Achievement Guide & RoadMap

THE DEADLY DOG

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab351/Killer_BEA/deadlydogwolfguide_zps7fea6b93.png

Thanks to KillerBEA for the super banner.

Hello and welcome to The Wolf Among Us--TDD style. I'm pleased to be bringing back a walkthrough for TellTales new experience, and have to say this one is definitely on par with TWD storytelling.

Just a couple quick notes before we delve into the G&RM.

• Please do not be discouraged from trying your hand at a G&RM. Just because I'm doing my version does not mean you are not allowed to/should not. Have at it, enjoy yourself, and most of all have fun.
  • Please do not comment that this is not a G&RM or that there is no need for a G&RM for this game. I'll spam your inbox with testimonials from people who have been helped/enjoyed my guides for TWD so the same ol' song and dance is not necessary.

And an important note I wanted to emphasize: I'm always looking for a better way to do my G&RMs and this specific type of storytelling game is bordering that. If there is an element I should be adding to the guide, or something you think I should change, even something as minor as how I label my questions or how I use bold versus italics, please let me know.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r485/TheBeauxty/600ROADMAPSMALLVERSION_zps7a604323.png

Thanks to MissJaded for the awesome banner.

DLC: Episode 1: Faith

Cost: $4.99 Achievements: 7 Points: 100

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficult: 2/10

-Offline: 7/7 (100/100:gsicon:)

-Online: 0/7 (0/100:gsicon:)

-Approximate amount of time to 100/100:gsicon:: 2-3 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Replay of the final chapter in which you miss a storybook entry will be necessary).

-Number of missable achievements: "Novice Librarian"

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No Difficulty

-Glitchy achievements: None

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed?: $4.99 for Episode 1: Faith. $14.99 for the Season Pass which includes Episodes 2-5.

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to the G&RM for The Wolf Among Us, a Telltale Games production. If you are thinking to yourself that name sounds familiar it's because they are the creators of the famed The Walking Dead series that wreaked havoc all over our hearts, or wallets, and Xbox Arcade. Well this time around they've taken a stab at the FABLES market and strike gold yet again, also bringing back the 'movie reflex' feeling game.

"In our modern day New-York, creatures of legend and fantasy have found refuge in their own little community, called Fabletown. Bigby, the Big Bad Wolf from Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood, is very real, and kicking. Sheriff of Fabletown, he helps solve crimes thanks to his extraordinary Wolverine-like senses, and his cunning and intellect. If you don't already follow Bill Willingham's acclaimed comic-book series, you'll discover a world of intrigue populated by imaginary characters such as Prince Charming, Gepetto or Sleeping Beauty, but faced with very real problems, starting with extinction, and murder."

Huge thanks going out to Asturgis for the FABLES introduction.

It feels like you are entwined in the plot of a delicate movie of which you control, but at the same time you are the master of your own ship, and even more so in this new installment of Telltale. If you haven't played TWD before it'll take you a few moments to get used to the controls and the general feel of the game, but after that you'll soar. Be prepared to make actions that WILL effect decisions later on in the chapter/episode. With the use of the RoadMap and the Achievement Guide you should be able to carefully plan out your course of action, deciding if you truly want to be a BIG BAD WOLF, or if you are just another Fable attempting to make a life for himself. Either way we'll work together for this 100:gsicon:.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

As with The Walking Dead walkthrough, this section will be mostly empty. You will find important notes/tips below and I do suggest perusing them at your own leisure before delving deep into the guide section. While 6 of the 7 achievements are story-related and cannot be missed, number 7 ("Novice Librarian") is a missable achievement that requires you to do at least do one more partial rewind, although this is discussed in the specific achievement guide.

Also know that the achievement guide will contain a step-by-step guide of questions, decisions, and answers. Reading ahead may spoil the story for you so proceed with caution.

Important Note:

As you begin to progress farther into the game and make your own unique choices please note that the guide you see reflections the basic choices I made. While I try to express all options, I may leave something out unintentionally.

Tips when Reading The Guides:

• While I try to demonstrate the most important questions, I do not answer every question. I tried that with the 400 Days DLC in TWD and it took up a lot of time, and some of my most reliable guide readers said it was borderline unnecessary.
  • Questions that influence character development, major plot, the chapter(s), the episode(s) or the season as a whole will be in the guide and expanded upon.
  • Non-altering response means that no matter your response it will not alter the outcome of the game as a whole, although it can change that particular dialog.
  • Because of the expansion of choice in this game I may not get some of the action sequences down to your exact parameters. What does this mean? It means although I may play through a specific sequence 3+ times I may not get that one instance where I was not able to make a particular move meaning the rest of the sequence was altered. I do try my best to give as many explanations as possible.

Conclusion:

And so Episode 1 is in the books, and with it the beginning of an amazing game. Telltale, in my humble opinion, has taken a huge step forward with this latest game, and has made the mark that much higher for their next games. Whether you came into The Wolf Among Us with no knowledge of FABLES, or you came in as an avid FABLES follower this game will captivate you from start to finish--it's that good. Even though there are only 100:gsicon: to unlock in this first installment, the delicious goodness will have us all coming back for more. From the easy completion to the truly refreshing story, we can do nothing but sit on our hands and await the next drop. Until then ladies, gents, and hidden creatures.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/1.jpg Welcome to Fabletown 10:gsicon:

Completed Chapter 1 of Episode 1.

We begin the game with a short introduction that brings us into the world of FABLES. We find out that our cast of characters and story will take place in New York City where the people of Fabletown now live. As Sheriff Bigby Wolf we must protect the creatures of Fable from harming each other. Let's begin!

Unlock a book of Fables at the beginning of the game. This one is for Bigby Wolf.

Unlock a book of Fables at the beginning of the game. This one is for Fabletown.

We start out with a little aerial view of New York City and commentary from one of the most hated professions in the world; meteorology. After a short taxi ride we arrive at a tenement building sometime after midnight to a report of a disturbance. Right off the bat we meet Mr. Toad, who is on the defensive attempting to explain why he is not under glamour.

Unlock a book of Fables during your conversation with Mr. Toad. This one is for The Farm.

Unlock a book of Fables during your conversation. This one is for glamour.

Just cut me a break, yeah? I'll get me glamour first thing in the morning. Cross my heart. - Mr. Toad

Each choice defines your relationship with Toad as well as the next question.

1. Enough excuses, Toad. - This is the toughest approach.

2. I'm looking at a 3 foot toad. - This is a more comical approach.

3. No harm done. - This is the most lenient approach.

4. . . . - As they all say, silence is a valid option and moves the conversation along.

Unlock a book of Fables during your conversation with Mr. Toad. This one is for Mr. Toad.

The conversation then moves toward the prospect of Toad's finances and keeping his family in glamour.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to have an entire family in glamour? - Mr. Toad

While the responses vary, your opinion of Toad will be marked by this conversation.

1. I don't make the rules. - Toad will remember you were rough on his glamour breakage.

2. Get it fixed. - Toad will remember that you were unassuming of his problem.

3. Not my problem. - Toad will remember that you were emotionless when dealing with his problem.

4. . . . - Toad will be somewhat shocked by your silence although this may be the 'kindest' approach.

When Bigby finishes his lecture something will fall from outside that will spark Mr. Toad to want you to get moving. You'll have a non-altering question/response section that can, if you choose so, give you the opportunity to find out a little more on what you will be walking into, but beware that the sections move very quickly.

When you finally decide it's time to move upstairs doing so will present you with your first chance to take the game "hands-on."

