Multiplayer Demo Confirmed + XP Carries Over to Full Game

iBuzz7S

Gears of War: Judgment is getting a demo in March, courtesy of Epic Games and Microsoft. It’s a multiplayer demo focused on the game’s OverRun mode, and if you pre-order from GameStop you can get it early.

Microsoft’s Major Nelson posted the news on his blog, and explained that anyone pre-ordering Gears of War: Judgment through GameStop’s ‘PowerUp Rewards’ will get the demo on March 15th via Xbox Live Gold. Everyone else must wait until March 19th to play.

Specially, early access will run between March 15 at 11:59 pm PT and Monday, March 18 at 11:59pm PT. No European early access has been revealed yet.

All XP earned during early access and the demo will carry over into the full game when it launches.

Bring it on! I'll be looking at pre-ordering for the sake of gaining early access and getting whatever I possibly can to help towards any achievement(s).

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/28/gears-of-war-judgment-demo-dated-early-access-for-gamestop-pre-orders/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the MS preorder of a free 1600MSP is a much better deal. You get a demo for three days.

^

Enjoy your Young Marcus and 3-Day OVERRUN demo, GameStop shoppers. ;)

(It's not "Versus multiplayer" that you guys are used to, it's just Overrun (COG vs Locust defense). Just to clear what the articles highlight.)

EDIT:

Regarding the "Lambent" Weapon Skin:

Lambent weapon skin – This exclusive weapon skin lets you show off your grub-slaying exploits and customize select weapons with the emulsion of your fallen Lambent foes.

(Source: http://epicgames.com/community/2013/01/gears-of-war-judgment-overrun-early-access/)

No pics yet, probably going to end up looking similar to the Imulsion set from Gears 3

Edited by Hagane

^

Enjoy your Young Marcus and 3-Day OVERRUN demo, GameStop shoppers. ;)

(It's not "Versus multiplayer" that you guys are used to, it's just Overrun (COG vs Locust defense). Just to clear what the articles highlight.)

EDIT:

(Source: http://epicgames.com/community/2013/01/gears-of-war-judgment-overrun-early-access/)

No pics yet, probably going to end up looking similar to the Imulsion set from Gears 3

Huh. A weapon skin that was used in a previous game? How original.

I plan on buying it from MS cause its like paying $40 with the points.

EDIT:

Oh great, this is the beginning of another Gears game with 100 different skins that all look ridiculous and cost way too much. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'm going to pass up on this game.

Oh great, this is the beginning of another Gears game with 100 different skins that all look ridiculous and cost way too much. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'm going to pass up on this game.

You realize you don't need to buy any of the skins right? They don't effect anything, or give you an advantage, or make other players jealous, they just make your gun look a little different. You can play the game perfectly fine without them, and using them as an excuse not to buy the game is pathetic.

My God. I hate reading posts like this; they are popping up all over now.

"ZOMGBBQ MICROTRANSACTIONS IN A GAMEZ IM DONEZ WIFF DA GAMEZ FOREVERZ."

Seriously, no one makes you purchase the skins nor do they cause anyone to have an advantage in-game. So WTF is the point of making a post like that?

• 1 month later...
So, when is GameStop going to give out these early access codes? I went to the GameStop from which I preordered my copy, and they didn't know anything about it.

Presumably, on Friday(or Friday-ish) through the PowerUp Rewards e-mail address you've given GameStop. (That's what I heard a looooooong time ago anyway.)

My God. I hate reading posts like this; they are popping up all over now.

"ZOMGBBQ MICROTRANSACTIONS IN A GAMEZ IM DONEZ WIFF DA GAMEZ FOREVERZ."

Seriously, no one makes you purchase the skins nor do they cause anyone to have an advantage in-game. So WTF is the point of making a post like that?

Agree 100% dude kinda getting annoyed myself. Its like going to mcdonalds and getting a cheeseburger and they ask" would you like fries with that" and you say OMGZ IM NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!