Battlefield 3 alpha trail

majorsoapsuds

People who can't run it should give me their code :D. You guys are lucky to have a code.

I agree, however I think they should give me a code :p

And the apparent requirements:

Minimum:

Hard Drive Space -- 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Operating System -- Windows Vista or Windows 7

Processor -- Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz

RAM -- 2GB

Video Card -- DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended:

Hard Drive Space -- 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Operating System -- Windows 7 64-bit

Processor -- Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

RAM -- 4GB

Video Card -- DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon HD 6850

Looks like i'll be playing on max
:D

Edited by clokey

The alpha is over now. I got to play it for about 5 hours and it was a ton of fun. The only problem was the first area of the map was the most played. it seemed pretty unbalanced because neither side could advance to the next part of the map half the time. when some did push back the defenders, the respawn counter was almost down. the very last area in the city only lasted a few minutes each time i made it there. wish i could see more of it.

i had alot of fun with the alpha... forgot to use some of the weapons i unlocked, but owell... the 3d spotting is a bit broken, i think it just needs to be tweaked, people demanding it be removed are going to be well disappointed, at least on console... even with it being alpha i thought the graphics and audio were amazing. being that the subway was a bit of a rarity (i would plead with people, when on both sides, to allow offense to take the first set so we could all get onto the rest of the map) i was always amazed to see the lighting in the subway cars themselves, and each time i made it to the subway i found myself exploring the place just to get an idea of the graphics engine... not that its all about graphics and sound, but the fact it was an early build of the game, i was impressed.

love the prone system, and the way you can go from stand/running, to crouched/prone, then from prone to full on run, and the transitions between each one feel different. selected fire rate is awesome, i love the new classes (or should i say the new class setups)

i think the sniper glare needs to be tweaked aswell, and that was more me spotting people than getting spotted... im sure there are other things im not touching on, and its not like anyone asked for my opinion, haha, but there it is...