Easy Way to get MVP

Ashinho206

I'm not sure if it's already been posted or not, but it wasn't in the Achievement Guide...

I got all the other achievements really easily, but for some reason was having a problem with getting MVP ... I tried it as Eastern, Western, Ottawa and Calgary to no avail. I was scoring 8-12 goals a game, even played a few, but always ended up 10-15 points behind the seasons MVP.

Here's how to do it....

I was Canada when I did it, but I'm sure the same tip would work for any 'good' team.

At the start of a season, go to EDIT LINES. Put your top scorer/best player as PWG (the middle one :). For Canada, and Western ... I would choose the Ignigo guy, sorry about the spelling).

Do this on ALL FOUR offencive line ups. It seemed to me the PWG was the guy who assisted the other 2 in the line up, and they got the goals. So don't get worried if he's not scoring any goals to begin with, its all about his assists.

You can then sim every game...

I won the MVP with over 350 points. My closest competitor to the trophy was over 100 points behind, and I didn't have to play a single game.

Im guessing as Canada, this would also work for the MVP of the playoffs.

Hope this helps :)

If you're having any other problems, please ask here and I'll try to answer your questions.

Edited by Ashinho206

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still confussed with that help, which team do you choose ? You say Canada but you can't choose Canada in season mode ????

EDIT:

Yeah i realised what you were talking about, done this and got the achievement straight away after simming a season :) By far the easiest way for the MVP achievement !!!! Thanks :)

Edited by TornShaun

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still confussed with that help, which team do you choose ? You say Canada but you can't choose Canada in season mode ????

EDIT:

Yeah i realised what you were talking about, done this and got the achievement straight away after simming a season :) By far the easiest way for the MVP achievement !!!! Thanks :)

Way to go answering your own questions, your edit was really helpfull dude, thank you so much.

/sarcasm

To select Canada from the team selection screen press the X Button to substitute a team. Pick Canada and press the A Button to confirm. Hope that helps.

Edit: This method worked great the first time. I played through as the redwings and went undefeated (I simmed until 5 min in the 3rd period then jumped in. If the match was a loss I reloaded my game - make sure you SAVE A LOT). I was able to get all the achievements for dynasty setting except 10 years and MVP (got the playoff MVP). Started a new dynasty with the redwings and a fully created team -all players at 99 skill. Still no MVP. Finished 10 years of dynasty and still no MVP. Tried the method listed above and it worked on the first try - no paying only simming. Don't forget to turn off injuries it helps. Thanks for the tip!!

Edited by Jedi ObiJoe

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It worked for me also with the Bruins but it took 2 seasons.

I don't know too much about hockey so I simmed 5 games, looked at who led my team in points and moved him into all 4 lines. I had a terrible losing record that year too.

Make sure you turn injuries and fatigue off - that helps the player earn MVP also.

It sucks if you do it early in your dynasty simming though because now I have to manually edit lines every 10 games or so, makes the process longer to do the complete 10 season dynasty achievement.

• 3 years later...