How bad is veteran?

Barad

I heard its much harder than MW2 yet most people are completing it pretty quickly on their first playthrough. What am I expecting from the singleplayer campaign on veteran is my question..

Also how varied are the checkpoints? I remember they pretty much came around every corner on MW2 yet there were some parts that were justs stupid.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty hard.

If your at a part where the enemys spawn unlimited you need to fight trough it to get a checkpoint. there are many parts that wil make you rage atleast made me rage xD but if you do it nice and slowly its easy i've done it at my first playtrough of the game so yeah

Some parts are just stupidly hard, with almost no checkpoints.

I'll say it's just as hard as WaW (or harder), but without the infinity grenades and only some infinity spwaning enemy parts.

Really? I thought this was the easiest so far imo. I got stuck 2 places for more then 15 min. lvl 3 and then nova 6 level before the gas on top of the armored truck. Other then that it was cake if you knew where to hide out some of the stuff.

The only place I got stuck for more than 1 or 2 retries was in 'nam, in a bit where the game didn't adequately tell me that I needed to kick some barrels down a hill, I spent ages trying to work my way down the hill towards the objective, I even made it all the way down once, then stood there for about a min hoping to get to the next checkpoint, and got stabbed to death by a vc :(

If this is the same as Waw... without the grenades, then thank god.

In waw i did perfectly fine except when i stop for 1 second and see millions of grenade markers.

anyway - i plan on doing veteran soon, just a heads up for me, which parts have infinite spawns?

i didnt really notice when i played through except for in Nam where you have to knife the barrels.

Didn't find the game to be too hard on veteran tbh, was stuck at level 3 for quite a few attempts, the corridors just seemed to be impossible, but went away from it and came back later on and done it relatively alright.

I've read people are finding the NOVA 6 gas part pretty tough but i found that bit as one of the easier parts of the game, done it in only a few attempts.

Anyone who has finished World At War will breeze through this game. It is ridiculously easy.

You get like 5 grenades thrown at you per level.

any experienced cod player will smash this game in only a few hours.

Yeah same here. I thought WAW was retarded at the end with the 88's.

This is a breeze compared to it. I averaged about a 0,9 grenades thrown at me pr lvl. Not even kidding. A few places that was a pain sure. But to few of em compared to other COD games. This is by far the easiest COD to date IMO.

The only place I got stuck for more than 1 or 2 retries was in 'nam, in a bit where the game didn't adequately tell me that I needed to kick some barrels down a hill, I spent ages trying to work my way down the hill towards the objective, I even made it all the way down once, then stood there for about a min hoping to get to the next checkpoint, and got stabbed to death by a vc :(

I spent a half hour on that part until i realized you have to kick the barrels. Man was I pissed.

Yeah, only a few parts but it was mainly because I wasn't going the right way. MoH was worse when it came to scripted sequences but only because there was that ONE day. At least BO lets you do it maybe a few ways. Not saying it's worse or better but that is what I noticed. I always enjoyed both series.

Specifically the napalm barrels in Vietnam because I didn't know what to do exactly plus respawning enemies and a few other achievements. Mostly annoying but a lot easier than MW2 Spec Ops.

I STILL never beat COD2 on veteran.

Edited by darkSIDEchoes