• White
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Red
    • Green
    • Green-Black
    • White-Red-Green
    • Black-Red-Green

The right combination of elves in the Green Black is unstoppable pretty much.

But it is also the only one I have completed so far, going for white now so maybe my opinion will change.

The Elf deck is not "unstoppable". I use either Red, Black, or Fury against it and usually win. It's usually the first deck people unlock (other than green) because everyone reads in forums how easy and good it is. But if you kill the buffing creatures (Elvish Champion, etc.) right away (hence why Red & Fury work good against it), it weakens the deck big time. Plus it has ZERO flyers so it can't stop any flying creatures.

It really depends on how you play, how your opponent plays, and how long the match goes on. There's some decks that are really good for slow grind game (Black, Elf), while others are really good for rushing (white, blue). Others have great defense and life gain (white, green). It's all just down to your style. The only deck that I really can't find much that I like about it is the red deck and the RGW deck.

EDIT: Online I've had the most luck with Black (9 game streak) and White (7 game streak).

... while others are really good for rushing (white, blue).

The only deck that I really can't find much that I like about it is the red deck ...

The red deck ist best for rushing IMO. There are many low cost creatures with haste.

With "Bloodmark Mentor" (Red creatures you control have first strike.)

and

"Rage Reflection" (Creatures you control have double strike.)

it is very powerful.

Another good card, but can break your neck also if unlucky, is "Furnace of Rath" (If a source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.)

All cards who can attack the opponent lifepoints directly now gets the dmg doubled too.

Prodigal Pyromancer - would deal 2 dmg instead of 1 every turn

Cinder Pyromancer - would deal 2 dmg instead of 1 every turn

Shock - would deal 4 dmg instead of 2

Incinerate - would deal 6 dmg instead of 3

Lava Axe - would deal 10 dmg instead of 5

Seismic Assault - would deal 4 dmg instead of 2 for every discarded land card

Kamahl, Pit Fighter - would deal 6 dmg instead of 3 every turn

Shivan Hellkite - deals 1 damage *2 to target creature or player per a cost of 2 land every turn

and ,IMO, the most powerful card in this combo...

Blaze - would deal X dmg *2 to target creature or player.

edit: oh forgot about "Flamewave Invoker" - for a cost of 7 of any color and 1 mountain it would deal 10 dmg instead of 5 every turn

You see. It can be really powerful if lucky. :)

Edited by PlaneswalkerX

Another good card, but can break your neck also if unlucky, is "Furnace of Rath" (If a source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.)

You need to be careful with that one, though, it's a global effect. Your opponent gets double damage too, so it's only really helpful when you already have a distinct advantage. The green deck LOVES to see that card hit the table.

You need to be careful with that one, though, it's a global effect. Your opponent gets double damage too, so it's only really helpful when you already have a distinct advantage. The green deck LOVES to see that card hit the table.

True. Of course you have to paly it if the oppenent has no badass creatures already in play. :)

But no risk, no fun. jk :D

Edited by PlaneswalkerX

A lot of love for green/black, but I think G/B is way more easily defeated than mono-black. I have yet to lose a match against G/B when playing red, for instance -- as long as you save your creature killer/damage spells for the couple of boosting creatures and attack quickly, G/B never gets started.

Now black.. black is well-rounded, with stuff for every situation. You can go the discard damage route, you can handle fliers, you can straight eliminate the creatures you dread. It has cheap, plentiful regenerating blockers. It has powerful creatures ("Fear" (or whatever it's called, the 6/6 that kills anything that does you damage) is practically broken.. unless you're playing blue and can counter it right out, it's hard to get rid of). It even has a spell that just destroys all the other person's creatures. It has plenty of creatures that are unblockable in certain situations. And if all else fails and you're just stalemating, you have the every turn auto-damage enchantments.

Yeah, the first time I played against the black cpu, it destroyed me. It got two Megrim out, a Rack, and kept playing Ravenous Rats. I killed them twice but it used raise dead and brought it right back in.

The black deck could be especially deadly in two headed giant games as either double black or with a blue partner. Underworld Dreams that deals 1 damage every time you draw a card affects both players draw so is doubly effective. The other real killer is the Mortivore, with 4 players contributing to the graveyard, it can get overpowering very fast, especially when you make the opponent give you 'free kills' when they discard cards. It only cost 4 mana, has power and toughness equal to number of creatures in the graveyard, and costs 1 mana to regenerate.

Edited by Shinobi273