Update News

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigger size = more to load = more lag i guess

no, the world is only loaded up to your render distance in single player and a 64 block radius on multiplayer on PC so the world size doesnt effect lag at all

i honestly cant see a reason why a world would be able to be too big since theres absolutely nothing forcing you to have visited it all

bigger size = more to load = more lag i guess

This conversation happens a lot. There is a debate about whether it's a memory problem or a loading problem. It's actually a little of both' basically the answer is this isn't the BIGGEST they could make the maps but it's a convent size since it's the size of a map.

The whole explanation is long and complicated and I'm honestly done talking about it. They haven't confirmed it but at this point it's a pretty good call that they aren't intending to increase the map size anytime soon.

The map size works fine anyway, there aren't THAT many new structures in the 1.8.2 update so it shouldn't cause to many issues.

Nice! Now that the huge update is done, this one shouldn't take nearly as long :) Hope they bring forward the jungle biome.

The next update leaps to 1.2.3 so there are going to be PLENTY of changes. Way more than this time around actually.

I'm still trying to compile a complete least for the front page of this thread.

This conversation happens a lot. There is a debate about whether it's a memory problem or a loading problem. It's actually a little of both' basically the answer is this isn't the BIGGEST they could make the maps but it's a convent size since it's the size of a map.

The whole explanation is long and complicated and I'm honestly done talking about it. They haven't confirmed it but at this point it's a pretty good call that they aren't intending to increase the map size anytime soon.

The map size works fine anyway, there aren't THAT many new structures in the 1.8.2 update so it shouldn't cause to many issues.

hes talking about the pc version though and with the way the pc game works there are no memory problems associated with the size of the world asince no matter how much you have viseted previously the same amount is always loaded, it just loads and deloads chunks as you walk around that is how the achieved the near infinite worlds they have.

as for structures, the number of them isnt a problem imo just the placement, on pc strongholds for example cant spawn within the area around spawn equal to the size of the 360 map, i cant remember numbers off hand but they only spawn a thousand blocks or so out to make them hard to find also they are huge they can spawn 2/300 blocks squared

Wow, 2/300 blocks squared!? Them strongholds are huge! Seeing as we won't be getting them, I'll make my own.

So next update will be 1.2.3? Interesting. If we keep getting more updates after that, does that mean we will reach update 1.8 again? Lol. Either way, having the jungle biome will be fun. More the better in my opinion. But I can happily wait for it, as the new update is just round the corner.

Wow, 2/300 blocks squared!? Them strongholds are huge! Seeing as we won't be getting them, I'll make my own.

So next update will be 1.2.3? Interesting. If we keep getting more updates after that, does that mean we will reach update 1.8 again? Lol. Either way, having the jungle biome will be fun. More the better in my opinion. But I can happily wait for it, as the new update is just round the corner.

strongholds are in 1.8 they just dont get the end portal until the next update i just dont know how they are going to work on 360 since they cant be done the way the pc does

as for updates after 1.2.3 they have confirmed that there will be more updates but they may not be the same as the PC ones as they will have fulfilled their contracted obligation as far as those go so may spin off to their own thing.

So update 1.2.3 is the last exact PC update we will get then? Interesting. Wonder what we will get after that? At least we can guarantee what we will get for one more update at least.

its the last one they have to do if they felt like it they could still do 1.3.1 and the pretty-scary updates but they have said that they are looking at taking it a different direction to suit the console market whatever that means

its the last one they have to do if they felt like it they could still do 1.3.1 and the pretty-scary updates but they have said that they are looking at taking it a different direction to suit the console market whatever that means

The reason the pc world is too big is because everything is just too far spaced out. You can hav a single biome that is far bigger than the Xbox map in total I once crossed an ocean biome that was 2500 blocks wide and that is small in comparison to some. I'll admit the Xbox map is a little too small but there is no point in the pc worlds being so big. Unless you are on a public server with thousands of people obviously that would need to be bigger.

The reason the pc world is too big is because everything is just too far spaced out. You can hav a single biome that is far bigger than the Xbox map in total I once crossed an ocean biome that was 2500 blocks wide and that is small in comparison to some. I'll admit the Xbox map is a little too small but there is no point in the pc worlds being so big. Unless you are on a public server with thousands of people obviously that would need to be bigger.

they use the same map generation and seeds so biomes will be that size on the xbox to

honestly i dont get it because you dont have to travel it theres no benefit to it just something for those that like to

hes talking about the pc version though and with the way the pc game works there are no memory problems associated with the size of the world asince no matter how much you have viseted previously the same amount is always loaded, it just loads and deloads chunks as you walk around that is how the achieved the near infinite worlds they have.

as for structures, the number of them isnt a problem imo just the placement, on pc strongholds for example cant spawn within the area around spawn equal to the size of the 360 map, i cant remember numbers off hand but they only spawn a thousand blocks or so out to make them hard to find also they are huge they can spawn 2/300 blocks squared

As mentioned before I've really heard enough about this particular debate.

Either way I do no claim to be a computer expert and have no wish to get into the details. All that matters to me is that they aren't increasing the map size for the 1.8.2 and aren't likely to increase it for the 1.2.3 update.

It would be nice if we had the choice to make a larger map or possibly to merge existing maps but for now the current map size is perfectly fine.

I prefer not to get, which is why there is such a wide range. Though if I have to give a day I'd probably say the 18th, Thursday.

Yeah but new releases and DLC usually come out Tuesday, and although this is a bit different (it being an update) I wouldn't be surprised if it also came out this Tuesday (along with the Borderlands 2 DLC :D).

Yeah but new releases and DLC usually come out Tuesday, and although this is a bit different (it being an update) I wouldn't be surprised if it also came out this Tuesday (along with the Borderlands 2 DLC :D).

Wait is that the new character DLC? Been waiting for that.

I'm basing my guess on when certification is bound to end. I don't really see it ending tomorrow so it probably won't be out on Tuesday. Of course it's well within the realm of being possible though!

I hope that won't mean they specifically wait to release it until the NEXT Tuesday. That would be just mean.

So, I been loading up Minecraft each morning seeing if the update's out. Checked this morning... 'Disconnected from xbox live, an update is available'

:o

Game updates, nothings changed.

Forgot i cleared cache yesterday cos my console was being ubber slow. Megalolz.