The "Where`s the area thread"

BullZeye

+ Overall Achievements : 9

+ Total Gamerscore : 250

+ Estimated Achievement Difficulty : 4-5/10

+ Online/Offline : all Achievements can be done Solo or in Co-Op/Online or Offline

+ Approximate time : 4-6 hours (not quite sure here but 6 hours is definetely max)

+ Minimum number of playthrough needed : 1

+ Missable Achievements : 0

+ Does difficult affect Achievements : 2 (Team Congratz and Demolition Crew)

+ Do cheats disable achievements? : no cheats

"Special-Requirement"-Achievements :

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qn/ty/1ICLiGJhbC9HCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAOfn5-tde7Y=.jpgThinking inside the Box - 30:gsicon:

In the first area of the "San Francisco, CA" map, neutralize (12) enemies inside containers.

Well in this case the achievement description already tells you it`s the first area of the San Fransisco Level.There, take down all 12 enemies inside one of the containers (It doesn`t have to be the same container, only no enemy can die out in the open).To do that,lure them in by just running or with the help of a sticky camera.Alternatively you can take them as a human shield and drag them in a container to take them out.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/jI/qz/14CLiGJhbC9FCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzExAAAAAOfn5-icipA=.jpgKing of the Crypt - 30

In the "Crypt", perform (12) hand to hand takedowns without alerting other enemies.

The "Crypt" is the second area of the New Orleans Map, there you have to take down all 12 enemies with melee attacks without alerting anyone.Just take your time and try to keep a look on where the enemies are.It doesn`t matter where in the crypt you take them down as long as all the kills are melee kills and you don`t get noticed.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/OY/OS/1YCLiGJhbC9GCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAOfn5-q9gyU=.jpgWatch the Soap - 30:gsicon:

In the "Washroom", neutralize (18) enemies.

The "Washroom" is, unlike for example the Crypt, not a whole area but only one room in one section on the Portland Map.It`s on said Map, towards the end of the second area on the ground floor.It contains Sinks, Toilets, and Showers(just like any bathroom, yeah)

It`s easiest done on the Rookie-Difficulty and in Co-Op(I did it solo but it can get close if the enemies become too aggressive, you have little space to maneuver).

I`d suggest you confront the enemies in the shower area, there you can take cover at the back where no enemy can reach you from behind, they`ll all be tunneled straight toward you.If you`re in Co-op, everyone can cover one side.And if you`ve then got a shotgun and enough grenades and mines there`s not much that shoud keep you from getting the achievement.

Of course you have to alert the enemies so they send reinforcements.Since that puts the total amount of enemies in that area to 24,you can afford to take out 6 enemies before you get yourself noticed, this can however be risky if you kill some enemies outside of the Washroom(with explosives especially), then there might not be enough left to get the achievement.Either way, try to sneak as close to the Washroom as you can before initiating the battle.

Credit for finding the room goes to Finaldark

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Q3/Mq/14CLiGJhbC8yCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzFGAAAAAOfn5-gFc18=.jpgDemolition Crew - 30:gsicon:

Complete CO-OP "Under Construction" while shooting all the explosives in realistic difficulty.

"Under Construction" is the final(4th) area on the Salt Lake City-Map.

You have to reach it on realistic difficulty.Once you`re there first clear out all but one enemy and then cause reinforcements by blowing up a barrel or extinguisher(you`ll have to detonate them all and even blowing one up causes reinforcements so you best get that out of the way immediately) so the arriving troops don`t know where you are right away.

Again get rid of all enemies except for one and then shoot everything that can explode(barrels, canisters and extinguishers).Use the sonar to find all of them, they light up like enemies(just to mention it).

Unfortunately the achievement doesn`t unlock after you`ve destroyed all items, you have to finish the level for it to pop.

So be sure to double check(the last guard will be panically running from one explosion to the next, making it easy to keep your distance, but be sure you know where he is anyway, it would be fatal if he`s killed by an explosion and there are still barrels left) or else you have to start all over.

Once you got them all, kill the last guard to finish the level.If you`ve done everything right, the achievement should unlock.

Lastly, like the Soap-Achievement(since both require an open confrontation) this one is easier done in Co-Op, only this time you can`t choose a lower difficulty.

Credit for pointing out the right area goes to Lex Talionis and McDan1el

Completion-Achievements :

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/tk/JB/1ICLiGJhbC9ECBoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-tuQqo=.jpgWho let the docks out? - 20:gsicon:

Complete CO-OP "San Francisco, CA" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty.

Finish the first Mission, "San Francisco,DA".Any difficulty, solo or coop, Hunter or Infiltration game mode.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/uF/lN/1YCLiGJhbC9ACRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM0AAAAAOfn5-piWaQ=.jpgRise from the Graves - 20:gsicon:

Complete CO-OP "New Orleans, LA" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty.

see "Who let he dogs out?"

