Game Is Awesome (so I think anyway)

tazmad

Just got a chance to play this and I think it is awesome, I love the controls on how easy it is to pick up and play. Unlike skate where the controls are hard to get use to and master.

This actually reminds me of how tony hawks use to be back in the day when it was good, but with next-gen graphics.

What do you guys think.

Im am on the edge for this game. I like it. but the controls are getting annoying. to many variants to do.

But other then that I love it.

Im a realistic skater in SKATE so I was surrprised when I enjoyed this game.

Also if anyone has this game msg me so we can play online.

• 2 weeks later...

yea this game is actually so good after you beat the story. the controls like everyone said are a bit iffy but you get them near the end and thats when its actually not frustrating anymore aha. id do any of the online ones if someone can msg me a 42 hour gold, id do them all tonight or tommorow cuz im off.

GT:Diablo Jer

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote this on my blog, it's safe to say my first impressions are not good.....

"

http://www.trueachievements.com/images/icons/editpage.png I've played Shaun White Snowboarding and I thought it was pretty good. It had its problems but nevertheless it was an enjoyble experience I recommend all to have. Surely they could replicate this for skateboarding and be a success. No, just no.

Firstly you need to be aware that there's 2 skateboarding genres, realistic and arcade. Tony Hawk has always dominated with the arcade style but Black Box have came and destroyed that franchise with realism, creating the most authentic skateboarding game to date. For Shaun White to have stood a chance at being successfull he'd have needed to ensure his game went on the arcadey side of things so that people such as tractakid who are unable to master Skates controls could play the game no problem.

But no, Shaun White Skateboarding has it's own retarded variation of the excellent flick it control scheme which is used in the skate franchise. I haven't played the game too much yet but if you get told to do a Kickflip to Tailslide or something then you're going to have just as much trouble in this game as you would if you are incapable of doing it consistent on a Skate game. To piss me off even more they've decided to lock the majority of the tricks from the get go meaning I've been forced to use just basics such as Kickflips and 50-50's, not fun..... But it gets worse! I finally unlocked the 360 Flip trick and to my horror they have completely ruined the animation of it. The 360 Flip is one of the most awesome looking tricks in skateboarding so it's essential it looks just as sexy in the game. What we're given is a retarded version of it, I can't quite put my finger on the reason why but it kind of looks as if the skater underflips it before hand, eurgh.

The game can't even get it's FS and BS's right. If you approach the rail and it is infront of your feet as you Ollie then the trick you are about to do is Frontside, even if you turn your body to looking backwards (which one may assume meant the trick was Backside). It's that simple yet the game seems to muddle it up or just not even register a FS or BS at times. I was messing around with a few BS Bluntslides and I get "FS Tailslide" register, what the hell! There could have been a win in the game as when you flip trick above coping on vert your skater flips the board in to your hands so you catch it and then place it under your feet. This is how Shaun White and other vert skaters do fliptricks in to grabs in real life yet the Tony Hawk and Skate franchise have failedto incorporate the ability to do that in the game, instead you catch the board with your feet and then grab it. Thing is Shaun White fails as it FORCES you to do it like that. Lets say I want to do a little Kickflip to Fakie on a 4 foot ramp, guess what happens? I can't because my skater automatically tries to grab it even though there's clearly not enough time to do so.

And I'm still not done moaning. There's no way of powersliding to reduce speed or help turn round a corner quick, you can't jump whilst off your board (makes traversing terrain a bitch at times) and I've already encountered a few glitches such as bobbing up and down on the floor. Did I forget to mention there's a marker feature? It's nice but you need to wait 5 seconds for it to re-load you, that would be fine but skate does it instantly.....

You may think I'm being harsh on the game but you need to understand these small things do matter and are important. How would you feel if you placed a racer such as Forza and your small crappy Mini started roaring like a McLaren does. You'd be shocked right? That's how I feel with Shaun White Skateboarding, where's the polish to remove all the stupidness. I can probably find myself getting some fun out of the game once I've unlocked all the tricks, time will tell. It seems like a mediocre game, there's just one big problem.... Skate is so much better. :)"

• 2 months later...

ignore all the cynical bs from reviewers about this game. it reminded me of the greatest skate game of all time thps 3 on ps2 basic but so much fun. you can pick it up for about a fiver already so just buy it and enjoy your time with it. oh and your easy gamerscore-(975 in just over 10 hrs for me. just gotta find the last few grind rails etc)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's by no stretch of the imagination a great game, but its fun. You can grab some great air, you have to think out your runs and make combos you can't in other skating games. And to the guy who's bitchin about no powerslide, you just press "RT". Get your facts right before you whine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...