Any way to power level on hardcore?

I'm like 2 hours and just finished Act I, I don't know how to fly through it haha.

Act I is easily the longest act. Oddly enough, the length of the acts seems to be AI > AIII > AV > AII > AIV

Act IV is short as hell. It's like, beat up some shit and then fight Diablo, ok done. Act II can be long if you get lost wandering around in certain areas, but once you know where you're going, it usually goes fairly fast.

Act I is easily the longest act. Oddly enough, the length of the acts seems to be AI > AIII > AV > AII > AIV

Act IV is short as hell. It's like, beat up some shit and then fight Diablo, ok done. Act II can be long if you get lost wandering around in certain areas, but once you know where you're going, it usually goes fairly fast.

Sweet, I just want to get my HC character to adventure so I can smash out bounties haha

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!

I just had my lvl 66 Hardcore monk die. Why couldn't he die 2 seconds after hitting level 70 instead :p

That's gotta suck.

I almost lost my 22 WD fighting Maghda, got a bit cocky and jumped straight in the middle of all the action. Needless to say if I did did I would probably not be getting the 1000 haha.

Interestingly enough, I started a new character and I'm already LVL 46 using a new method ... I uploaded a YouTube vid to show the new method, but it should work to QUICKLY solo level up all characters to 70. At this rate, I think I might actually finish the achievo like I thought I would today.

In the video, I go from just barely lvl 25 to two XP bars away from 28 in about 8-9min. In the hour and a half since I made the video and started uploading it, I've gone up to lvl 46.

This method works ... fast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgW49T0BuRM]Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition - Fast Leveling (1-70) Solo - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT (If you're watching this in the minutes after I uploaded, I appologize for the low quality, but the video is still processing for 480p & 720p quality)

EDIT2 -- Forgot to mention ... this is also probably the fastest way to get the 500 Bounties done SOLO. It's still slower than doing split-bounties with 4 players, but not by much.

Edited by Darth VeX

Interestingly enough, I started a new character and I'm already LVL 46 using a new method ... I uploaded a YouTube vid to show the new method, but it should work to QUICKLY solo level up all characters to 70. At this rate, I think I might actually finish the achievo like I thought I would today.

In the video, I go from just barely lvl 25 to two XP bars away from 28 in about 8-9min. In the hour and a half since I made the video and started uploading it, I've gone up to lvl 46.

EDIT (If you're watching this in the minutes after I uploaded, I appologize for the low quality, but the video is still processing for 480p & 720p quality)

EDIT2 -- Forgot to mention ... this is also probably the fastest way to get the 500 Bounties done SOLO. It's still slower than doing split-bounties with 4 players, but not by much.

Awesome, will be using this when I finish Story Mode.

Awesome method. Can it be used with a level 1 character after you unlock adventure mode?

Awesome! I'll start power leveling my other 4 characters this weekend.

Bummer dude. I can even imagine the frustration your in.

Yeah. The trick to really maximizing your runs is to pop up the difficulty when you get good new gear (like building a bunch of set pieces right at level 60), but after a few levels if you have a close call, bring it back down to a more manageable level.

I had a close call just a moment ago that I thought was going to make me tear my hair out :D

EDIT: Just finished, now I've got the Hardcore lvl 70 achievo :D

Edited by Darth VeX

Yeah. The trick to really maximizing your runs is to pop up the difficulty when you get good new gear (like building a bunch of set pieces right at level 60), but after a few levels if you have a close call, bring it back down to a more manageable level.

I had a close call just a moment ago that I thought was going to make me tear my hair out :D

EDIT: Just finished, now I've got the Hardcore lvl 70 achievo :D

How long did that take you? Almost finished th story on normal and going to bump up the difficulty after that incase I die.

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! Died when I was literally about to defeat Malthael. Have to restart the whole fucking campaign again. Sick of WD ATM. What would be the best character for Hardcore.

To make matters worse it wasn't even Malthael that killed me, it was a Death Shroud.

Edited by Aceman417

Great method Vex! For anyone who already has a 70, I'd recommend getting a Hellfire Ring(+45% Exp) and Cain's Set (+30%Exp). With those and a gem slotted in my Helm I'm getting around 400% bonus on Master or Inferno (can't remember which). Also, socket rubies into your weapons and your damage will increase dramatically. I can one/two shot standard mobs with my DH.

How long did that take you? Almost finished th story on normal and going to bump up the difficulty after that incase I die.

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! Died when I was literally about to defeat Malthael. Have to restart the whole fucking campaign again. Sick of WD ATM. What would be the best character for Hardcore.

To make matters worse it wasn't even Malthael that killed me, it was a Death Shroud.

With my first Hardcore character, it probably took about 5-6 hours just to complete the campaign. Using higher level gems in your weapons & equipment can help speed up the process. Luckily, I'd already completed the campaign and moved on to adventure mode when Nicki Minaj the monk died at lvl 66.

My second character (the one who actually got to 70), ONLY did the Hell Rift bounty over and over.

