Worth $40

Very much worth $40 IMHO, a few balancing and server issues aside, the game is really good. It's focus on teamwork is great and the way it was designed seems to bring out the coordination between players even in a lobby full of randoms, which you almost never see.

The graphics and art design are a breath of fresh air from all the gray and brown shooters of the last generation and most importantly the game is just pure FUN, with plenty of content to keep you invested. The only real downside is there are few maps, while all good, def gets repetitive, but DLC will fix that I'm sure.

The game really reminds me of Conker: Live & Reloaded, so if you ever played and enjoyed that, def try this out.

Amazing game. A little unbalanced in Team Vanquish mode (deathmatch) but extremely well put together for the Gardens & Graveyards mode. PopCap has also said they will continue releasing content for free for the game with the first DLC drop coming in a couple weeks already.

Toys R Us and Target are running deals this week through Saturday:

TRU - $10 Gift Card with purchase

Target - $10 Gift Card with purchase of game and Party Size Cheetos.

The Target deal seems worse, but if you pre-ordered the game, you also got a $5 gift card on top of the $10. Plus 5% with RED Card.

Unfortuneately, TARGET SOLD MY PRE-ORDER, and are now sold out on X1. I mean, what's the point in pre-ordering a game if they don't hold it for me? I have another on hold at a different store now but the debacle has me thinking twice if I really need this game that bad.

Toys R Us and Target are running deals this week through Saturday:

TRU - $10 Gift Card with purchase

Target - $10 Gift Card with purchase of game and Party Size Cheetos.

The Target deal seems worse, but if you pre-ordered the game, you also got a $5 gift card on top of the $10. Plus 5% with RED Card.

Unfortuneately, TARGET SOLD MY PRE-ORDER, and are now sold out on X1. I mean, what's the point in pre-ordering a game if they don't hold it for me? I have another on hold at a different store now but the debacle has me thinking twice if I really need this game that bad.

litepink, sorry to ask you this on here but your private message box is full so I can't send you a message.

I'm curious where you got your gamercard from? I've looked all over the internet for a site that would create a good gamercard that would actually display my Xbox One data. All of them that I find only display my 360 games, etc. Could you help a desperate gamer out?

Thanks,

ATD

I saw that too. But unfortunately I can't find out how to make a gamercard from that site. I've also tried typing in http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards but that doesn't work either. It tells me I don't have access or something dumb.

http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercard.aspx

now get back on topic :p

I think I'm gonna pick this up today. Seems like good fun.

I thought Microsoft was going to make the digital version of games cheaper

I don't remember ever hearing them say that. Do you have a link or something that can show us where you heard that so we can figure out if it's a credible source or not?

It would be awesome if it were true but I would suspect that it would hurt disc sales so I personally don't think they'd do it. But who knows...

I don't remember ever hearing them say that. Do you have a link or something that can show us where you heard that so we can figure out if it's a credible source or not?

It would be awesome if it were true but I would suspect that it would hurt disc sales so I personally don't think they'd do it. But who knows...

OK, maybe I didn't read all the way through.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/17/cheaper-xbox-one-digital-prices-tested-by-microsoft

Anyways...shipping, stocking, and labor account for a portion of the cost of a physical game. They could eliminate this by going mostly digital. I also think this would lead to more sales and profit for game developers because digital games cannot be resold; forcing gamers to purchase a new copy. Somewhat a win/win for both sides.

OK, maybe I didn't read all the way through.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/17/cheaper-xbox-one-digital-prices-tested-by-microsoft

Anyways...shipping, stocking, and labor account for a portion of the cost of a physical game. They could eliminate this by going mostly digital. I also think this would lead to more sales and profit for game developers because digital games cannot be resold; forcing gamers to purchase a new copy. Somewhat a win/win for both sides.

That's essentially the route they were going and most people took to the streets and threw a stink.

To answer if it's worth it, absolutely.

This game is really fantastic. Most underrated game of 2014 winner already. Seriously, pick this game up, it's a blast. The gameplay feels great, it's decently balanced, there are great unlocks and character customization, and the game is colourful, creative and full of humour. It's a good time all around.

Also, here's my sexy voice explaining why you should pick it up if I didn't already convince you already.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Qp9NhhRhY]PvZ Garden Warfare IS SO FUN! - YouTube[/ame]