Now I am going to go through each and every "hands-on" location and exhaust a majority of the options explaining why I do so during the process.

Looking at the floor to the right of the stairs will be a match book. Upon examining it Bigby will put it in his back pocket, and will actually come in handy for both information and application later in the episode. On the left hand side across from the Woodsman's door will be a phone off the hook (literally not figuratively) that you will have the opportunity to hang back up if you choose to do so. Going to the Woodsman's door will provide you with two options. Option one would be to knock and subtly enter the apartment while option two would be to blow in there like John 'Freakin' Rambo in true Big Bad Wolf Fashion. Both options will net the same result; confrontation time.

We'll have a quick moment to throw some non-altering dialog at the Woodsman and then will be head butted back and will need to make a quick, personality remark that will affect your relationship with Mr. Woody:

What are you gonna fuckin' do? Huh? - Woodsman

How you deal with Woodsman will reflect on how people see you, especially how Woody sees you later on.

1. [Threaten him] - You take the rough approach with the Woodsman who also takes a rough approach back.

2. This is your last warning. - You take the "Sheriff" approach with the Woodsman who definitely fires back.

3. You're drunk... - You try and take the softer approach with the Woodsman, but he won't have any of it.

4. . . . - Silence is not golden in this situation as the Woodsman will still be provoked.

COMBAT SCENE TIME!

A little disclaimer on the fight sequences. There are (from what I've encountered) numerous ways it can go about. I will only provide one way, and it may not even be the "perfect" way. I will let you know if a sequence can only be done with one specific pattern, or if like this first one, there are many ways to get to the end.

Whatever you say to the Woodsman will provoke an attack.

1. Quickly go up on the :ybut: to catch the Woodsman's first attack. You will then put him in an arm bar, but it won't last.
  2. Now we need to secure the hold with the :rtbut: which will put the beast under wraps for a few seconds.
  3. With him under control we now aim. I like to send him into the sofa first so aim and :rtbut: him into it. He's an unyielding beast and will come back from it and lift you into the air.
  4. A quick :rtbut: will move his head back, but we will need a quick :ltbut: to deliver a blow to his head.
  5. Now we will have him in another arm bar. Aiming for either the bed frame or the shelving and sending him along his way with a swift :rtbut:. I like the shelving personally.
  6. Woody will grab the lamp and will take a good ol' swing at you. If you are not quick enough with the DOWN :ls: he will snag you.
  7. After his swipe go for his leg with the :rtbut:, but be quick followed by another :rtbut: to his head.
  8. I like sending him into the vanity because of the ease of the combat sequence following that instead of the sink.
  9. When you get him to the vanity you can either go right for his head with the :rtbut: or can grab the bottle and do a nice :rtbut: bash.
  10. He'll then grab the toast and you will need to go DOWN :ls: to avoid getting pelted. Even if you do get hit though you'll have the chance directly after to charge him with :rtbut: and then send him into the bed frame across the room.
  11. Bigby will land his knee into the Woodsman's chest and you'll now be able to practice your boxing with the :ltbut: and :rtbut:. Alas it was short lived.
  12. Woodsman grabs his axe and begins to go after you with it.
  13. Quickly LEFT on the :ls: (failure to do so will result in your death).
  14. Now you will grab hold of the ax and will need to MASH :abut: followed by a random button which most of the time for me was :xbut:.
  15. Now a quick :rtbut: with the ax to his head will finish the heart pounding combat scene.

COMBAT SCENE OVER!

Bigby will advise the woman to probably leave although she won't leave until she gets what's hers. There is some very comical dialog from the Woodsman, Bigby, and woman crew. After some investigation non-altering dialog you will have to confront the Woodsman again and no matter your response you two will take the scenic route out of the room. When Bigby comes back around he finds out that he landed on Toad's car. No matter the path you take after some quick dialog with Toad, the Woodsman will wake up and drag Bigby off of the car.

When he pins you up against the display you'll need to get him with a quick :rtbut: followed by a LONG mashing of :abut:. We will be saved by the woman who axes the Woodsman. She will then drop down and start looking for her money in the pockets of the Woodsman. After some small non-altering dialog the woman will begin to kick in the ax to the Woodsman's head of which you can either let her continue to step into the Woodsman's head or stop her. Either way this is more of a personal decision for the player to make based on the type of character you want to make.

Unlock a book of Fables during/after the fight with the Woodsman. This one is for the Woodsman.

The woman will walk away and attempt to light a cigarette. This will present Bigby with a few options, none necessarily very game-changing, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Attempting to light her cigarette. - Woman

I listed this question because it not only allows us to make an interesting personal/physical move, but also allows us to use what we found in the environment before if we choose.

1. [Give her the matchbook] - This option will only be available if you picked up the matchbook.

2. Make a joke... - It's quite comical since Bigby smokes himself.

3. Light her cigarette. - Bigby will light the cigarette for

4. . . . - Bigby will stand by as the woman attempts to light the cigarette.

The woman will then bring up her ribbon and whether or not Bigby likes it:

Hey, you like my ribbon? - Woman

This will help either work on or hurt your relationship with the woman.

1. Beautiful. - She will remember your kindness.

2. Stop changing the subject. - She will remember your hard nature.

3. I'm trying to help you. - Non-altering response.

4. . . . - She will remember your silence in a pivotal moment.

After some small chat Bigby will notice that the Woodsman has up and left. He will make the motion to go and find him when the woman stops him. Some more conversation will lead to Bigby finding out how much money Woodsman owes her. This will spark a relatively interesting turn of events for this particular chapter.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

On the topic of how much money the Woodsman owes the woman. - Woman

Later on the fact that you DO NOT have money will play a role in a scene.

1. [give her some money] - You give the woman as much money as you have.

2. Wish I could help - You do not give the woman any money.

No matter the decision, Bigby will ask for a statement to which the woman responds that she'll just meet him at his apartment. After some more chatter the topic of Bigby looking like crap will spark a non-altering dialog segment. After some more interesting dialog, the woman will walk away and Bigby will light one up. Welcome to The Wolf Among Us. Load up and we'll see you for some more police work in chapter 2.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/2.jpg Wolf in Sheriff's Clothing 10:gsicon:

Completed Chapter 2 of Episode 1.

When we finally regain control, we'll be outside the Woodlands and will be able to look at the plaque before we enter. Once inside you can look down at the "stay off the grass" sign before entering the apartments for some more background info. Right before you actually get inside, Bigby will notice someone or something off. There is someone hiding behind the tree. Bigby will be presented with a non-altering dialog statement to prop the person out from cover.

We find out that it's Beauty hiding behind the tree who is running late for something. She will rush through the dialog and will leave us with this CRITICAL dialog segment:

Unlock a book of Fables during the conversation with Beauty. This one is for Beauty.

Please, Bigby... promise me you won't tell Beast you saw me. - Beauty

This represents a huge decision that not only plays on later in the chapter, but also in the game. You can do a 180 on whatever decision you made regarding Beauty in a few minutes when you meet Beast.

1. I promise. - Beauty thanks Bigby

2. I'm staying out of it. - You choose to neither lie nor refuse to lie for Beauty.

3. No, I can't do that. - You refuse to lie for Beauty. She isn't necessarily upset, but she is not happy with Bigby.

4. . . . - Similar to stating that you are staying out of it.

