What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

Sgt Scyther

What is your favorite Resident Evil game?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Resident Evil game?

• Resident Evil (Original)
    • Resident Evil 0
    • Resident Evil (Remake)
    • Reisdnet Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    • Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Other

Remake is my favourite one just the atmosphere and soundtrack, those camera angles omg im going to play it today.Resi 3 aswell scares the shit out of me Nemesis always catches me off guard and the Zombies in this one were relentless so many in some areas.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily 4. It's the best when the transition from Survival Horror to Action Horror started, and they kept a lot of the things I enjoyed. Mostly the limited storage space, sized weapons and addons with the ability to upgrade said space, rather than just RE5s, "Everything is now the same size and takes 1 square, so the minigun is the same size as this egg."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really want a well made HD port of the RE: remake, its the best Resident evil game ever. Tension, atmosphere, right amount of shooting, great game design. Crimson heads were nasty if you let them rise up

RE2 and 3 are all time classics. RE-zero is really good. CV is good although has bad bits like the boss fight in the fog and the bit where you have to smash the glass cannonball with those tank controls.

I liked RE4 despite the shift to more action, it still had tension & atmosphere but it also sent the series to slow, shitty death of more shooting, QTE shite. RE5 was poor it did more of everything that was naff about 4, also it forced you to have a dumb AI partner who will let her self get killed and waste ammo!.

RE6 - just shit. Dumber and bigger than 5

Revelations is mostly good, some levels felt like a survival horror games and then they throw in some "shoot everything" for the shooter game

• 1 month later...

RE 4, then RE 2, then Code Veronica.

4 was such a huge leap forward for the series. Still had the scary/shocking bits, and awesome action to go along with it.

RE 2 was the first game I played that actually made me jump from fright (zombies bursting through a window to try and grab you in the police station!), the voice acting was beyond cheesy, but it was the scariest game I had played up to that point.

Like most people Resident Evil 4 is my favorite. Not just because how good it was, but because that was the first Resident Evil game I ever played. I also enjoyed Resident Evil 5 just as much. I've never played 6. I might try it out, but everyone I know says it was pretty bad.

If I was to pick which one I liked or played the most. It would be between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. I beat those games the most and played them a lot. I did play the old ones and they were great. But they just didn't had a big lasting appeal to always make me keep coming back to play/beat them as RE 4 and 5 did. :p

Edited by FF Claire Farron

I don't really have a particular favorite Resident Evil game. But the ones I played the most and like/prefer them equal a bit are the following. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil (remake), Resident Evil 0/Zero, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 5. I played 6 a bit, but honestly I didn't like it as much as RE 4 or 5. I only enjoyed it a bit because of mainly Sherry. :p

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Resident Evil : Code Veronica

To me its the best of the bunch because its perfect in every way. You got the creepy atmosphere, with awesome music fitting with it. You got both the confinement vibe since your stock on an island but with a "feel free to move around" factor. Kinda like a compromise between RE1 and 3. But what really draw me to this game is the story. Its the best easily of all the games. Characters are really unique and special, each of them, the story between Claire and Steve but mostly the vivalry between Wesker and Chris, everything is played so good. The only minor things that i always disliked with the game was the "no dismemberment" factor , as sadly its i think one of the rare game where heads don't pop and such. Also i didn't knew it back in the day but it would become the final true Resident Evil game, at least for a chronologic factor. RE0 and remake are true Resident Evil game as well but they happen BEFORE. After Code Veronica every game to me felt like a spin-off...

Not saying there is not good in the later games, i enjoyed them, i own them and all, but after CV i never had that RE vibe again like i used to...

As for honorable mentions...

RE2 : It was the first RE i played, on N64(only system i had at the time), only a rental, but i remember how much fun i had. I bough a dreamcast afterward and got RE3 with it, then not much after RE CV and eventually i got back RE2 on N64 as it was hard to find on DC. I did couple years later and rebough it. Some great memories on this game.

RE1 Remake : Oh boy did they really do so good with the graphics... awesome atmosphere, very good scenario, only thing that bothered me a bit was burning the zombies, but overall its just such an amazing game. Once im done with RE4 ill rebuy it on the marketplace for sure.

Now when it come to the original, on PS1, i got it way later, actually just a bit before the remake was out, so i don't have a strong love for it as some. I mean i still like to joke about Jill Sandwich and such, but since i got it very late(i had no playstation, was a n64 teen lol) i felt the graphics where off a bit, the game felt very cartoonish and so on. But i still apreciate, its just not as special as for some people.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...