Finally Completed Legend, Pacifist And Foxiest Of The Hounds!

I just finished my 2nd playthrough to get Foxiest of Hounds, Pacifist and Legend all in one. This means I know have 1000/1000. Let me give you some tips.

I used rokkyrok awesome walkthrough guide to help me get all the other achievements. This told me what to say for the conversations, where to locate side quest and where all the eBooks were. I suggest you check it out.

Now let me give you tips for the big three.

Foxiest of Hounds

-I never set off any alarms(obviously)

-Never went to hostile mode. Guards were only alarmed. Camera's only suspicious.

-There was one moment when I punched through a wall and a guy sounded the alarm so make sure you stick for a while before moving on. If they do sound the alarm, look for another way through.

-If a turret turns hostile, reload the checkpoint. This is what voided it the first time for me. You definitely should use cloak for these guys.

-If you kill/knockout anybody, make sure to hide them in a good place. If they find the body, they might sound the alarm.

-If you mess up a hack (Timer ends) the alarm will sound.

-There are some parts where it is ok for the alarm to be on such as:

[spoiler=123]The beginning of the game, decontamination rooms, when Zhao goes into the panic room, the ambush in Picus, the end and some other parts I forgot.

Legend

-This game is so easy if you go through stealth only.

-I did no side quest in the entire game.

-Whatever you do, DO NOT get the biochip the second time you are in China.

-It only took me 6 hours give or take to beat the whole thing.

-I suggest you get the stun gun, a few energy bars and a ton of grenades/mines in your inventory at all times.

-For the frag mines, walk up very slowly to them and take it.

-For the first 3 bosses, I would throw a gas grenade to stun them and then I would unload all my frags at them. You could also use a typhoon for the finishing touch if you have it.

-I only knocked out ONE person in the entire game. You'll be surprised on how many routes there are to get to your destination. Especially at the end.

-For the funicular, I used the cloaking device to bring the elevator down and went underneath the staircase. When it finally came down, I sneaked my way inside with the cloak on.

-At the very end, with all the crazies in the middle, I made sure I had 2 batteries and max camo. I just ran right through all of them.

-At the parts where there are lasers blocking an entry, I would wait for a guard to pass by, and use camo and sneak right past.

Pacifist

-Like I said before, I only knocked out 1 guy and that was the very first guard in the beginning.

-Bosses can be killed.

-The 2 mechs in Tao Young Medical, I EMP'ed both of them. So it does not void the achievement if you do that.

-You CANNOT kill anyone in the beginning of the game.

-In the last boss fight, it is OK for the crazies to be killed by the electricity.

-If you hack a turret, the kills it gets WILL void the achievement. So disable them.

-I did not do any side quest so I do not know about the Fall or the Kevorkian Complex.

Augements

I will now tell you which augments I bought.

-Hacking Capture= I leveled this up to level 4, only because I wanted one door to be open. You really don't need this unless you want something.

-Hacking Stealth= If you are going to be hacking stuff, this just makes it to easy. I only put 3 points in to this. Feel free to add the last one.

-Battery Recharge= If you are going to be using camo a lot, this will charge up your battery in 10 seconds if you upgrade it all the way. I didn't upgrade how many batteries I could get because I found it useless because you need a ton of energy bars to keep it up.

-Typhoon= This can be useful for the bosses. I however I only used it twice. So feel free to only upgrade it once or none at all.

-Arms= I bought the ability to pick up heavy stuff right away because it leads into some vents. I also bought the ability to punch through walls. I only used it when I felt the other entries were heavily guarded. Save right before you do it to make sure nobody is on the other side and just in case someone sounds the alarm.

-Icarus= I only had to use it twice, but both times were useful to infiltrate the area when the ladders were out.

-Dermal Armor= Only used it to get the EMP bonus. This just made it easier for that part at the end where electricity is all over. Not really needed but I had extra points.

-Cloak= Without a doubt, this is a must have. I maxed it out. It just makes it so easier to sneak past guards. You can even turn it on and run across the room. Guards might get alarmed but won't do anything hostile.

-Jumping= Again, you really don't need this but I used it for the last fight to get a better vantage point.

Some other augments you might find useful is the ability to see through walls, enhanced radar, CASIE, and the ability to knockout 2 people at the same time.

DO NOT waste your points on stealth enhancer. Worst choice I made in first playthrough. Also do not get anything for making shooting easier since you won't be using any guns.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'm happy to help.

I agree on a lot of things with the original poster, although I did my playthrough with as many sidequests I could. My personal tips:

Never use lethal force when non-lethal force will do.

You're obviously doing this anyway if going for Pacifist, but even if not, killing people sucks in this game. Lethal takedowns are noisier and give less experience than knockouts. The stun gun and tranq rifle are one-shot weapons, yes, but when that one shot hits, it's always lights out. Outside of boss fights, there's rarely reason or incentive to use lethal weaponry.

