1 character VS. 3 characters

JORDAN K 95

1 character or 3 characters?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. 1 character or 3 characters?

• I prefer having 1 character
    • I prefer having 3 characters

i know GTA5 is designed to have 3 characters. but do you like this? or would you have preferred if they designed GTA5 to be played with 1 character like in GTA4?

personally i prefer 3 characters,it gives a great feel to the game. you play as Franklin who is a gangsta, Trevor who is a crazy motherfucker or Michael your average rich guy. which is great fun. whereas in GTA4 you were 'that guy from Russia moving to LC to meet his cousin' or in San andreas 'you were the gangster CJ'. but having 3 different characters gives a different feel to the missions.

the downside of having 3 characters is you can sometimes be very close to a Franklin mission with say Trevor so then you switch to Franklin and you'll be the other side of the map away from the mission, or even more annoyingly close to a Trevor mission! :p likewise with properties each character has its own properties and income.

at first i thought 1 character would be better, but since ive been playing a lot more its great having a different feel to the game!

Edited by JORDAN K 95

personally i prefer 3 characters,it gives a great feel to the game. you play as Franklin who is a gangsta, Trevor who is a crazy motherfucker or Franklin your average rich guy.

You mean Michael? ;)

Not sure yet, have not gone that far, 5 hours in and only done the first 2 missions at the start.

Edited by cjdavies

This is funny, so they gave us three characters to choose from and you can actually play only with one all the time, except for story and stuff. I'm more curious about the MP character customization. I like how it worked out with the three characters in SP. Brings some fresh wind into the GTA series!

The initial thought of having three protagonists is both a risk of immersion for the storyline and a disconnect between the player and character.

But Rockstar pulled it off and it works perfectly in this game. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes! im glad they kept it in!

This is funny, so they gave us three characters to choose from and you can actually play only with one all the time, except for story and stuff. I'm more curious about the MP character customization. I like how it worked out with the three characters in SP. Brings some fresh wind into the GTA series!

as ive said in other threads. i hope its a lot better than the ones we have now!

The best and most engaging part of the story is that you're invested in all three of these characters, so the story is MUCH MORE engaging than any previous GTA (IMO).

I'm still not finished with the game's storyline yet because I'm trying to do all side missions as they appear/become available before moving on to the next story mission. So I'm waiting to reserve judgement, but I might even call this the BEST Rockstar game to date, but Red Dead Redemption was a juggernaut, so it might be hard to beat in my mind.

We'll see :D

I voted one character.

The mechanic is great while you're playing through the story but once you're done the story it's essentially pointless. I'm not yet done all of the stranger missions, but I'm at a point where the map is mostly cleared of them, so I've had no use for Michael at all since I finished the story and I've just finished with Franklin (for now).

When basically all you've got left are side activities and collectibles it really doesn't matter who you're playing as since it all plays the same, so in all honesty it would be nice to just be one character. At least that way my money wouldn't be separated amongst them and I'd actually be able to buy everything.

I would have said 1, but i love how it works in this game. I prefer 1 character because of customization. I want the hair and tattoos and clothes and stuff, and want them to remain how i customized them, and not have to buy everything 3 times, BUT, i wouldn't change this game now to just 1 character. I think it's been done extremely well and is a very unique take on the main character. Any other game i would say 1, but i'm glad that this is 3.

I voted one character.

The mechanic is great while you're playing through the story but once you're done the story it's essentially pointless. I'm not yet done all of the stranger missions, but I'm at a point where the map is mostly cleared of them, so I've had no use for Michael at all since I finished the story and I've just finished with Franklin (for now).

When basically all you've got left are side activities and collectibles it really doesn't matter who you're playing as since it all plays the same, so in all honesty it would be nice to just be one character. At least that way my money wouldn't be separated amongst them and I'd actually be able to buy everything.

That's why it's smart to do everything in moderation and not just complete the storyline first...just saying.

That's why it's smart to do everything in moderation and not just complete the storyline first...just saying.

Couldn't help it, the story was too damn addicting.

As far as collectibles go, I always leave them for last in all games, lest I lose track of them, unless they're missable. I've never been a member of the "missing 1 collectible" club and never will be. Besides collectibles, I did stop and smell the roses between mission, don't you worry :)

Couldn't help it, the story was too damn addicting.

As far as collectibles go, I always leave them for last in all games, lest I lose track of them, unless they're missable. I've never been a member of the "missing 1 collectible" club and never will be. Besides collectibles, I did stop and smell the roses between mission, don't you worry :)

I understand. It's all preference; as much as I love the Story, I've been taking the game ridiculously slow and doing a lot of side activities :p

Personally I prefer the 1 character,I haven't used franklin since the game forced me to but switching between Trevor and Michael is fun as I like both of them.

Not sure how far in you are, but I didn't really like Franklin to begin with either, he was just too stereotypical gang banger-type guy. But as the story developed and I played more, I actually grew to really like him as a character.

All 3 are really distinct and complement each other well, and I think the mechanism works perfectly. Well done R*!

Not sure how far in you are, but I didn't really like Franklin to begin with either, he was just too stereotypical gang banger-type guy. But as the story developed and I played more, I actually grew to really like him as a character.

All 3 are really distinct and complement each other well, and I think the mechanism works perfectly. Well done R*!

yeah, i agree with you. he still not my fav character but ive grown to like him a lot more thoughout the game!

for me i much prefer the 3 characters. I barely played GTA 4 and i think alot of that was down to me not liking my character much.

The only issue i have is i seem to have missed a huge chunk of Franklin's story thus i have less of a feel for him. Although i still like his role.

Another thing i like is each person has a different relationship with people. In most games if your character liked someone you had to put up with them even though you found them the most annoying person alive. Now you don't.

I also love Trevor's persona. Although i play mostly with Franklin

I prefer 1. Although 3 is very inventive. When I play GTA I wanna run the city, do what I want, buy property etc. It doesn't feel consistant when I am bouncing between missions for 2 other idiots I don't care about forced to complete their missions. I want Mike to own the Taxi company not an uneducated thug. Personally I want to bury Franklin in the desert. But that's me haha.