No matter what you choose to say to Beauty results in Bigby going inside the entrance of the apartment. There quite a bit to look at and embed yourself in. Start off by going over to the suit of armor. You can look at and touch it to get a better feel for the environment Bigby is in. You can also attempt to wake the sleeping guard who alas will not awake. Finally you can go over to the mailboxes and check out Bigby's awesome lack of mail. When you are ready head over to the elevator and check out the cool directory of apartments before you get up to your apartment. Right before the elevator closes Beast comes down asking about Beauty:

Have you seen my wife? Have you seen Beauty? - Beast

Now your answer to Beast not only defines your relationship with him in the future, but that of Beauty as well. This is anticipated to be a huge decision.

1. I did. - You tell the truth to Beast.

2. Staying out of this. - You neither deny nor confirm seeing Beauty. This is the "middle ground" if you want to avoid taking sides.

3. Haven't seen her. - You lie to Beast essentially protecting Beauty.

4. . . . - You neither deny nor confirm seeing Beauty. This is the "middle ground" if you want to avoid taking sides.

If you tell Beast YOU DID see Beauty it will prompt the following dialog:

What? When? Just now? - Beast

Again the opportunity to hinder or foster a relationship with either Beauty or Beast comes into play here.

1. She told me not to tell you. - You throw Beauty under the bus but tell Beast the truth. Decision holds heavy depending on what you told Beauty before. No matter what though Beast is happy with you.

2. Just a second ago. - You tell Beast the truth. Decision holds heavy depending on what you told Beauty before.

3. Yesterday. - You lie to Beast. Decision holds heavy depending on what you told Beauty before.

4. . . . - Essentially like avoiding his question, Beast will consider it a lie. Decision holds heavy depending on what you told Beauty before.

Unlock a book of Fables upon reaching the top floor. This one is for Beast.

We gain control again upon entering Bigby's apartment. You can look into the refrigerator for the lack of anything to eat and drink as well as look into the freezer to find out that Bigby really needs to do something about the ice problem. Following that you will proceed further into Bigby's apartment. Head to the desk with the light on to look into one of the files Bigby is working on; Bluebeard.

Unlock a book of Fables after reading the file. This one is for Bluebeard. THIS IS MISSABLE, although if you do miss it you will get it in conversation during chapter 3.

On the table you can take a look at some old Chinese food and get a kick out of Bigby's reaction. Then move to the other side of the apartment to find a large pig, Colin, sleeping on the chair. You can look at him and attempt to talk to him, but the only thing that'll wake him up is by poking him. You'll be presented with a non-altering dialog segment about the chair after which Colin will bed down by the TV. After giving Colin a smoke and finding out your alcohol is empty, Bigby will head into the kitchen to pour himself another drink and will begin to talk to Colin about his sneaking off The Farm. The conversation will lead to Bigby making a decision about Colin and sneaking off The Farm and not being in glamour.

Unlock a book of Fables during your conversation with the pig. This one is for Colin.

Don't send me back there, Bigby. - Colin

Depending on how you handle this interaction will help to shape your relationship with Colin positively or negatively.

1. Tell you what I told Toad... - Depending on how you handled Toad, you will handle Colin the same way. This can be very damning or somewhat hurtful depending on how you handled Toad.

2. I won't. - This is the friendly-to-Colin route.

3. Don't be dramatic. - This essentially is the middle route. Colin will remember that you are not completely sympathetic to his plight, but won't do much damage to your relationship either.

4. . . . - Colin takes your silence as a sign of agreement and is happy with Bigby.

Colin will then barrage Bigby on his previous actions and giving him a glass of the good stuff.

It would also have shown everyone how different you are now. - Colin

Another opportunity to again work on your relationship.

1. I just want some rest. - Colin pokes fun at Bigby's response.

2. Take a sip. - Essentially the negative route to take against Colin and actually really piss him off to quite a high level for any character in this story.

Either way this will lead to Colin making a comment about everyone hating on Bigby, which will spark some non-altering dialog. After a bit of chatting you'll get up to Colin's question about your fight.

Who'd you get in a fight with? A Fable, right? I'm sure you're not going around punching Mundy's. - Colin

Your answer to this question will weight on Colin's outlook of Bigby.

1. Don't need advice. - This will also be an insult against Colin.

2. My job. - This ultimately leads to an insult against Colin even though it may appear to be the best route to take.

3. Not my fault. - Colin is unimpressed with your answer to the fight.

4. . . . - Silence may be the best option if you want to get out of this with the best possible view by Colin.

After some more dialog Colin will challenge Bigby to name one person he wasn't a complete ass to. Although it's a non-altering segment, it is interesting in the development of Bigby and Colin's characters. There will be conversation on friendship and what Colin believes Bigby should do to make his life a bit easier when Snow comes up.

Unlock a book of Fables during the conversation with Colin. This one is for Snow.

It'll come up that Bigby is tired which will prompt Colin attempting to take another stab at earning a drink. You can do the following:

Colin wants a drink. - Colin

This will again shape your relationship. May actually be one of the most powerful shapers.

1. (Give Colin a Drink) - You give Colin a drink and strengthen the relationship.

2. (Take Drink) - You deny Colin a drink and create more tension in the relationship.

Bigby will then fall asleep and will be awoken by knocking on the door. When he opens it up its Snow and she wants him to come with her immediately. Bigby will ask Snow what's going on through a non-altering dialog segment of which she will tell you to wait until you get outside. When you get to the elevator our mind starts racing as it could be just about anything we are walking into.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

When you finally get outside you need to remove the jacket off of the steps. BAM. It's the head of the woman from before.

There will be some non-altering investigation/answering dialog you can partake in. When it's over you'll need to conduct a proper investigation starting with her head. These parts can be done out of order, but they must be done to move on.

Unlock a book of Fables after removing the jacket off of the woman's head and hearing Snow's statement about Mundies. This one is for Mundies.

Examine her mouth as inside it there is a foreign object. A second look will have Bigby remove a cloth from her lips which will actually pull out her entire ribbon and a ring with a special symbol on it. We can then move onto the cut that severed her head. Bigby will conclude that it's either very sharp, or more likely, something magically attuned. And for her head and its exact placement. Bigby theorizes that this was a deliberate placement, for them to find. After Snow makes a few quick comments, you will want to choose the INVESTIGATE MORE option as it will provide a more complete picture of the murder and the story as a whole. If you choose to skip this section please re-join the guide after the investigation portion.

Investigation:

Now our investigation will go down one major step. Going to the entrance of the apartments will only for Bigby only to check the bushes to the left that will yield nothing new. To the right hand side of the screen down the path to the fence, and back toward the entrance to the apartments. If we head to the right hand side we will see a blood trail that needs examining. You should view it and then touch it to get the most out of the back story behind the murder. Before you get to the gate examine and then pick up the scrap of fabric. Although it doesn't appear to be much right now, it'll probably come into play when we are trying to find the murder later. Next on our investigation can be a quick look at the trash can which you should examine twice for an interesting tid-bit of information. Although it will yield nothing new, move onto the top of the fence both examining the blood and touching it.

If you picked up the fabric you can return to snow and press :bbut: to compare the fabric to snow's skirt. Although they do not match, it'll only make your detective experience all the more real. After you've finished up outside click on the door to go back inside which will prompt Snow asking if you are sure you are finished. After letting her know you are, you will engage in some dialog regarding this woman and the questions surrounding her.

If you exhaust all of the options of things to investigate, when you compare the fabric to Snow's skirt it will automatically bring you to the following dialog sequences without saying you want to go back inside.

