Grand Slam DOES Unlock

borandi

I have it. Let's just say the past 5 days have been nothing but PDC darts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWc0WKptWG8]PDC Grand Slam achievement DOES unlock[/ame]

Transcript:

Welcome to the video to show that the Grand Slam achievement in PDC Darts just does not work.

I'm about to throw the final dart here in the World Championship, which is the last tournament in Career Mode.

Just to show you what I've done here so far, I've played the first TWO seasons of PDC Darts, that's 13 tournaments, without turning the xbox off, or quitting out of Career Mode.

[Achievement Unlocked]

OK, I refute that - the Grand Slam achievement DOES work, and as you can see it has just unlocked.

So what I did:

Custom Character,

Played through seasons 1 and 2, rarely ever pressing start,

Only letting it save when it auto saves

Barely losing 30 or so legs across the career

As you can see, 10k darts thrown and all the trophies.

As a time scale, today is Christmas Day, so 25th December. I started the first season on the 20th December, and have had a mixture of sleeping and playing this game for the past five days. And some drinking.

So there you go, the Grand Slam achievement does unlock, and PDC Darts is fully completable.

Edited by borandi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is it really safe though to leave your Xbox on for 5 days without it overheating on ya?

PCs are designed to be able to run non-stop for years; like business servers, supercomputers, home PCs that continually contribute CPU cycles to science, or in my case being a computational chemist, all day everyday, even overclocked the quad cores - the 360 is just a PC variant.

That being said, I did this on a new elite in Dec 08. If you have an early original model, I'd probably suggest against it.

But with that being said, PDC darts isn't too taxing on CPU/GPU input/output.

Also, it might not take you 5 days. I only discovered my instant-180 trick late in the second season, up to that point I had a 3 dart average of around 132.

• 1 year later...