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/K6/Gt/1ICLiGJhbC9BCRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM1AAAAAOfn5-uCoTc=.jpgJust free yourself - 20:gsicon:

Complete CO-OP "Portland, ME" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty.

see "Who let he dogs out?"

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/nq/iM/1oCLiGJhbC9CCRoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAOfn5-mjqII=.jpgExperimental Treatment - 20:gsicon:

Complete CO-OP "Salt Lake City, UT" mission on Rookie or Normal difficulty.

see "Who let the dogs out?"

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/e6/hY/14CLiGJhbC9BFQUaXVBRFzBCL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn+HeoYA==.jpgTeam congratz - 50:gsicon:

Complete Deniable Ops: Insurgency on Realistic difficulty in Hunter or Infiltration game mode.

Finish all 4 new DLC-Missions on Realistic Difficulty.Solo or Coop, Hunter or Infiltration game mode.If you want to get everything done as fast as possible start on realistic Difficulty right away, though it will make the Watch the Soap and King of the Crypt Achievements a lot harder.

Last Note, I don`t quite dare calling this an achievement guide, maybe just a small one.I`m not saying it`s very good or complete but I hope it`ll help.I described what I did as best as I can and I don`t think the achievements should give anyone too much trouble, especially after dealing with all the original Hunter and Last Stand Maps.

All pics added, as is all the information I got.

Edited by BullZeye

Watch the soap is on the 2nd Portland level. There is a bathroom towards the middle/end of the level on the ground? floor.

53/54... I need to figure out Demolition crew.

54/54... I guess I missed one somehow the first time around. or something.. maybe you're not allowed to use explosives to blow them up? I dont know. What I do know is that the achievement doesn't pop up until the last guy is killed... which is risky since if you miss one, you have to do the other 2 levels all over again.

Edited by Finaldark
Update

You mean the second area on the Portland level?

Ok, if there is only one small bathroom then I`m wondering if you have to actually take out 18 enemies in that room.

I rather doubt it but I`ll check that now, starting with simply taking out 18 enemies in the second area.

Edit 1 :

I have killed 20 enemies on the second part and no achievement, I have discovered the Washroom however so I guess it has to be done in that room.

Edit 2 :

Confirmed, the "Washroom" isn`t a hole area (like the Crypt) but actually just a fairly small bathroom on the ground floor toward the end of the second Part of the Portland Map.

Edited by BullZeye

I almost didn't... but thought... ah why not - just in case - obviously the best tactic I found was to stealth take out 11 opponents, then shoot an explosive causing backup and stealth take out them to leave 1 more (of course if some happened to be near an explosive all the better) - then as soon as all extinguishers + explosives done I took the last guy and BLIP unlocked! :) There are a couple of explosives in a basement area too - you get into round the back near the cameras.

The Soap one is the last one I have left to do - do they all have to be close quarter kills or can we shoot them in the bathroom?

If you want them in colour, i see you've unlocked them all. Go to your xbox.com profile, click on played games then SCC.

Right click each image and select copy image url, then use the insert image button above to insert the url of the image into your post.

Hope that helps and is clear enough.

I think I'm missing something on the under construction

Same thing happened to me twice....can't tell you what is it...:confused:

We need to destroy all explosives on the LAST Area ONLY in the Salt Lake City Level ? RIGHT ?

Did you shoot something while you were climbing to the Last Area (You know, with all the pipe and the platform)

Thanks.

Thanks for the pic though I just got the last achievement myself and could add it.

As for the title, I just changed it.

And considering the Demolition Crew Achievement, I didn`t shoot any explosives until I reached the last area, check that last section thoroughly with the sonar to find everything, especially some extinguishers are fairly difficult to spot.

Edited by BullZeye

For some reason I still can't get demolition crew.... I've played it a couple of times on realistic. I'm going to clear my cache and try again...

Where are the really hard to spot explosive? I have scoured the map and can't find any more.

Likewise, seem to be missing one or more explosives although I always check with sonar. Left one guy running around whilst I looked too. Someone mentioned a basement area, where is that roughly?

Likewise, seem to be missing one or more explosives although I always check with sonar. Left one guy running around whilst I looked too. Someone mentioned a basement area, where is that roughly?

Well it worked after I cleared my cache.... Since I did it so many times here's what I recall. I most often missed the ones toward the entrance to the level. i.e. if you come up out of the load room and turn right after the spotlight with four lights, there's one by a forklift.. If you keep going down that hall there is one hidden up on some boards almost underneath those stairs, turn slightly right at the stairs to see it....

Other things I did differently this time, I never reloaded at the weapon crate and after getting frustrated I went back down to the weapon crate room and shot the one fire extinguisher visible from the previous area...

In reality though, I think it was clearing my cache that worked...

Oh and don't forget, DO IT ON REALISTIC

Edited by Lex Talionis

Damn Demolition Crew, it didn't unlock, I must of missed one.

Some should literally make a list of all the explosives in the last section (there's not THAT many). I'm too tired to go through again right now, but tomorrow morning I'm going to start a list of the explosives I find if no one else does.

Edited by Sedaa