Investigation Over

Bigby... Do you have any idea what's going on here? - Snow

You can either lead down a further path of correct commentary about the case or you can leave Snow worried and end it there.

1. I don't want to say yet. - You leave Snow feeling unsure.

2. Someone brought her here... - Snow agrees but will ask how Bigby knows. [FOLLOW UP]

3. This is a message. - Snow tends to agree but will want to know what Bigby makes of the message. [FOLLOW UP]

4. . . . - You leave Snow feeling unsure.

If you choose Someone brought her here... you will get the following dialog. In this question, if you did more investigation you can show that someone brought her over the fence by the blood trail, the blood on the fence, and the fabric.

That makes sense. There's no signs of a struggle. But how do you know? - Snow

One of two possible paths in which you can prove to Snow that you have a grasp on the case.

1. Trust me. - You leave Snow unsure.

2. Blood trail. - Because of your investigation, Snow will believe your opinion is correct.

3. Blood on fence. - Because of your investigation Snow will believe your opinion is correct.

4. . . . - Ultimately you had snow believing you until you went silent. She is now unsure.

If you choose This is a message. you will now do a follow-up question:

A message? I don't know, Bigby, I get complaints at the Office all the time, but... - Snow

This will play into whether or not Bigby actually knows what he's talking about and whether Snow agrees or disagrees.

1. The placement of the head. - Snow agrees with your theory on the message idea.

2. The victim herself. - Non-altering response.

3. The Woodsman's threat. - Snow agrees that your theory is possible.

4. . . . - Non-altering response.

This ultimately leads to Snow informing you that she is going to have to tell acting Mayor Crane about the murder.

I'm going to have to tell Crane about this. As long as King Cole is gone, he's acting Mayor... he needs to know. - Snow

Depending on how you answer will tell your relationship and your feelings toward/about Snow's decisions.

1. Do what you need to. - You support Snow in her decision making it easier on her.

2. Just wait a little... - You ask Snow to wait on telling Crane.

3. Don't tell him. - You ask Snow not to say anything which goes against her gut and her feelings on the situation.

4. . . . - You leave Snow second guessing herself on whether or not it is the right thing to do.

No matter what you tell Snow, she will go inside and Bigby will take one last moment before he follows suit. We wrap this up on the path to the business office, certainly with an unsure future. It's been a rough chapter for us, take a breather and prepare to dig to the bottom of it in chapter 3. See ya'll then.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/3.jpg The Long Goodbye 10:gsicon:

Completed Chapter 3 of Episode 1.

We get thrown right into the mix of things upon trying to enter the business office. A gentlemen steps out from the line to challenge us on moving right by him.

What? You don't see there's a line? You get to just walk in? - Man

The one 'good' decision also represents the one that gets no changing result. I you play the other answers they will come to fruition with this man in the last chapter.

1. I don't have time for this. - He will remember your uncaring response to him.

2. I work here. - Non-altering response, may actually be the best response.

3. I'm cutting the line. - He will remember that you made a joke about putting him behind you.

4. . . . - The man takes note of your silence and will remember it.

Bigby then goes inside and we catch the back end of a conversation going on. We come to see that Snow is being barraged by Crane leaving us with the opportunity to nudge in.

Don't change the subject! You are to blame for this unpleasantness, Miss Snow! - Crane

Your answer depends on the type of relationship you want to have with Snow, as well as how Crane should come to see you as the sheriff.

1. Back off! - Very bluntly take Snow's side, and depending on how you handled her before, this will run either contrary to how you felt you should handle the situation or in agreement with your previous idea.

2. No one to blame. - Crane does not appreciate being told he should not do something. He does not see eye-to-eye with Bigby.

3. [stay out of it] - You leave Snow to take the full blame for the death of that woman.

4. It's my fault. - You take the blame from Snow.

This will lead to a little rant by Crane, followed by a very pivotal question.

Anything? Anything at all? [Regarding the case] - Crane

How you answer here will hold some value between both Crane and Snow.

1. Her pimp. - You come out and name the girl's pimp as your prime suspect.

2. Could be Bluebeard. - Crane essentially laughs this theory off.

3. The Woodsman - You name the Woodsman as your suspect, and Crane seems to buy it.

4. . . . - If you remain silent Snow will give her own theory, a theory that involves Bluebeard.

Unlock a book of Fables during the conversation about a suspect IF AND ONLY IF you suggest it is Bluebeard or if you remain silent thus deferring to Snow's theory which is Bluebeard. This one is for Bluebeard.

After some more interesting background, Crane will do a classic 'out-the-door' taunt to which you can respond however you choose because Snow will cut you off. The dialog following it will also reflect on whether or not you told Snow to wait, not to tell Crane, or to tell him.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Unlock a book of Fables during the conversation with Snow. This one is for Ichabod Crane.

After a bit more non-altering dialog we get to meet Bufkin. Your initial dialog with Bufkin will hold some value though:

How are you today, Mr. Bigby? - Bufkin

This will just contribute to Bufkin's feelings toward Bigby.

1. Fuck off. - Bufkin will be saddened by your rude response.

2. I'm fine. -Bufkin will remember that you told him you were fine.

3. I'm not great. - Bufkin will express his sorrow for your tough morning.

4. . . . - Bufkin will apologize for presumably asking Bigby how he is.

Snow will then send Bufkin away to grab the first three books on the Fables.

Unlock a book of Fables when Snow sends Bufkin to go get the first three books. This one is for Bufkin.

Snow will tell you she has to get the appointment squared away, so we will need to consult the Mirror, and explore the office for clues and details. We'll go through what there is to do like a laundry list:

Magic Lamp-

We can go check out the magic lamp for some interesting insight into the Fable community. Examine it once for a little history on lamps and touch it for a little roll of the ol' die for luck.

Tarot Deck-

On Crane's desk sits a set of tarot cards. You can examine them for some interesting story on how they got there. After that start picking them up one by one. The first will be strength, the second Bigby will shake off, and the third Bigby will be freaked out by and hold onto.

Magic Mirror-

Examining the magic mirror will utilize it as any other mirror. After that we talk to it to find out more about specific fables.

--Snow will be met with a snarky response by the Mirror after showing her and having Bigby gleefully smile.

--Bufkin will be drinking and Bigby will scold him.

--Woodsman will be stumbling down a street and if you view it a second time, we'll see him hunched over what looks like puking.

--I don't know her name is the final option, but the Mirror tells Bigby that he cannot help until he knows their name.

After you go through all of the options with the Mirror, Bufkin will fly back with the books and Snow will be done with her phone call. Head over to the table they are at to proceed. It does not matter which order you examine the books as they will both lead to the same conclusion. We will begin with the Book of Symbols.

First up we can check out the Book of Symbols. There is plenty of interesting story-tie-ins here so feel free to peruse it at your leisure. On the first two pages, the left one will have a symbol Bufkin will translate for you about Toad Kingdom. Going with the :lbbut: we can view a trinity looking symbol on the left page that we find out is a druid symbol on the Woodsman's axe--a magical blessing. On the right page we see a little four legged creature that Bufkin tells us is an elfish word for making animals shit gold. Continuing one last time with the :lbbut: we will get to a symbol on the right of the two pages. It will be the mark of the house of the frog prince.

When we go to the first page past the original one (using :rbbut:) on the left page will be a ring symbol. Bufkin will be stumped, and will look it up in the Fables book. We find out that this Fable is named Donkeyskin or as she goes by it Faith. Bufkin will read her story and will then mark the book.

Bigby will then inform Snow what they need to do next--visit her husband.

