipe out in the next cycle.

4. (Illusive Man) While I liked this enemy, it felt like I was playing ME1 again. Person of importance to the galaxy who has good intentions, gets indoctrinated, and Shep can (possibly) make this person kill themselves with words alone on the Citadel. Hm... wait a minute... little too familiar for my tastes. And on a side note I was sad I couldn't take the Illusive Man's eyes for myself, they just look too cool. :(

5. (Choices/Endings) Bioware... dropping the ball again? One choice means the Geth die (for whatever stupid reason) along with the Reapers, pretty crappy seeing as how we spend a good bit and sacrifice a companion for the whole race. Another is to control the Reapers... well, I just made the Illusive Man shoot himself because I thought the notion was crazy so forget that. So I'm stuck with the 3rd really, combine the two life forms. Okay... cool they glow now... is that it? No further explanation? Really?

6. (In Total) Remember when they said ME2 was a darker story, I didn't think so, felt like a epic story from beginning to end, with the proper dose of action and drama mixed in. I would have thought this would have been the darkest of the 3, one has to admit things are bleak with Earth getting hit and the Reapers invading throughout the galaxy to wipe out several species. But I never had that feeling like anything was in jeopardy as most of the galaxy seemed very okay with the fact that the Reapers were here. Would have thought for sure that the Citadel citizens would be freaked out but everything seemed too easy going even there. And honestly I didn't feel the need to take back Earth like I should have. Maybe if we spent more time taking in what Earth had become in the beginning, I might have cared more and wanted to hurry to save my home planet, some exploration would have been great but no dice.

Sorry for the long post but had a bit on my mind as you can tell. May post later as more comes to mind.

It just hit me what they did. Of course they would have an ending where everything is not wrapped up. They already told us that this is not the end of Mass Effect, just Shepard. We all expected Shepard to die, I honestly think it would have been too Hollywood if he had lived, but all the endings are bad because the gates are destroyed. Galactic civilization is basically destroyed. No one can get to each other.

That is what pisses me off more than anything. No matter what you did, the choices you made, the alliances you forged, wars you stopped, it was all for naught because no one can get to each other anyways. I would have also liked to see an epilogue of the teammates, races, etc., but more than anything, just a showing that galactic civilization has not been destroyed.

This is where I just saw what Bioware is doing. They pretty much guaranteed we will play the next game. They already said to keep your saves. That means that the next game will not be a prequel to the trilogy, but after. That means they will address the intergalactic travel issue, and hopefully what happened to the other characters. By them making this ending, it means we will all play the next to get what the fuck happened in this.

Well i dont really know. I think its one of these things that you like and dont really know why. Maybe i liked that now every spieces must prove that they can live and evolve without others help. Ending leaves a chance for a you to think about everything. Im sorry for my english its hard to tell what i really liked in other languege.

I was actually pretty content with the ending. Of course, I was hoping for a little happier/hollywood-esque type ending, but I feel that would have ruined what they were building up. I obviously wanted a happier ending because of how much time I spent and invested into what I felt was quite a great series with some great characters. However, in the back of my mind, I thought Shepard was going to die because it was supposed to be the end of his arc and in a way, I am happy that they killed him off because it would make everything seem way too simple. A no win situation for yourself and only a decent situation for your comrades creates a difficult choice meant to tug at your heartstrings.

In terms of the synergy ending compared to the leaked and previous dark energy ending, I actually like this one better. The choices in the previous model was too clearly cut. Basically, it was give humanity a chance, or continue on with the cycle. Essentially, it would have become that terrible typical ending we have come to expect. If they gave me this ending I would have been disappointed, but probably a little happier with the result. Contradictory, I know.

Does this ending make me somewhat upset, sure. I was rooting for Shepard all the way. The dark energy conclusion probably would have had a better response from fans. However, a conclusion that is not necessarily "happy" or "good" makes it a stronger series, in my opinion.

Although, I would have liked a little more information and closure for my teammates, Bioware left the world and its characters open to its fans....or until the next game. Who knows, it does show Shepard living. Also, if everybody was in the same area when everything was destroyed, wouldn't everybody be in the same area/planet? I know, wishful thinking, but who really knows.

Edited by absolutehell

In terms of the synergy ending compared to the leaked and previous dark energy ending, I actually like this one better. The choices in the previous model was too clearly cut. Basically, it was give humanity a chance, or continue on with the cycle. Essentially, it would have become that terrible typical ending we have come to expect. If they gave me this ending I would have been disappointed, but probably a little happier with the result. Contradictory, I know.

Dark energy ending? did i miss something?

http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989/

Honestly I think with the amount of hate that Bioware are getting right now, they have to change the ending somehow. Be it another novel or something, they have practically destroyed themselves if they don't change it.

I've never seen so many people pissed on the internet before. Every forum I go to has a thread of people raging about the endings - and I'm with them.

