Just got this

Creazil

Okay, so I just paid for this on the Marketplace and I'm just wondering, I can see a lot of achievements have unlockables and I'm curious of whether they carry over to next playthroughs? Seeming as 5 and 7 day survivor acheivements unlock unlockables.

Also, how long is the 7 days in real time? And how much out of 10 would you rate this game?

Yes, all unlockables that you earn throughout the game will pass over onto your next playthroughs. They are all within a specific point in the game at which you can pick up whenever you want in the game.

As for 7 Day Survivor, that is 14 hours real time.

Oh, as for out of 10, I'd give it a 8.5. :)

I heard about the 14 - 16 hours gametime. Maybe the first achievement I'll really be proud of. To unlock 5 day survivor (about 10 hours?) I need to get A ending. How do I know I'll get the A ending? Also, how do I unlock 7 day survivor?

I heard about the 14 - 16 hours gametime. Maybe the first achievement I'll really be proud of. To unlock 5 day survivor (about 10 hours?) I need to get A ending. How do I know I'll get the A ending? Also, how do I unlock 7 day survivor?

You will know which ending you get, trust me. I don't want to spoil any of the story for you, (yes there is a storyline in this game) but after you reach the end of the 72-hour period, there will be a special cutscene.

After you complete the game once, there will be a special gametype to play. This gametype is called Infinity Mode. In this mode, you must survive as long as you can until you die. You health slowly gets depleted as time goes on. Once you die, the game ends, and you will get all the stats. Reaching your 7th day, you will unlock the achievement. :)

This is a great game even though it might seem a bit complicated and overwhelming at first. One thing to remember about the collectibles is the fact that you must finish the entire run through of the game to be able to get them to carry over. I say this because achivements will appear as soon as you finish certain things but that does not make the collectibles themselves stay put if you simply restart the game. You do not however need to get the A grade finish to be able to keep collectibles. Any ending will do, and there are several.

I don't want to tell you to much about the story in this game but in order to get the A level ending you should focus on the main objectives at all times. Usually the game will get you to reload if you let a crucial mission time out but some of them will trigger an alternative ending which will not be the A level one.

Oh, and if you want me to grade this game in a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 8.5 or maybe even a 9.

Good luck with everything! :)

EDIT: Well YUNDER beat me to it but if you read both of our answers you will hopefully get all the information you need.

As far as I can remember the A level ending wasn't necessary in order to get Infinity mode. Getting the A level is not that hard though if you keep doing the plot driven missions. Aside from Infinity mode beating the game will also give you access to Overtime mode which continues the story from the main game. Overtime mode is in my opinion well worth playing as well. :)

Well, at the moment I'm grinding my character up with Jeff and Natalie. It seems a lot easier than just going out there inexperienced with no skills/item slots/health slots etc.. so I'm level 16 now and not even started lol.

This is going to be a bit easier now.

Ifyou haven't done it already I'd strongly advise doing the Zombie genocider achievement as early as possible if you have a spare 4-6 hours (plenty of videos on youtube to show you the best routes). Yes it gets tedious but the reward makes achievement hunting SO much easier and you will level up easily 15-20 times while doing it.

Replay value is huge if only for achievement hunting.I'd go with the general feeling of an 8 to 9 out of 10 only let down by some of the retarded survivor AI.Trust me after working through the Saint achievement yesterday and nailing it everytime I now see AARON SWOOP IS DEAD on my screen I feel like cheering :Bounce:

Sure as hell isn't a breeze to 100% it but there are very few games that balance work needed with satisfaction and just balls to the wall fun like DR does

oh just a note if you didn't know already everytime you do an achievement be it zombie genocider,saint or whatever be sure to get an ending and not just quit and restart otherwise you won't get the unlockable for that achievement unless you do it again with an ending (as I found out to my cost)

Edited by bensonrecon

yh lol well i would rate this better than left for dead in the freedom but gameplay they are totally different even though both zombie killing this is more of a comic view on it zombie apolaclise lol and the one i would rather have slow stupid zombies hell yh that would be fun lol

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info guys. I'm at the end of my first playthrough & did not want to lose my progress each time I started a new game(Full Set, Gourmet, PP Collector, etc..)

Enjoy man. I love this game and I've 100%ed it two years ago. I still love playing it. I'd recommend this game to anyone as it's 3$ now and an overall good early 360 game that at the time showed how powerful the 360 was.

Edited by Deadsea 1993