---

As far as what character to use ... I know several people prefer WD, but personally, I really like the Monk using the following build:

:abut: Tempest Rush (Tailwind)

:rtbut: Way of the Hundred Fists (Hands of Lightning)

:xbut: Seven-Sided Strike (Sudden Assault)

:ybut: Dashing Strike (Quicksilver)

:bbut: Breath of Heaven (Circle of Scorn)

:rbbut: Mantra of Healing (Time of Need)

P1 - Near Death Experience

P2 - One With Everything

P3 - Provocation

P4 - Fleet Footed (not that you'll need a 4th slot, you'll have the achievement by here)

The reason I like this build is simple - healing, healing, healing. Standard operating procedure for me is to Dashing Strike my way through mobs until I reach the target, hit him with Seven-Sided Strike and then beat up on him with Way of the Hundred Fists until my health gets a bit low. Then I blast Breath of Heaven, which with the Circle of Scorn rune not only heals me up, but blasts all nearby enemies with 505% Holy weapon damage. If I get in danger, I spam my bumpers to use a potion and the active Mantra ability, and then Dashing Strike away (with the Quicksilver rune, you can have up to 3 dashes, so getting away is usually pretty easy).

I use Tempest Rush sparingly, and in fact ... looking back now, I should have used Serenity (Peaceful Repose) for even more immunity to control-imparing effects and healing -- because the only close calls with death were due to these.

If you prefer that alternative, I'd definitely go in that direction, because you don't really NEED one of those secondary skills that burns Spirit ... it's better to save your Spirit for Seven-Sided strikes and the active Mantra abilities.

I also had the Templar following me around with Heal, Loyalty, Onslaught, and Guardian as his skills, so I get even MORE healing. Despite all this, you have no idea how many times yesterday that the "Near Death Experience" passive skill saved my life.

Awesome method :) nice find! Gone from 26 to 35 in about half an hour or so, maybe 45 mins. Either way, much respect for finding this!

With my first Hardcore character, it probably took about 5-6 hours just to complete the campaign. Using higher level gems in your weapons & equipment can help speed up the process. Luckily, I'd already completed the campaign and moved on to adventure mode when Nicki Minaj the monk died at lvl 66.

My second character (the one who actually got to 70), ONLY did the Hell Rift bounty over and over.

---

As far as what character to use ... I know several people prefer WD, but personally, I really like the Monk using the following build:

:abut: Tempest Rush (Tailwind)

:rtbut: Way of the Hundred Fists (Hands of Lightning)

:xbut: Seven-Sided Strike (Sudden Assault)

:ybut: Dashing Strike (Quicksilver)

:bbut: Breath of Heaven (Circle of Scorn)

:rbbut: Mantra of Healing (Time of Need)

P1 - Near Death Experience

P2 - One With Everything

P3 - Provocation

P4 - Fleet Footed (not that you'll need a 4th slot, you'll have the achievement by here)

The reason I like this build is simple - healing, healing, healing. Standard operating procedure for me is to Dashing Strike my way through mobs until I reach the target, hit him with Seven-Sided Strike and then beat up on him with Way of the Hundred Fists until my health gets a bit low. Then I blast Breath of Heaven, which with the Circle of Scorn rune not only heals me up, but blasts all nearby enemies with 505% Holy weapon damage. If I get in danger, I spam my bumpers to use a potion and the active Mantra ability, and then Dashing Strike away (with the Quicksilver rune, you can have up to 3 dashes, so getting away is usually pretty easy).

I use Tempest Rush sparingly, and in fact ... looking back now, I should have used Serenity (Peaceful Repose) for even more immunity to control-imparing effects and healing -- because the only close calls with death were due to these.

If you prefer that alternative, I'd definitely go in that direction, because you don't really NEED one of those secondary skills that burns Spirit ... it's better to save your Spirit for Seven-Sided strikes and the active Mantra abilities.

I also had the Templar following me around with Heal, Loyalty, Onslaught, and Guardian as his skills, so I get even MORE healing. Despite all this, you have no idea how many times yesterday that the "Near Death Experience" passive skill saved my life.

I have to get the Templar every time I reload the game. Really annoying. How did you get him to follow you around even after a reload?

I have to get the Templar every time I reload the game. Really annoying. How did you get him to follow you around even after a reload?

He should automatically do this ... I'd try the following steps just to see if I could sort of "reset him".

1. Push the BACK button (what used to be called the BACK button and is now something else I can never remember), go to your follower section and DISMISS him.

2. Quit and let the game autosave.

3. Re-enter the game and choose the Sorceress to follow you.

4. Quit and let the game autosave.

5. Re-enter the game and choose the Templar to follow you.

6. Quit, autosave, re-enter ... is he still following you?

He should automatically do this ... I'd try the following steps just to see if I could sort of "reset him".

1. Push the BACK button (what used to be called the BACK button and is now something else I can never remember), go to your follower section and DISMISS him.

2. Quit and let the game autosave.

3. Re-enter the game and choose the Sorceress to follow you.

4. Quit and let the game autosave.

5. Re-enter the game and choose the Templar to follow you.

6. Quit, autosave, re-enter ... is he still following you?

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!