Nightwing's Triple Ricochet medal

Dawgmuffin

Meltdown Mayhem (Extreme) "Knock down 3 henchmen at once with the Escrima Stick."

Maybe I'm just missing something, but so far this seems to be the hardest medal I've ever had to get. I've figured out that it doesn't work on armored guys, it never seems to line up while on a gargoyle, and I think it helps to have the three henchmen in a straight line away from you, but I just can't seem to set it up, no matter what I do... I know it's unlikely, given the fact that Nightwing just came out, but... Does anyone have a reliable strategy for getting this medal?

Edit: I ended up finishing the challenge, but I still don't really understand how the Escrima Stick works... There were three henchmen in a circle and I was on a vantage point maybe twenty feet away from them, and I mindlessly held LT (with the Escrima Stick selected) while aiming around the middle of them and grabbed some M&Ms with my right hand, and after holding there for 3 or 4 seconds, all three guys were lit up, so I hit RT and got the medal. I'm confused.

Edited by Dawgmuffin

At least you have the DLC. I walked into game stop last month and bought this. Still no code on my poweruprewards.com:mad::mad::mad:

same here....i called support and they told me they don't have the code on the site yet but they are working to fix it. no official time but they said "soon"

dude the triple sticks are similar to the triple batarangs from arkham asylum. if your too far away you wont get a target on the enemy. i basically killed an enemy near a roof or a lower vantage point and waited for 3-4 guys to run to the dead and then target until you see 3-4 targets. thats the sure fire way to get it. your way works also as evn when it hits enemies it will still ricochet into others. but if you have the 3 enemies with targets on them it will hit 3 on the first toss with no ricochet.

i just finished nightwings predators and combat if anyone has any other questions. i think i did ok. some were confusing but it was overall cake. top of the world extreme was suprisingly easy.

Okay, how are you supposed to knock a henchman off a walkway with the Electrical Blast on either map that has that medal? I can't seem to do it.

sorry i didnt reply sooner. you will run into this on like 2 challenges. what you do is wait for them to lean over to look down over a railing and keep a fair bit of distance from the back of them. dont aim the circle on them but aim it just a little bit behind them and dont get too close to them you want nightwing to do a pretty big leap and it will push em off. this one was prolly the one that took me the longest.

dude the triple sticks are similar to the triple batarangs from arkham asylum.

This still doesn't really work for me... With the triple batarang, you just aim and throw, nice and simple. But I always end up fidgeting with the aiming, trying to get three targets to show up, for 10-30 seconds (Around a corner, standing right behind them, on a gargoyle, always less than 20 feet away) and 80% of the time I'm spotted before it happens... The game just refuses to let it hit three people at once most of the time, and I don't see any logic to the targeting.

Ok, the Knock Knock medal on Wayne Manor is really bothering me. How does this work? Every time I throw a Wind Ding I have less than .05 of a second before they figure out I'm there.

I only tried once and it worked, so I'm not sure how reliable this is, but: Wait till there's only one guy left (might not be necessary), use corner cover to be extra safe, and while he has his back to you, throw the Wing Ding at a wall he's facing, and immediately run up and do the takedown. Hope it works for you.

Edit: Oh, I started this post before your edit :p Well, it might help somebody else...

Ok, the Knock Knock medal on Wayne Manor is really bothering me. How does this work? Every time I throw a Wind Ding I have less than .05 of a second before they figure out I'm there.

Edit: got it, again.

just for anyone else who is having trouble on this. do it first. as soon as wayne manor starts go right by the grates and a guy will be walking up the hallway. wait till he gets close to the end by the door and stay back around the corner.aim the wing ding over by the door around the corner then throw it and jump in the grate. run under him while hes distracted and do a quick grate takedown.

In the predator map End of the Line (Extreme) for the challenge medal Shift Hitter, what's a sure fire way to get it every time without taking crap loads of damage?

Edit: Got it, but still want to know a better way.

Edited by alkazon

I hated the medals on End of the Line (Extreme); they were way too situational.

What I did for Switch Hitter was wait until there were two guys patrolling the upper walkways: one was a thermal henchman the other was not. Everyone else was on the bottom floor.

I was on the gargoyle above the right walkway near the other guy, and as soon as the thermal guy was on the bridge scanning, I dropped down and launched my line into guy #1, then turned and launched into the thermal guy. No damage taken.

That medal was very annoying to get.

What I did for Switch Hitter was wait until there were two guys patrolling the upper walkways: one was a thermal henchman the other was not. Everyone else was on the bottom floor.

I was on the gargoyle above the right walkway near the other guy, and as soon as the thermal guy was on the bridge scanning, I dropped down and launched my line into guy #1, then turned and launched into the thermal guy. No damage taken.

Yeah, make sure you use the free medal on this map whenever you can. Makes this map much less of a hassle and greatly increases you chance of not dying.

I just launched up to the gargoyle in the middle, disabled the sniper's rifle, grappled to the gargoyle above him, and disabled the other sniper's rifle. From there I line launched into the first sniper, then switched down the walkway and got the guy in the middle AND the guy on the end! Bonus guy! From there I just grappled like hell until they forgot about me and then went for the Fall Guy medal. From there I waited at a vantage point for either three guys to group around the guy that fell or I'd dart the first sniper and draw three guys over there and get the Triple Header (or whatever it's called) medal.

If things ever got too hairy, I'd just take out the sniper at the far end of the map and hide in his nest. All told I averaged 5-7 minutes. It's still a good idea to use your free medal on this map, however.

Oh yeah, Free Medal is a must on Campaign, but you don't get that chance with the standalone version.

I always started out the map by doing a grate takedown on the jammer, then going to the sniper's perch and taking him out with a dart from behind. Then I'd pull the other sniper down from the walkway with the Batclaw and get Fall Guy. Then I'd launch to the middle gargoyle and get the Triple Header on the group still investigating the jammer guy. I'd usually knock down all five guys at once.

From that point it was just finding the right time to get the Switch Hitter medal as I described before. Ugh.

Once I had Switch Hitter, I'd to the perch and pull the rest of the guys down with the Batclaw.

Edited by HamKet

• 2 weeks later...

So err... back to escrima sticks. Can anybody explain an effective/situational time to use them on 'Meltdown Mayhem (Extreme)'?

This challenge is really starting to p*ss me off. Either I'm a complete noob and just cannot use them correctly, or this DLC is absolutely abysmal. I hope it's the former.

EDIT: Finally did it after a stroke of pure luck. Horrible medal. I'm dreading having to do that again in the Campaign Mission...

Edited by Solid Gally

So err... back to escrima sticks. Can anybody explain an effective/situational time to use them on 'Meltdown Mayhem (Extreme)'?

This challenge is really starting to p*ss me off. Either I'm a complete noob and just cannot use them correctly, or this DLC is absolutely abysmal. I hope it's the former.

EDIT: Finally did it after a stroke of pure luck. Horrible medal. I'm dreading having to do that again in the Campaign Mission...

You just have to wait for the target to lock on to three guys. It will ricochet and hit all three.

I have a very useful Nightwing Challenge Guide in the stickies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=341225

You just have to wait for the target to lock on to three guys. It will ricochet and hit all three.

I have a very useful Nightwing Challenge Guide in the stickies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=341225

Yeah, I think that's why I get so frustrated. A lot of the time it never seems to target three enemies together, even when they are side by side. Thanks for the link to the guide though, I've been looking for a Nightwing one for ages :)