If you want some more information about the different Fables go back and examine them in the Book of Fables. There is a lot of interesting backstory here, I highly recommend you view it.

Time to head back to the mirror. You can show him the tarot card if you took it, after which he will rag on the art of reading cards. Next up would be finding out about a few Fables.

Faith-

The Mirror will tell you that "These lips are sealed." This is the second time we've heard this.

Faith's Father-

The Mirror will show us an old bony arm denoting that the father is dead.

Prince Lawrence-

Finding out about Prince Lawrence will show a grisly site. Snow comes in and provides some background information about where Prince Lawrence lives.

After you are satisfied you two will begin to leave when Toad calls. Following the non-altering dialog you'll have to make a decision on whom to go see first. This has rather large consequences for the rest of the episode, and presumably for the rest of the season as well. After opening the door for Snow you two will have some more conversation walking outside. We've learned a lot of information in a very short period of time. Let's ponder it and prepare to make a huge decision. We'll see you in Chapter 4.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/4.jpg The Frog or the Prince? 10:gsicon:

Completed Chapter 4 of Episode 1.

As soon as we make it to the gate we are forced into a huge decision. Ultimately deciding where to go will affected the immediate future (the rest of the episode), and most likely the rest of the season as well.

Choose who to go see first. - Snow

As far as the rest of the episode goes this decision will be critical.

1. Toad's apartment

2. Prince Lawrence's apartment

The entirety of the chapter is spent making this decision, so take your time and think about all of the evidence discovered up to this point. We'll begin with going to see Mr. Toad first and then going to Prince Lawrence's. Following that we will do a reversal and do Prince Lawrence followed by Mr. Toad's.

Quick explanation for those wondering. If you visit Toad's first Lawrence dies. If you visit Lawrence's first he may or may not be dead.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/5.jpg Panic in the Parlours 10:gsicon:

Completed Chapter 5 of Episode 1.

Without dilly dallying let's get right into it. Welcome back to chapter 5.

Mr. Toad's Apartment First

When we come back to, Bigby and Snow are walking down the street during the middle of what appears to be Bigby telling Snow about his previous encounter at Mr. Toad's building. When they get across the street Snow will point out that someone is up inside the apartment. You will have a non-altering dialog section here after which Bigby will run upstairs to find the man missing.

After some more chatter we'll have the time to search the Woodsman's apartment. We can start by examining the couch to which Bigby will claim he doesn't remember half of what went on. Moving on that side of the room you can look desk in the corner and a funny little comment about Colin not making as much of a mess as the Woodsman.

On the other side of the room adjacent to the window will be the book shelves to examine, the lamp stand laying on the ground, and the big hole in the wall. After that head over to the door to go downstairs and see what all the commotion was about.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Upon getting downstairs you'll hear some more yelling from Toad's apartment with Snow standing right outside. When you get to the door Snow will ask Bigby to be nice. You can either go in unannounced or can attempt to get Toad to come to the door. Either way when you enter the scene it is a bit chaotic and Toad is acting extremely strange. There will be some initial dialog of which is non-altering leading up to you telling Toad you are going to leave when you are ready no matter how you phrase it.

A note for the following investigation:

• You can simply talk to Toad and take the negative approach with him to get what you want to know. Just note that you will not only scar TJ (Toad's son), but you will also leave a bad impression on Toad and Snow. I suggest following along in the investigation, and then if you choose to do so, rough Toad up.

When we get control there will be plenty to look around at and for. We should start with the door behind Bigby. Notice that the door has a broken lock. Toad will make an excuse for it, the first of many. Next take a look at the lamp on the ground. Notice how it is not only broken, but its relative location and lack of being on that table. We'll move down the little stairs and take a look at the blood stain on the wall next. Toad will make up another story, but notice he is wearing a hat now. Interesting. Across the way from the blood stain on the wall notice the clean space on the desk where the lamp used to be.

This will lead to some interesting dialog in which you can catch Toad in a lie if you respond that the lamp went where the clean space was, and either there is no room in the outlet or the shape fits. This can be the first of a couple of lies you can catch Toad in. Heading away from Toad check the window at the end. You'll notice some claw marks on it and when you open it up can better examine the marks. Toad claims he forgot the keys, but with the lock broken there should be no need for keys. You can let Toad he wouldn't need keys because the lock is broken. This is lie #2.

Finally examine the firepoker on the ground that has blood on it. This is the third lie we can catch Toad in. He claimed before that the blood on the wall was from his hand, not his foot. After a whole bunch of non-altering dialog, after you have examined everything in the apartment you can come up to a decision.

Toad wants Bigby to leave him alone. - Toad

How you handle Toad has as much to do with your own personality as it does with the relationships you are forming in game.

1. Threaten Toad - This path can be dangerous to further relationships down the line.

2. Call out Toad's lies. - If you have canvassed the crime scene you will be able to call out each and every lie Toad has fed you.

From this point we'll find out that either Dee or Dum has broken into Toad's apartment tearing it up looking for something. TJ and Snow bring out a donkey skin suit and lay it down on the couch. We can now take an envelope out of its mouth. After taking it out we find that it is addressed to Prince Lawrence.

Do you want to try and give it to him, or . . . - Snow

The decision on what to do with the note has little consequence since we choose to come to Toad's first. Play this one how you would a regular decision.

1. Keep it. - Non-altering

2. [Open it] - If you open it, Bigby simply reads it. Shows the nature of Bigby.

3. It belongs to Lawrence. - You refuse to open the letter and plan on bringing it to Lawrence. Also shows the nature of Bigby.

4. . . . - Non-altering

Snow and Bigby talk a bit more and then we head to Prince Lawrence's. Right off the bat we must make a decision that will weight alter Snow's outlook on Bigby.

I don't want to stay here any longer than we have to, so let's just pick an approach, and stick to it okay? - Snow

Judging on how you answer this question will only bolster your relationship with Snow and show her you are making solid decisions, or hinder it by going down the wrong path.

1. Let's focus on what we saw in the mirror. - Snow trusts this decision and Bigby as a result of it.

2. It's not that simple. - If you've built a good rapport with Snow up to this point she will trust your decision. If not she will be offset by it.

3. We need to question Lawrence. - Snow doesn't agree with Bigby's view on Lawrence and how they should treat him.

4. . . . - You leave Snow to answer the questions and put her energy into something.

After that we'll gain control and take a quick peek through the window before we enter the apartment. It matters not what you do at the door as when you walk in the scene will be grisly.

First matter of business will be to examine Lawrence. When Bigby rolls him over he's still alive. No matter what you say Snow will hold Lawrence when he asks for water. We need to head into the kitchen now. Head to the sink and use it, you can check the note on the fridge for some more back story if you want as well. You'll get time for one question. No matter your question he will answer the same way and with that, is dead.

Unlock a book of Fables after entering the apartment. This one is for the Prince Lawrence.

Depending on whether or not you opened the note can come into play here. If you decided to keep it for Lawrence, Snow will now bring it back up at which point you can have her open it, make the decision, or tell her not to.

Should I open it? - Snow

This is another Snow-relationship builder decision.

1. It's your decision. - You give Snow the power to choose, of which she will open.

2. Yes. - You tell Snow what to do thus opening it.

3. No. - You tell Snow what to do, telling her not to open it.

4. . . . - You hold back making Snow come to a decision.

We will now need to examine the apartment. Start with Lawrence's body. All the way to the left by Snow will be a shell casing to look at. Next up examine the gun to find out it hasn't been fired recently. You'll then want to pick up the gun for fingerprints. On the nightstand will be pill bottles to examine. With that we can back out and examine the greater room.

