Servers shutting down Mrch 2016

mcnichoj

SE announced however many days back that they'll be shutting down the consoles servers for this game after having been up for nine years already. PC version will continue to work but you won't be able to get Xbox achievements with that version.

It's possible to get the game completed in this amount of time from scratch but you'll need to be dedicated, basically like a part time job.

Getting a copy of the game will also be tricky as you'll need new unused copy as it has a activation code like PC games do or you'll need a used 360 disc and then buy a PC version for its code. Confusing stuff, just ask if you need more info.

Below is a post from someone on another site that started a boosting/helping group.

Update: We've established both a Skype messaging group and a LinkShell (aptly: AchievementHunters) on the Sylph server. You can send me a PM for the former or send an in-game tell to Griimjaw for the latter. I'll update the list of people you can try reaching out to for invites as he passes out LinkPearls and Pearlsacks throughout the coming days.

Update2: If you need a Linkpearl to the Sylph LinkShell, send a /tell to one of the following players:

Griimjaw

Niako

Murphyxx

Well so much for the extra achievements for the Adoulin expansion. It's been a good run. This game has lasted much longer than anticipated, and it was only a matter of time before console support was cut off.

I'm most excited that their final expansion will hit soon, and by the end of the year those of us still playing will get some actual closure with this MMO. That is astounding to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the time I spent playing it. But going for 100% at this point, with roughly a year left on consoles, is going to be a challenge to get it done.

I do wish you the best and hope you enjoy playing it.

I am enjoying it. The game has been nerfed in difficulty, so it's just grinding.

I am enjoying it. The game has been nerfed in difficulty, so it's just grinding.

Oh absolutely. A majority of the game, and these achievements, can be soloed. A well geared and skilled character can probably do all but two of the achievements by their self. The other two actually require multiple characters regardless of skill.