what's better "Skyrim" or "Oblivion"

xxCOMGETSOMxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrowind was fantasy to the core, where oblivion was instead a game with fantasy elements and a simil real location. Oblivion had this monostyle ambient that had slight differences through the game world, or as i say, just boring. The graphic limitations are smartly hidden in Skyrim, and the location are less juvenile without all that sunny places and green landscapes.

Morrowind=loved.

Oblivion=abandoned.

Skyrim=loved.

whats do think's better skyrim or oblivion

I have to go with Skyrim. I had to push myself to just complete the main quest in oblivion. IMO all the locations and colors seemed the same along with most of the NPCs and it felt like there was no real reason to explore. I am only about halfway through the main quest in Skyrim with the companions and mage guilds completed. I am a huge Fallout fan and I found myself enjoying this game more, even with the glitches. Skyrim is my GOTY hands down.

oblivion was the best for me, by far. i mean i love skyrim and its definately my second favourite game of all time but oblivion just,for me had more to offer. im done with skyrim now until DLC comes out, but i put at least 500 hours into oblivion and didnt get bored for a second. also i got morrowind after oblivion and couldn't really get into it. ill finish it someday though.

Skyrim>Oblivion>Morrowind

What ruined Morrowind for me was not being able to fast travel, and having no good interface for quests other than a freaking long journal. I know there were some modes of transportation in Morrowind, but if you had to walk basically anywhere northeast, you had to walk for hours on foot and it was super annoying.

Everything I hated in Morrowind they improved for Oblivion. Not to mention Oblivion was just so much prettier and vibrant.

When I first started Skyrim I didn't like it, but as I got the hang of the subtle differences I have really enjoyed the depth of character, and the way they simplified the leveling system.

Although all that being said, I liked the guild questlines for Oblivion better, mostly because they felt more like separate stories, and the way that you could progress in rank.

But overall Skyrim is a much richer experience.

I would have to say right now its a tie between morrowind and skyrim. I loved oblivion, but it lacked in the vastness that morrowind had. Skyrim is just lovely... i love the face there are dragons and we have Dwemer runins to go through. Morrowind had alot of dwarven stuff to go through and i loved that... oblivion just had books on the matter....

I rate Morrowind 9.5

Oblivion 8.9

Skyrimm 9.5

now... if i wanted to i rate Shivering Isle 10... it was an amazingly beautiful add on to Oblivion. The Tribunal and Bloodmoon for Morrowind were good... Tribunal was definately my favorite... 9.5 bloodmoon 8.9

Skyrims future expansion should be interesting... def. need to do something with the Dunmer and their exile from Morrowind and Thamor...

Love my custom dragon bone armour... love hearing the Guards go... is your armour made of dragons bones... lol

Skyrim>Oblivion>Morrowind

What ruined Morrowind for me was not being able to fast travel, and having no good interface for quests other than a freaking long journal. I know there were some modes of transportation in Morrowind, but if you had to walk basically anywhere northeast, you had to walk for hours on foot and it was super annoying.

although i agree with you with your order,i quite liked the travel in Morrowind it was one of the few things i did like in Morrowind,i liked the big fleas you could ride(silt Striders) and the mages transportation as well....fast travel in Oblivion and Skyrim,although quicker and easier,seems a bit ..i dunno,lazy

I still agree with the walking,i got so lost in the volcanic areas of the map,and like Oblivion i was jumping everywhere to get my athletics skill up,LOL

Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim

What makes Skyrim worse than Oblivion imo:

S>Boring ass landscape with hindering mountains everywhere

O>Mixed landscapes, land looked more alive, no mountains everywhere.

S>stupid perks that are even limited

O>You could level every skill to maximum and be good at everything

S>Can't kill half of the NPC, even some of the most umimportant guys are unkillable

and some enemies.

O>Only a few guys were unkillable

S>Even less armor parts

O>At least you had greaves and pants

S>No Arena like Questline.

O>Arena is there.

S>Not enough daedra

O>Dremoras and daedras are everywhere

S>way TOO much annoying dragons. Why the hell am I beating the mainquest anyway?

O>Oblivion gates vanished after the MQ, and they didn't annoy at all while they were there.

S>Guilds are a joke. They are patheticly short and boring.

O>Every guild is longer and not as boring.

Of course Skyrim has its pluspoints and in some ways its superior to Oblivion, but there are not enough plus points.

Well Morrowind is still the very best Elder Scrolls game to date, and I truely feel sorry for the kids who are too stupid to get into it and enjoy it, because it is amazing. Everything about it is.

inb4 weapons never hit, try to play the game for longer than 5 minutes and actually level your skills, if that's not too hard for you.

Oh yeah, and I forgot:

S>No athletics and acrobatics

O>I could jump forever. Felt awesome, man.

S>No main attributes, no birthsigns

O>Had birthsigns and attributes like a real RPG should have. Intelligence, Strenght, Speed...I miss all those.

S>You can only wear one ring at a time. WTF bethesda?

O>Two rings could be equipped at the same time like it should be god damnit.

The more I think about it the longer this list could go on, but I don't want to waste my time posting a huge wall of complaints. I just like Oblivion more.

Edited by PrinceOfThralls

In my opinion, Skyrim is the best to date, but Oblivion was mind-blowing in its day, and Morrowind was made before they watered down the magic system. So each has its own pros and cons. If you are only looking at graphics, Skyrim is by far the best. I put in Oblivion for my son yesterday to get him off my back and away from my copy of Skyrim, and I could hardly stand getting him out of the first sewer after playing Skyrim.

I know a lot of people are still voting for Morrowind, and I do miss being able to make uber-powerful items and levitate around everywhere, but the gameplay dynamics are best in Skyrim!

Also true. The shivering isles were IMMENSE, and I doubt Bethesda will create anything as good again. I have no faith in their skills.

don't be too sure,before Skyrim was released Todd Howard said they have DLC plans for the game that are more Expansions than the smaller DLC you see in games

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/11/skyrim-dlc-will-be-less-frequent-but-more-substantial.ars

"Very quick DLC might sell well, but that's not our priority," he said Monday in a phone interview with Wired.com.

"We're not going to be doing a lot of it. Our high-level thinking is that there'll be not as many [pieces of DLC], but they'll be bigger and more substantial," he said. "The goal overall is not necessarily to put out more content, but to make the game better."

before Oblivion I never gotten into RPG's.

so when I checked out Morrowind it felt too dated... that's a shame actually.

between Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim is my favorite.

main reasons:

- Ob's dungeon all looked alike and were boring to get through. compare them to Sky's. each one i've seen so far is unique, has a total different feel and look. they all have there own story

- the landscape in Sky is more beautiful (not graphically, artisticly [sp?]) and varied.

- Ob's Oblivion Gates. those were boring as hell

- leveling up system is better.

- writing is better

probably more