On Augments:

Batteries/Recharge: By all means, get quicker recharge times for your 'free' battery, but leave it until later to buy more. Only one battery recharges for free, and filling the others requires a finite resource, especially since lugging around those big four-square, non-stacking energy jars is a waste of inventory space.

Hacking: This is your bread and butter. XP bonuses, in many cases better mission results, and access to more places and resources. Max out Hacking/Stealth early. Raise your Hacking/Capture as the computers/locks get progressively harder. You should be at level 3 before you hit Hengsha. You should be at level 5 before you leave. The ability to hack Turrets and Bots has surprisingly little payoff, especially on a Pac/Foxy run. Fortify and Analysis are worthless.

Augs that let you get into places: These are: Heavy Lift, Punch Wall, High Jump, EMP resistance, Gas resistance. Prioritize HIGH, in the order listed. High Jump and Gas res. are the only things worth getting in their respective augment trees. Gas res. is optional, since there are maybe 2-3 obstacles in the whole game that require it, although immunity to gas grenades is a nice thing to have.

Radar Enhancement: The increased range in the radar is nice, but also makes the radar harder to read. Why I still recommend you take it is because it lets you see enemies and cameras out of your line of sight.

Stealth Enhancement: As stated by others before me, this entire tree is a complete and utter waste of Praxis points.

Inventory Space: Always nice to be able to carry more loot. A heavy rifle or a rocket launcher sells for a nice sum so you can afford those Praxis kits. Plan to max this before the end of the game, preferably earlier.

Recoil Comp./Aim Stabilizer: No. Not for a single point. Ew. Especially since neither helps a whit when sniping.

Cloak: It's a nice thing to have, but since any long-term use requires those rare energy items, impractical. Leave for later, maybe maxing it out around when you're in Shanghai for your second visit. The 7 second invisibility you get with your single recharging battery is very useful in many situations in the late game.

Reflex Booster: Let's you knock out two guys for the price of one. Thumbs up for this one, there are numerous places where it is useful. Not a must buy, but a recommended one.

Icarus Landing System: Let's face it, you want to get this at some point. It makes navigating the multi-level Hengsha much less stressful, so plan on getting it during your stay. Death from falling is always a needless tragedy. As is a climb down a long ladder.

Typhoon: Short range, noisy, no bonuses for kills, and worst of all, a lethal weapon. Some say it's good against bosses, but the bosses aren't really hard if you're otherwise properly prepared and don't panic. Stick to more civilized weapons. There's only one spot in the game I feel it is genuinely helpful (Talion AD), and that's just not enough. The ammo is cost-effective loot though, sells for decent money while being easy on inventory space.

Smart Vision: Nifty, but hardly necessary. Use your radar until you have 2 spare Praxis points lying about and no better use for them.

Retinal Flash Suppressant: Immunity to concussion. Nice, but rarely needed. Pick it up for a point if you feel like it.

Can anyone confirm this "If you mess up a hack (Timer ends) the alarm will sound" ?? Also, am I ok if a bot/robot is on alarmed state (yellow one)?

Yes, in the mission zones (not in most of the hub areas). You should always disconnect with Y if you're about to be traced. You still get to try again if you have remaining attempts.

The alarm also sounds if you are on your last attempt, even if you disconnect in time.

An 'alarmed' state is safe both on guards and bots. You can still get a 'Ghost' bonus (unless the reason they are alarmed is that they've found a body), and you haven't screwed up 'Foxiest of all Hounds'.

Yes, in the mission zones (not in most of the hub areas). You should always disconnect with Y if you're about to be traced. You still get to try again if you have remaining attempts.

The alarm also sounds if you are on your last attempt, even if you disconnect in time.

An 'alarmed' state is safe both on guards and bots. You can still get a 'Ghost' bonus (unless the reason they are alarmed is that they've found a body), and you haven't screwed up 'Foxiest of all Hounds'.

Interesting...Im almost sure got traced at least 2 times, but I never heard any alarm. Oh well...Thanks for the answer.

I was kinda bored so I was doing a side quest in Hengsha where you had to rescue this girl Ning. There are 3 guards outside her door, i stealthed in the middle of all of them, and used typhoon. I already got pacifist, i just dont know if this will void Foxiest.

The cops didn't come or anything, no one knew it happened, but I don't want my want for variety to screw me over lol. (3rd playthrough, had to do a good and evil one hehe)

Edited by Halochief Chris

Interesting...Im almost sure got traced at least 2 times, but I never heard any alarm. Oh well...Thanks for the answer.

May not be every terminal (maybe a normal office desktop won't sound an alarm), but definitely with important doors, security hubs, and laser grid terminals. I wasn't caught too often once I got the hang of hacking.

I was kinda bored so I was doing a side quest in Hengsha where you had to rescue this girl Ning. There are 3 guards outside her door, i stealthed in the middle of all of them, and used typhoon. I already got pacifist, i just dont know if this will void Foxiest.

