The Public Menace Achievement made easy, over $47,000 of Vehicle Damage in 5 minutes!

Tactical Tom

All hidden cars are available in any case, in replay from my knowledge, maybe not patrol desk. I'm assuming he picked that one because he had disc 1 in the tray and wasn't going to finish the case anyway for the video so he didn't take into account case length. And sad face for even asking, guides and tips are cool and all, but sometimes people rely wayyyyy to heavily on them that they think about asking first before taking the 45 seconds to look for themselves.

However, with that rant, I'll post a response anyway.

If I were to recommend a case I would say The Driver's Seat your 1st Traffic Case is probably the shortest. Which is what I am using as I type this and can confirm that the car is available from this case. Im not sure how Hidden cars work, if they are accessable before you get the rank or not, I was rank 20 before I even went to the 1st ? on the map.

ANYWAY thanks for the vid this was one of the achievements I really didn't feel like grinding out I tried it once during a case just driving like a jackass and running over people mailboxes lamp posts and still only got 35,000 by the end. Now after I finish this case, I have to go back and 5 star that one. :rant:

Edited by Midnight Malice

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any particular reason why this needs to be done on Red Lipstick Murder? Is that the only case where that car is available? I only ask because that's not one of the shortest of cases to have to run through after doing the required amount of damage.

I was happy to go back and get this Achievement on the Red Lipstick Murder Case because it was a combination of one of the shortest and one of the most interesting.

Before I started playing L.A. Noire, I printed a 100% Case Guide for all Cases which was spread over 17 x A4 Pages in very small Text. The Red Lipstick Murder Case only took up around 3/4 of one A4 Sheet, so it was definitely one of the shortest Cases to go back and earn this Achievement with.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Note to self (and all who read this): On your way back to the gas station don't run into the gas pumps as fast as you can thinking it's a good way to total your car. In reality, yes, it is, but it's also a good way to total yourself and have to start the case over. My own stupidity amazes me sometimes. :)

lol, your own stupidity amazes me too.

:p

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...