I've actually been putting off my Insane playthrough because I know how it's going to end. I loved playing through ME2 on Insanity, knowing I was doing everything right, and building up to a perfect ending. Not this time it seems...

i still want to know why the hell Joker was apparently in the relay during every ending, and of every single person you've met in the ME universe he's the first person that pops into your friggin mind before dying...ugh the more i think about this crap the more annoyed i get

If you talk to Joker a lot during the game (after every major mission), there's one conversation with him about how he was the only one who had been through everything with Shepard, from the very beginning to the end. I guess that's why.

Never say never to them changing a universally hated ending where the main character dies. Remember Fallout 3.

So the story goes, Shepard wakes up a few weeks later in a hospital on Earth. He learns that the Reapers are dead/gone and the relays are all badly damaged/in pieces but that internals repair systems in the relays are putting themselves back together. He then finds out that the Normandy crew thought that he was dead and in a last ditch effort to stop the Reapers they were going to crash the ship into Harbinger at FTL speeds (because Harbinger was networked into all the other ships to coordinate the attack and his destruction would leave them vulnerable like in ME1). When the relays were hit with the crucible beam though, the Normandy instead got hurled off course and crash-landed on an uncharted garden world so Shepard must go on one last mission to rescue them... boom DLC mission.

Never say never to them changing a universally hated ending where the main character dies. Remember Fallout 3.

So the story goes, Shepard wakes up a few weeks later in a hospital on Earth. He learns that the Reapers are dead/gone and the relays are all badly damaged/in pieces but that internals repair systems in the relays are putting themselves back together. He then finds out that the Normandy crew thought that he was dead and in a last ditch effort to stop the Reapers they were going to crash the ship into Harbinger at FTL speeds (because Harbinger was networked into all the other ships to coordinate the attack and his destruction would leave them vulnerable like in ME1). When the relays were hit with the crucible beam though, the Normandy instead got hurled off course and crash-landed on an uncharted garden world so Shepard must go on one last mission to rescue them... boom DLC mission.

I would happily pay for something like this.

To me , it came out being the hardest decision I felt I've ever made in the series. But if you think about it, it all pretty much ends up the same way. And I still don't get what the hell is up with the crucible kid thing. . .

If you notice the boy looks really similar to that boy on the citadel and the boy from the dreamscapes. The catalyst chose that to relate for some reason.

But as for everything else..that was bs. But the kill reaper ending where the N7 twitches, I don't think that is the secret ending, as there is supposed to be 1 on a second playthrough. Hoping there is a perfect ending where my shep gets to live with romance option and all that hard work with geth and etc didn't go to waste for nothing.

I really can´t understand the critisizim the ending recieves.I finishd it 20 min ago and i absulutly love it.I love how the make you do a tough decision and i also love the cutscenes itself,but remeber its not only the cutscene.Its the whole ending.

The ending really made me think.Is a autonimus Ai like a human ? have the free will ? cann the develop free will ? I absolutly love the ending,just like with movies endings the one wich will make you think a little bit are usaly the better ones.And the are the ones that endure.What can i say i love it ! I will instantly start my next playtrough :)

Well they shouldn't have the options apart from the middle one since your trying to stop chaos and save the galaxy. left/right won't stop the cycle. And mainly the fact that they could of worked in choices in past games better. They have done in other areas past games quests/dialog options etc all changing because of choices yet the end doesn't count any of it.

Really don't get why people are so mad about the endings, didn't everyone kinda guess that the ending would be "We defeated the reapers", they simply gave us the option to choose how to do this.

I decided on the middle option, to join synthetic and organic life. Thought it was a great ending, you don't know what happened to shepard, something that can be revealed in a future mass effect game perhaps, you even get the slight hint from the stargazer when the boy asks to hear another story about "the shepard" wether this means a story of his pre-reaper war exploits or perhaps post-reaper war is yet to be seen. Also keep in mind that just because the young child hasn't gone to the stars doesn't mean others can't.

As for the endings being similar, fair enough I say, if bioware want to continue the mass effect series then it helps that they don't have to make 3 games to be launched at the same time in order to meet everyones endings.

Mass effect was never about wether or not you were going to beat the reapers, it was the choices you made along the way, Over the past few years I have played all 3 mass effect games, enjoying well over 100 hours of gameplay, as I imagine most others have. If you now turn around and say all that was a waste of time because the ending wasn't as clear cut and predictable as you expected... then go back to playing Call of duty or something ungrateful idiots.

Mass effect was never about wether or not you were going to beat the reapers, it was the choices you made along the way, Over the past few years I have played all 3 mass effect games, enjoying well over 100 hours of gameplay, as I imagine most others have. If you now turn around and say all that was a waste of time because the ending wasn't as clear cut and predictable as you expected... then go back to playing Call of duty or something ungrateful idiots.

this right here should make you hate these terrible endings just like the rest of us because all of those choices we made in those hundreds of hours amounted to nothing during these final "choices"