The cops didn't come or anything, no one knew it happened, but I don't want my want for variety to screw me over lol. (3rd playthrough, had to do a good and evil one hehe)

If no one was alarmed and no one came, then you should be fine.

-For the frag mines, walk up very slowly to them and take it.
Take it? Say wha? I never got close enough to a mine unless it blew up, or I crawled past with cloaking on and avoided it.

Can you take the mines off the walls and use them later?

I bought stealth enhancer on my first run too, complete waste, actually a hindrance more than anything.

If you seriously knocked out only one person the whole game that gives me hope, I found myself stuck in quite a few spots the first run. Must really check all those little nooks and crannies closer.

Edited by Opiate42

Second playthrough on hard, going for the no-kills and no alarms achievements too.

In the first proper mission of the game (the one with the hostages) there were some alarms flashing and going off as I was sneaking around near a camera and turret, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't get spotted (didn't get any alarmed or hostile enemies), presumably this was just random and wasn't something that I'd done to set it off?

Take it? Say wha? I never got close enough to a mine unless it blew up, or I crawled past with cloaking on and avoided it.

Can you take the mines off the walls and use them later?

I bought stealth enhancer on my first run too, complete waste, actually a hindrance more than anything.

If you seriously knocked out only one person the whole game that gives me hope, I found myself stuck in quite a few spots the first run. Must really check all those little nooks and crannies closer.

If you crouch and walk very slowly to them, you can disarm them and take it. And I just noticed I took out 2 people but the second one I had to do it to progress. But even then, it's still possible to go through the game without knocking someone out if you are patient enough.

Second playthrough on hard, going for the no-kills and no alarms achievements too.

In the first proper mission of the game (the one with the hostages) there were some alarms flashing and going off as I was sneaking around near a camera and turret, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't get spotted (didn't get any alarmed or hostile enemies), presumably this was just random and wasn't something that I'd done to set it off?

I'm pretty sure that happened to me near the end when the SWAT came in.

-If a turret turns hostile, reload the checkpoint. This is what voided it the first time for me. You definitely should use cloak for these guys.

So, I've asked this Question a few times before. And have gotten a Definitive "Don't worry about it" Answer from another person who had Foxiest. But The Very First Turret you encounter int the whole game, in Sarif Manufacturing, I dove Across the Hallway(From cover to cover) and it went Hostile and shot about 2 bullets.

What would you say to this?

Not that it matters now, I'm about finished with TYM.

So, I've asked this Question a few times before. And have gotten a Definitive "Don't worry about it" Answer from another person who had Foxiest. But The Very First Turret you encounter int the whole game, in Sarif Manufacturing, I dove Across the Hallway(From cover to cover) and it went Hostile and shot about 2 bullets.

What would you say to this?

Not that it matters now, I'm about finished with TYM.

This is the exact area I was referring to in my post above. There were a few flashing alarm lights but I'm sure I didn't set them off.

I managed to get across that gap by sprinting when the camera was pointed the other way and the turret didn't go hostile. There's also a vent just before that you can go through to get behind that turret.

A tip for the Sarif Manufacturing Plant, there is a turret (first in the game) guarding an XP Book, there is no obvious way to get the book without going hostile and you likely wont have cloak by this point. Here's a cheeky way of getting it.

Go through the vent and it leads out behind the turret, in this area behind the turret there are cardboard boxes, grab the one stood up long ways, carry it to the side of the turret and put it down as close as possible. Grab another box, throw it so its upright, grab it, and block the turret off from the other side, back through the vent, and you can just walk right into the XP Book room. This comes in handy a few times.

You can block turrets view with items.

It took me about 8 hours if anyone was wondering. Here are some things i learned that might help others.

-the turret near the beginning does not affect Foxiest Of The Hounds.

-It does not matter what your radar says (suspicious, alarmed or whatever) as long as an actual alarm does not go off.

-I have been reading a lot about the tranquilizer being glitched(killing instead of knocking out) but i used it the whole play through and didnt have a problem. (I also never shot at the head just to be safe)

-This might be a duh statement for some, but in case you were curious, the wackos at the very end of the game do not affect Foxiest Of The Hound.

I have literally just done these three cheevos too, about 5 minutes ago.

I can confirm that when it comes to Alarms, it simply means if one is activated by a soldier the cheevo is void.

When the HUD says Alarmed/Suspicious etc, just ignore it. Just make sure no one set off an alarm.

It took me around 8 hours also.

As for the last mission, every Crazy is avoidable via vents bar the ones near the end on a long metal bridge (I cloaked past them all), this is where gas greneades come in handy or the P.E.P.S. for multiple knockout takedowns.

Id say to make Foxiest more easy, use the Wall Smash Aug. The last quater of the game from Omega Ranch onwards was so easy to get around past guards using it to find alternate routes and vents.