Take a look at the knife by Lawrence and see the connection between the Mirror's detail and what's happened in the apartment. You can go to the back of the room and take a look at the picture of Faith and Lawrence, and more importantly the bullet hole next to it. Touch it to take out the bullet fragment from the wall. Next should be the blood on the rug. Examine it then touch it for more clues about why it’s strangely shaped. We can now examine the panel and actually pull it down showing the bed and a note Lawrence wrote to Faith about not meaning to hurt Faith.

You can now head over to Snow at the book case for a little more filler, but more importantly the closet.

QUICK TIME SEQUENCE

This sequence is very forgiving so feel free to make many mistakes and still get to almost the same conclusion.

1. The sequence begins with Bigby chasing after one of the Tweedles. You'll need to be quick and :rtbut: through the doorway.
  2. Quickly the next step is to go RIGHT on the :ls:.
  3. The next flight of stairs we will need to take a LEFT on the :ls: to dodge the object then DOWN on the :ls: to dodge the second. *Possible important spoiler, this guy with the orange hair has appeared in several instances at questionable locations and times.* Keep an eye on him.
  4. When we get to the couch we will need to mash :abut: to get under it.
  5. The left door is the correct one to choose if you want to follow him exactly, although choosing the right door will not make you fail. You'll get a notice saying you stayed on his trail or he almost gave you the slip. Ultimately not too important.
  6. If you get in there fast enough you will have a brief opportunity to grab him with the :ltbut:, although he will break free.
  7. We will then need to launch across the railings to the otherside. Use the :rtbut: to catch on, although Bigby falls.
  8. We then get to a division in the hallway and wait to hear where the man is going. We end up heading left and must use the :ls: to dodge the first door.
  9. We end the sequence by launching through the window at the end of the hallway by pressing :rtbut: and begin some interesting dialog.

QUICK TIME SEQUENCE OVER

Unlock a book of Fables after being sucker-punched by Dum. This one is for the Tweedles.

After some non-altering dialog that will piece together the story, Dum will sucker punch Bigby knocking him out cold. After a shot like that it'll be tough to recuperate, but we'll do it and finish strong in the final chapter. See you then.

Prince Lawrence's Apartment First

Snow and Bigby talk a bit more and then we head to Prince Lawrence's. Right off the bat we must make a decision that will weight alter Snow's outlook on Bigby.

I don't want to stay here any longer than we have to, so let's just pick an approach, and stick to it okay? - Snow

Judging on how you answer this question will only bolster your relationship with Snow and show her you are making solid decisions, or hinder it by going down the wrong path.

1. Let's focus on what we saw in the mirror. - Snow trusts this decision and Bigby as a result of it.

2. It's not that simple. - If you've built a good rapport with Snow up to this point she will trust your decision. If not she will be offset by it.

3. We need to question Lawrence. - Snow doesn't agree with Bigby's view on Lawrence and how they should treat him.

4. . . . - You leave Snow to answer the questions and put her energy into something.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

When you get to the door not only will nobody answer, but the door will be locked. We'll then need to head around to the side of the building. You can try to look in and to talk to Lawrence, but eventually you will need to climb in.

Unlock a book of Fables after entering the apartment. This one is for the Prince Lawrence.

When we gain control our first stop will be to examine Lawrence. We can start by examining his face and the strange look and then move to the bullet hole in his chest, the knife wound on his wrist, and the pill bottles on the night stand. After you examine the main core of Lawrence, move down to the floor. We can check out the gun, take it after we examine it for fingerprints, and then the casing.

You can go to the back of the room and take a look at the picture of Faith and Lawrence, and more importantly the bullet hole next to it. Touch it to take out the bullet fragment from the wall. Next should be the blood on the rug. Examine it then touch it for more clues about why it’s strangely shaped. We can now examine the panel and actually pull it down showing the bed and a note Lawrence wrote to Faith about not meaning to hurt Faith.

After you pull down the panel on the bed and read the note Snow will get in close and examine Lawrence. She will claim she should know his face and really take it hard, when all of a sudden he awakens. After some quick dialog, Bigby will want to ask Lawrence some questions. No matter what question you choose in the beginning is non-altering, although after a little more chatting you will come to the following important dialog role.

Lawrence is talking about Faith as though she is still alive. - Prince Lawrence

Although affecting Lawrence's life, as short as it is, this will play on the type of character Bigby is.

1. Your wife is dead. - You tell Prince Lawrence the truth about Faith.

2. [Lie] Someone heard a gunshot. - You lie to Lawrence and although he may not know it, Snow is rather disheartened. Depending on if Lawrence lives this may play a role.

3. [Half-Truth] Your wife is missing. - You tell Lawrence a half-truth to which Snow will be rather taken back. Depending on if Lawrence lives this may play a role.

4. . . . - Snow will fill in for the lack of a comment by Bigby.

No matter what you answer the conversation will drift further along and then will be interrupted by a knocking at the door. Lawrence isn't expecting anyone so this comes as a surprise. Both Snow and Bigby will go inside the closest and can sit there and watch what the intruder does. The longer you stay in the closet the more information you can collect on the event. When you pop out Bigby will give chase to the intruder.

QUICK TIME SEQUENCE

This sequence is very forgiving so feel free to make many mistakes and still get to almost the same conclusion.

1. The sequence begins with Bigby chasing after one of the Tweedles. You'll need to be quick and :rtbut: through the doorway.
  2. Quickly the next step is to go RIGHT on the :ls:.
  3. The next flight of stairs we will need to take a LEFT on the :ls: to dodge the object then DOWN on the :ls: to dodge the second. *Possible important spoiler, this guy with the orange hair has appeared in several instances at questionable locations and times.* Keep an eye on him.
  4. When we get to the couch we will need to mash :abut: to get under it.
  5. The left door is the correct one to choose if you want to follow him exactly, although choosing the right door will not make you fail. You'll get a notice saying you stayed on his trail or he almost gave you the slip. Ultimately not too important.
  6. If you get in there fast enough you will have a brief opportunity to grab him with the :ltbut:, although he will break free.
  7. We will then need to launch across the railings to the otherside. Use the :rtbut: to catch on, although Bigby falls.
  8. We then get to a division in the hallway and wait to hear where the man is going. We end up heading left and must use the :ls: to dodge the first door.
  9. We end the sequence by launching through the window at the end of the hallway by pressing :ltbut: and begin some interesting dialog.

QUICK TIME SEQUENCE OVER

Unlock a book of Fables after being sucker-punched by Dum. This one is for the Tweedles.

If you hit Dee during your talk he will remember your action. After some non-altering dialog that will piece together the story, Dum will sucker punch Bigby knocking him out cold. When Bigby wakes up, he and Snow will chat, and then will leave for Toad's apartment.

Once inside Toad's apartment building you will hear some sobbing and will need to head toward Toad's room. Enter however you would like, but once inside Toad is immediately on the defensive--something is going on. Snow will go in TJ's room to talk to him, which will give Bigby free range to check Toad's apartment.

A note for the following investigation:

• You can simply talk to Toad and take the negative approach with him to get what you want to know. Just note that you will not only scar TJ (Toad's son), but you will also leave a bad impression on Toad and Snow. I suggest following along in the investigation, and then if you choose to do so, rough Toad up.

