Important - Please Read If You Havent Played The Game

Minty

Right, this is for all the people that havent bought/rented the game yet and dont know about all the plot details.

This game has a huge twist in the plot, that has been rumoured for about 6 months. Its there, simple as that. If you know what I am talking about, then you have either played more than 10 seconds of the game or have read the news on this site and others. Plus, this is one of the worst kept secrets in the gaming industry ever.

If however, you havent seen any of the plot details, then you are in for a huge shock when you play the game. However, a lot of the game revolves around this twist, and there are several achievements that relate to it.

BE WARNED- A lot of threads on the game will contain spilers on this. I understand we have a spoiler code for these things, but this isnt like revealing the ending- the plot is revealed within 5 minutes of playing the game.

At the end of the day, this board is for people who are playing the game to get help and advice. They may need to discuss the plot, and we cannot put all of these into spoilers.

So please, read the boards and soak up the atmosphere over what really is one of the best games of the year. But please remember, that if you read other threads, you will see stuff which may ruin the plot and the surprise for you.

[spoiler=poopie]MASTER CHIEF DIES!!!

Haha,

lol EVERYONE NEEDS TO USE THIS THREAD

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36098

to use spoiler tags... remember always use a different ID:

[sp0iler=ID GOES HERE]AC FTW![/sp0iler]

I spelled spoiler with a 0 so you can see a coded example... for the ID use something totally random, like you birthday date of your moms B-Day, any simple number like 1234 or 4321 is probably already taken.

It also helps to change the ID when you quote so it still works in your quote.

Ah yes, when you quote someone's spoiler tag and dont change the ID in the quote, when you click reveal it opens the spoiler in the original post...

example- I changed the ID of eggnogs from "test" to "poopie" notice how the spoiler opens in both the quote in my post and the original post!

What the fuck!!! Im buying this game today because it looks awesome now I need it. I need to find out what this twist is but dont finish work for 5 hours noooooooooo!!!!!! just a quick question about the game it is a free roaming stealth/adventure game right? and another question is this twist cool or stupid?

Yeah, its free roaming stealth/adventure

And the twist... we'll it will take you by surprise and you may not like it at first, but when you play the game and realise it means they can make in theory unlimited sequels, you'll learn to love it ;)

Yeah, its free roaming stealth/adventure

And the twist... we'll it will take you by surprise and you may not like it at first, but when you play the game and realise it means they can make in theory unlimited sequels, you'll learn to love it ;)

Im intrigued, cheers Minty! now how to make 5 hours at work go quickly.............

Also have to remember that when people try to answer questions, it most times isn't intentional that a spoiler is leaked out. Hopefully everyone uses caution when answering questions or giving their opinions on the game, but do try to remember that not all are purposely spilled.

Spoiler tags help big time and I appreciate them a lot when used in a game I have yet to beat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

okay i've played through the story twice and I don't see the twist, guess maybe it wasn't really much of a twist, maybe i saw it coming or maybe i read sumting about the twist not realizing it was a twist or sumting...ouch my head hurst...the story was predictable to the fullest but still quite enjoyable which is cool cause not many plots can pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please don't tell me that this "twist" that your adding hype to is what the whole game is about.. if you are.. /facepalm... The Twist you learn through certain aspects of the game.. and not just the first 10 seconds.. you can see the twist after about the 2nd kill, through the main characters (forgot his name) doubts that he expresses with the leader..

if your "twist" is that he gets stripped out of his rank and has to earn it all back, then it is no twist at all.. your just adding hype to someone who doesn't know.. there is a far bigger element that you come accross the more targets you take out.. (i haven't finished the game yet, so i don't know how it will finish, and what (i'll take a guess at his name) altier will do based on his doubts..)

• 2 months later...