Reviews

gmorra

OXM(OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE) has given a review and score of 8.5/10:

OXM says; Great scope of the game and the "ferociously over-the-top" combat is a plus, but criticized how enemy spawning and co-op is implemented as well as the inability to save from anywhere."

http://borderlandsguide.com/forum/first-reviewcaution-its-oxm

Shows a scanned copy of the final Verdict.

Edited by gmorra

You can post a link to reviews...? People do it all the time. As long as you don't claim it is your own.

I found a post on the Gearbox forums about the review:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=1533118&postcount=180

And on this "saving problem" OXM has:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=1532874#post1532874

Cool.................

From the excerpts of the review it sounds as if the reviewer was expecting mass effect. Not every game needs dialogue trees and as long as it saves my characters stats and weapons every time I leave the game then the save system works for me. Anyhow in less than a week everyone can review the game.

Just checked Wikipedia just to read through all the info and spotted this at the bottom:

"In the latest issue of the Australian game magazine Atomic MPC, Borderlands received a score of 91% (out of 100%) where the reviewer praised the games cell-shaded art style and its blend between a role-playing game and a first person shooter. The main criticism was towards in how the guns started to feel similar after awhile, and how the loot was a little bit too overwhelming, as the rest of the players' weapons practically felt useless compared to the new ones they found. The review concluded with a "HOT" symbol, and as a possible contender for the Game of The Year 2009."

Similar guns: Doesn't bother me.

Overwhelming loot: The more the merrier!

It's going to be awesome, now to convince more of my friends to get this...

Good find on the AU review.

I don't see a problem with TOO much loot. In fact, I don't think you can have too much. Plus, constantly getting new guns shakes things up a bit. Takes you away from the style of EVERY other game where you are constantly using the same guns. And of course guns will start to feel similar. Machine guns are machine guns, pistols are pistols, sniper rifles are sniper rifles, etc.

I guess I'm confused after reading that bit about the save system. Does it not save your guns you have? That would really suck to get a killer one, save and quit (like go to bed for the night) and then come back to see it lost. Hopefully I'm wrong in my interpretation.

Yes it saves all your guns & stats. It just doesn't save like Fallout, where you can save exactly mid jump and the when you load the game again you are still in the air. It doesn't save every enemy and foilage. When you load a game you then enter the world at a save spot or last checkpoint with all of you items and stats. Hope this helps!

Yes it saves all your guns & stats. It just doesn't save like Fallout, where you can save exactly mid jump and the when you load the game again you are still in the air. It doesn't save every enemy and foilage. When you load a game you then enter the world at a save spot or last checkpoint with all of you items and stats. Hope this helps!

Sums it up well. Though, the game does save everything when you quit the game (though, it probably just saves your XP, level, guns, equipment, etc. and not your exact location).