When we get control there will be plenty to look around at and for. We should start with the door behind Bigby. Notice that the door has a broken lock. Toad will make an excuse for it, the first of many. Next take a look at the lamp on the ground. Notice how it is not only broken, but its relative location and lack of being on that table. We'll move down the little stairs and take a look at the blood stain on the wall next. Toad will make up another story, but notice he is wearing a hat now. Interesting. Across the way from the blood stain on the wall notice the clean space on the desk where the lamp used to be.

This will lead to some interesting dialog in which you can catch Toad in a lie if you respond that the lamp went where the clean space was, and either there is no room in the outlet or the shape fits. This can be the first of a couple of lies you can catch Toad in. Heading away from Toad check the window at the end. You'll notice some claw marks on it and when you open it up can better examine the marks. Toad claims he forgot the keys, but with the lock broken there should be no need for keys. You can let Toad he wouldn't need keys because the lock is broken. This is lie #2.

Finally examine the firepoker on the ground that has blood on it. This is the third lie we can catch Toad in. He claimed before that the blood on the wall was from his hand, not his foot. After a whole bunch of non-altering dialog, after you have examined everything in the apartment you can come up to a decision.

Toad wants Bigby to leave him alone. - Toad

How you handle Toad has as much to do with your own personality as it does with the relationships you are forming in game.

1. Threaten Toad - This path can be dangerous to further relationships down the line.

2. Call out Toad's lies. - If you have canvassed the crime scene you will be able to call out each and every lie Toad has fed you.

From this point we'll find out that either Dee or Dum has broken into Toad's apartment tearing it up looking for something. TJ and Snow bring out a donkey skin suit and lay it down on the couch. We can now take an envelope out of its mouth. After taking it out we find that it is addressed to Prince Lawrence.

Do you want to try and give it to him, or . . . - Snow

The decision on what to do with the note has little consequence since we choose to come to Toad's first. Play this one how you would a regular decision.

1. Keep it. - Non-altering

2. [Open it] - If you open it, Bigby simply reads it. Shows the nature of Bigby.

3. It belongs to Lawrence. - You refuse to open the letter and plan on bringing it to Lawrence. Also shows the nature of Bigby.

4. . . . - Non-altering

Snow and Bigby talk a bit more and then we head to the Trip Trap bar to find the Woodsman. It's time to get yourself together and finish this episode off. We've got quite a few questions and one last stop to try and get them.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/6.jpg A Light Snowfall 20:gsicon:

Completed Episode 1: "Faith"

From the start of the chapter we have some very interesting dialog culminating to this pivotal question about the direction of the investigation:

Bigby. Be honest with me. Who do you think... did this? - Snow

A superficial statement dialog segment that really just plays into Snow's curiosity more than anything else.

1. Her husband - You ultimately name Lawrence as the suspect.

2. Dee - You name Dee and Dum as your suspects.

3. The Woodsman - You name the Woodsman as your suspect.

4. [More] - PROVIDES MORE OPTIONS ONLY.

5. Bluebeard - This will be the only option Faith wholeheartedly agrees with you on oddly enough.

6. The Pimp - You name Faith's money problem the suspect.

7. . . . - Your silence ultimately leaves Snow with a very unsure feeling.

There will be some terribly awkward and rather cute non-altering dialog you can partake in although after a little bit of it you will have the opportunity to back Snow:

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

To have to turn to... prostitution. I wish there was more we could do. This isn't how I thought it would be... - Snow

This is another major relationship builder or breaker regarding Snow.

1. You're doing your best. - Snow appreciates your kind words.

2. Do something about it. - Snow appreciates your kind words.

3. Crane is the problem. - Mostly non-altering as it does not benefit your relationship with Snow.

4. . . . - Snow is a little put back by your silence.

After a bit more non-altering dialog Bigby will enter the Trip Trap bar. Right off the bat the bartender will ask what you are looking for:

What do ya want, Sheriff? - Bartender

This will be another personality trait dealing with the bartender, the patron, and Bigby.

1. Sheriff business - The bartender will remember your claim of official business.

2. Woodsman - You tell the truth.

3. In the neighborhood. - You avoid the bartender's question.

4. . . . - Bigby's silence does not sit well with the bartender.

Bigby will then try to gain some information on the Woodsman from the bartender, but will run into quite a bit of resistance. The dialog with her is non-altering so try as you may you will get no answers out of her. Time to examine the surroundings.

You can check out the half empty glass in front of Bigby where it looks like someone could have been sitting. The bartender will yet again give Bigby will the run around with any line of questioning so let's turn our attention to the picture above the bar. First examine and then question the picture to come to the conclusion that the Woodsman is probably a regular here. Now remember that matchbook from the first chapter outside the Woodsman's apartment? Notice the matchbook next to the half empty glass? They are the same.

Now we can head to the other side of the bar and start with the cigarette machine. If you have money because you did not give it to Faith you can buy a pack, otherwise Bigby will be yet again denied. Taking a look at the pickled eggs will provide some funny little dialog, although nothing else. We should now move to sit down on the bar stool and talk to Gren. The dialog will all be non-altering even up to the point when the Woodsman comes out of the bathroom.

Bigby will get up and will attempt to go sit next to the Woodsman which will prompt Gren to stop Bigby. How you respond to him is non-altering, but is vindictive of the type of person you want Bigby to be. There will be some interesting dialog regarding Woodsman and Bigby that will lead to the following opportunity:

Woodsman is telling his story and finishes by telling Bigby that he ruined it all. - Woodsman

Although ultimately non-altering, I think it is vital to know this little tid-bit.

1. What are you talking about? - This will lead to the following dialog sequence.

2. So this was a robbery? - This will also lead to the following dialog sequence.

3. I'm taking you in. - Will skip right over the backstory filling you in.

4. . . . - Will skip all the way to the beginning of the action sequence.

After telling about his Red Riding Hood Experience stemming from answers 1 or 2. - Woodsman

How you handle the situation will reflect on the type of character Bigby is and will be.

1. I already know the story. - Non-altering.

2. Did you kill Faith? - Non-altering.

3. [Glass Him] - This is the violence route. You will immediately initiate the fight scene.

4. . . . - Leads directly to the action sequence.

No matter what approach you take tensions will rise within the bar angering Gren and putting the Woodsman on the defensive. There will be some dialog between Gren and Bigby (non-altering) leading up to the sequence.

ACTION SEQUENCE

1. The sequence begins with Gren knocking Bigby back to the end of the bar. Quick reach the mug on the bar and press :rtbut:, although our strike will be blocked by Holly.
  2. When Gren grabs a hold of us and is bashing against the ceiling you'll have a few brief opportunities to grab the ceiling fan using :rtbut: and hit him upside the head with it.
  3. Gren will then throw you across the bar and when you get up you'll need to go UP on the :ls: to avoid being smashed by the pool table and then can take a quick jab at Gren's face with the :rtbut:.
  4. After being thrown to the door you will need to go DOWN on the :ls: and to the RIGHT on the :ls: to avoid being pelted by Gren.
    If you do not dodge either attack by Gren at this point he will demolish Bigby and will drag him back to the bar. If you are in fact able to dodge one of the attacks follow on.
  5. After dodging both attacks use the :rtbut: to grab the coat rack and ram it into Gren's head, although this will lead to Gren thrashing you around and dragging you back to the bar.
  6. After Gren stands you up at the bar scene bringing out the wolf among Bigby you'll need to hit :ybut: quickly to pounce on him.
  7. You can then give Gren a good kick to the mid section with the :rtbut:.
  8. Gren will then stand up and charge Bigby opening up his right arm to a swift :rtbut: attack forcing him to crash into the wall.
  9. When Gren get's up you'll be able to jump on top of him with the :rtbut: and then go for a swipe on his head with the :ltbut: and a shot to his chest with the :ltbut:.
  10. Gren will then begin bashing Bigby against the wall providing you with the opportunity to grab a pool stick with the :rtbut: and the chance to ram it into Gren again using the :rtbut:.
  11. Bigby will then be able to step on his leg with the :rtbut:.
  12. This will then provide you with the opportunity to either tear off his arm or leave him. If you decide to tear off his arm you will need to do a bit of button smashing followed by a single button to finish the job.

