AOEO going true freemium

So what do you guys think about AOEO going true freemium this summer? Evrything will be bought with empire points that you can either earn ingame or buy for real money.So if you play enough you dont have to spend any money at all.

I thought this you'd be posting about the new Alliance Wars, not the older news :p

Overall, good move. I already have the season pass so it doesn't matter what they do it won't affect me (Or as it has done recently, made my season pass worth much more than it was). It will also cause the players who think spening the same amount of money they probably waste a day on junk on a premium account is a waste of money hang around to earn it. More players, generally speaking, is better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw this game now because of the DLC sale on steam and I'm somewhat interested in it. I just want to understand something first.

As this topic states, we can now get everything in the game without paying, just by playing it.

So... How hard and how long is it to get enough points to purchase all the premium packs? Is it worth playing this way?

I bought a Premium Civilization back in the day....So when the went "Freemium" they gave me 500 Empire Points to start of with (I have played off and on and have garnered another 100).

It costs 900 Empire Points to get another one (premium civ). I am not 100% if they start you off with any Empire Points if you just started off 100% free.

From what I have heard/seen from in game chat, grinding the points would take you about a month. I cannot account for how many hours, or what.

If you like the old versions of this game, I say go for it. You can still earn cheevos with the free stuff, and it is a fun game.

I bought a Premium Civilization back in the day....So when the went "Freemium" they gave me 500 Empire Points to start of with (I have played off and on and have garnered another 100).

It costs 900 Empire Points to get another one (premium civ). I am not 100% if they start you off with any Empire Points if you just started off 100% free.

From what I have heard/seen from in game chat, grinding the points would take you about a month. I cannot account for how many hours, or what.

If you like the old versions of this game, I say go for it. You can still earn cheevos with the free stuff, and it is a fun game.

Thanks for the answer!

You start with 100 points by creating a new account now. From what I've been searching you can get about 15-20 points a day after you get to level 40 with the Alliance Wars or something like that. It seems like a Facebook game, log in daily, do some quests and you will keep getting points (someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I'm thinking about the point mechanics after a Google search).

It's seems more about patience to play a little day by day for a long time than a big grind to finish the game fast.

Now, is it a month to get 900 points to buy a Premium Civilization or one month to get all Premium Civilizations?

Edited by Siegfried

Thanks for the answer!

You start with 100 points by creating a new account now. From what I've been searching you can get about 15-20 points a day after you get to level 40 with the Alliance Wars or something like that. It seems like a Facebook game, log in daily, do some quests and you will keep getting points (someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I'm thinking about the point mechanics after a Google search).

It's seems more about patience to play a little day by day for a long time than a big grind to finish the game fast.

Now, is it a month to get 900 points to buy a Premium Civilization or one month to get all Premium Civilizations?

It is possible to get roughly 1,5k points per month(Without Ep boost depending on your alliance).

You can get up to 18 empire points per day(540 every month)

You can get up to 128 Empire points on weekly challenges(~500 points per month)

You can get up to 540 empire points on monthly challenges(540 points)

To get the most Empire points you'll have to get at least 80-100 alliance points per day. This takes ~1 hour doing Alliance quests. Another method is Skirmish(450 empire Points for that Booster Pack) afk boosting Unstoppable Ally vs Fierce Enemies(115 Alliance Points in 45min but the drops suck)

To get all the packs you'll need 900x4 civ+450x2 booster packs. A total of 4500 empire Points atm.

They will however add another civ+ booster pack next month.

It is possible to get roughly 1,5k points per month(Without Ep boost depending on your alliance).

You can get up to 18 empire points per day(540 every month)

You can get up to 128 Empire points on weekly challenges(~500 points per month)

You can get up to 540 empire points on monthly challenges(540 points)

To get the most Empire points you'll have to get at least 80-100 alliance points per day. This takes ~1 hour doing Alliance quests. Another method is Skirmish(450 empire Points for that Booster Pack) afk boosting Unstoppable Ally vs Fierce Enemies(115 Alliance Points in 45min but the drops suck)

To get all the packs you'll need 900x4 civ+450x2 booster packs. A total of 4500 empire Points atm.

They will however add another civ+ booster pack next month.

Thanks for the answer! Exactly what I was looking for. I'll keep an eye in this game and when I have a bit of free time start it. I used to love the old Age of Empires games. :)

There are other ways to get those premium packs for free. :p

You could also try your luck on "Free Code Friday" on the Official AOE blog

http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/en/blog

or you can keep an eye on the AOE forums

http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums/thread/237789.aspx

I was lucky enough to get a free premium civilization.

http://i.imgur.com/jDqxZ.jpg

I got this through my AOE inbox b/c i made a post on the forum above

Don't bother trying out the code from the image. I already used it. :p

Edited by RayJay90