QUICK TIME ACTION SEQUENCE OVER

Unlock a book of Fables after removing Gren's arm. This one is for Bigby's Vengeance. OR

Unlocked a book of Fables after sparing Gren at the conclusion of the fight. This one is for Bigby's Mercy.

Depending on how you dealt with Gren at the end will reflect on the character of Bigby. Bigby will then go over to Holly and will ask for a drink. After drinking it you can do a few things:

After Bigby has finished his whiskey. - Bigby

Again mostly a judgment piece on Bigby's character.

1. You didn't see any of this. - Sort of the 'tough' approach for Bigby to take.

2. [Pay for the drink] - If you did not give Faith the money in the first chapter you can pay for the drink now.

3. Send the bill to Crane - This option is similar to the first and forth, but it’s more of a privileged approach.

4. . . . - Silence will be just like not paying for it.

There will be some non-altering dialog with the Woodsman when Dee will enter the bar. After a brief comment from Dee you will need to make a decision on whether to stop the Woodsman or to stop Dee. Depending on what you choose will weigh heavily on the next chapter.

Whoever you choose you will lead back to the Woodlands and will stop when you see police activity outside. Yeah what you see is too much for my mere words to describe. Watch it for yourself, I'll see you for some much needed work next episode.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2650/7.jpg Novice Librarian 30:gsicon:

Unlocked all Book of Fables entries in Episode 1.

~~MISSABLE achievement!~~

In the order you run into them through the game NOT how they are listed in the extras category.

Chapter 1:

• Bigby Wolf unlocks at the very beginning of the game.
  • Fabletown unlocks at the very beginning of the game.
  • Mr. Toad unlocks during your original conversation with Mr. Toad.
  • Glamours unlocks during your original conversation with Mr. Toad.
  • The Farm unlocks during your original conversation with Mr. Toad.
  • The Woodsman unlocks after your fight with the Woodsman.

Chapter 2:

• Beauty unlocks during your conversation with Beauty outside of the apartments.
  • Beast unlocks during your conversation with Beast at the elevator.
  • Bluebeard unlocks IF AND ONLY IF you open up the file in Bigby's desk in his apartment. MISSABLE, although you will get it if you did not read the file in the business office during chapter 3.
  • Colin unlocks during your conversation with Colin the pig.
  • Snow White unlocks during your conversation with Colin the pig about Snow.
  • Mundies unlocks outside when Snow takes you to see the woman's head on the front steps.

Chapter 3:

• Bluebeard unlocks if you did not read the file in Bigby's room during chapter 2, and if and only if either you suggest it is Bluebeard who committed the crime, or allow Snow to test her theory.
  • Ichabod Crane unlocks during your conversation with snow following that of Crane's.
  • Bufkin unlocks after Snow sends Bufkin to go retrieve the first three Fable books.
  • Fairth/DonkeySkin[/b] unlocks after Bufkin reads about her in the Fables book.

Chapter 5:

• The Tweedles unlocks after your little run in with them following either Mr. Toad's apartment or Prince Lawrence's whichever comes first.
  • Prince Lawrence unlocks after you enter his apartment.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Chapter 6:

• Holly unlocks in the Trip Trap bar after talking to the bartender.
  • Grendel unlocks after either talking to, or confronting the man at the bar/Grendel.
  • Bigby's Mercy unlocks after sparing Grendel a lost arm. (Only 1 can be done in a playthrough).
  • Bigby's Vengeance unlocks after ripping off Grendel's arm. (Only 1 can be done in a playthrough).

After completing the very last chapter and either tearing off Gren's arm or walking away you'll only be presented with one of the two books. After the credits are done simply rewind the last chapter, place the save in an empty space, and do the opposite action than what you did originally. You can quit out as soon as the achievement pops after the Gren fight.

Here is a nice layout that one of our fellow x360a members created:

MeltingBalloons' "Novice Librarian" Guide.

Please feel free to comment, question, and voice concerns. I'll post here and with new posts on any updates.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2766&pictureid=16390

Thanks going out to Matt x360a for the sweet banner.

All chaps done, just working on the editing.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Hey bro,

Just a quick note, it is FABLES in capital letters and not Fable, the game :) If you want a short pitch, since I'm a fan of the books, here it is :

"In our modern day New-York, creatures of legend and fantasy have found refuge in their own little community, called Fabletown. Bigby, the Big Bad Wolf from Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood, is very real, and kicking. Sheriff of Fabletown, he helps solve crimes thanks to his extraordinary Wolverine-like senses, and his cunning and intellect. If you don't already follow Bill Willingham's acclaimed comic-book series, you'll discover a world of intrigue populated by imaginary characters such as Prince Charming, Gepetto or Sleeping Beauty, but faced with very real problems, starting with extinction, and murder."

Or something like that.

Hey bro,

Just a quick note, it is FABLES in capital letters and not Fable, the game :) If you want a short pitch, since I'm a fan of the books, here it is :

Or something like that.

I will add it when I get home thanks!

Edit: Done and added. Thanks Asturgis.

Can someone give me Euro prices on the dollar cost in the RoadMap? I remember seeing them around, but if someone could just post those prices it would be much obliged.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Feel free to add in a link to my Book of Fables Entries Guide if you need it:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=6046893

:)

Was actually going to shoot you a PM about it. Couldn't have made it any more clear myself. Many thanks for the permission to use it!

I just wanted to apologize for my slow start on this G&RM. I'm having my first of two shoulder surgeries on the 22nd so my time has been spent half at school half at work half at the doctor's office. I know that's 3/2 but that's how I feel right now.

I will work fevourishly on it with these few upcoming days so I can be proud of something that's sitting in the forums right now. Again lo siento mis amigos.

Edit:

I do want to mention one huge change to the G&RM. I added a bolded explanation to each question as to why it is listed in the guide. This way before you go into the question you will know what the result of answering it will mean for the rest of your play.

Edit2:

Chapters 1-4 are completely done.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

• 3 weeks later...
Will your walkthrough for chapter 5 be getting finished soon? You said you were doing both scenarios (toad/Lawrence - Lawrence/toad). Just waiting now :)

Yeah. I actually should finish it today. I had a second G&RM I was working on and just finished that yesterday freeing me to wrap this bad boy up.

All chaps done, just working on editing now.

Edit 2: Finished.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org The Wolf Among Us / DLC: Episode 1: Faith Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 5 months later...

Probably a dumb question, but... How do I replay a chapter? I finished the first episode, was obviously missing one book entry, so from the main menu I was brought to after finishing the episode, I chose "Play" and the only option available was "Start Episode 1". That's what I did because I had no other option and it restarted the episode. All the book entries are gone now if I check in the menu.

I'm so pissed off right now...

Edit: so, it must have been a bug, I've replayed the whole episode and now I have access to the chapters within...

Edited by gabwe

• 8 months later...