The Road to Final Fantasy Completion (Gaming log)

metalsteelix

With the exception of the mobile phone and a few of the off japanese ones Ive beaten everything here. Mind you some of them were years and years ago so I could probably do with replaying them. I collect Square/Squaresoft merch. Games/Toys/Guides. Anything officially licensed by Square. I'm not concentrating on anything after the merger with Enix but if i find something cheap from Square Enix Ill still get it. I think my pride and joy is either my FFVII Crisis Core PSP Import System or my PS1 complete US collection. Pictured below.

Good luck in your endeavor. The best part of all the games is the story and Ive liked every FF since the first (yea even X-2). Even my gamertag is derived from my love for the series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Kalscension/Mobile%20Uploads/th_1322836978.jpg

Have you played IX before? Out of all of them, I think it's my favourite.

My favourite Final Fantasy (And my second favourite game of all time) is Final Fantasy VI, but when I played IX.. I got the same feeling I got with VI, this Final Fantasy is an awesome game. Great Characters (I love them all, even Quina :D), Great music, Great Villain (In my opinion Kuja is one of the best villains of all time). What else is there to say? This game is awesome :p

With the exception of the mobile phone and a few of the off japanese ones Ive beaten everything here. Mind you some of them were years and years ago so I could probably do with replaying them. I collect Square/Squaresoft merch. Games/Toys/Guides. Anything officially licensed by Square. I'm not concentrating on anything after the merger with Enix but if i find something cheap from Square Enix Ill still get it. I think my pride and joy is either my FFVII Crisis Core PSP Import System or my PS1 complete US collection. Pictured below.

Good luck in your endeavor. The best part of all the games is the story and Ive liked every FF since the first (yea even X-2). Even my gamertag is derived from my love for the series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Kalscension/Mobile%20Uploads/th_1322836978.jpg

Wow that's great! I'm still looking for some Merchandise but the shirts aren't my favourite :s. It's great to see another fan out there. All Final Fantasy's I played, I liked them all. (I played more than shown above but those have been years ago or hasn't been completed so I'm starting again :p).

I agree with you on the story, Final Fantasy 6's story made quite an Impact on me (Celes's suicide attempt for example). This is a great thing about the franchise and I'm hoping they're keeping up with it.

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!

Edited by metalsteelix

• 2 weeks later...

Part 6: The chocobo Series

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/40/Cracingbox.jpg/256px-Cracingbox.jpg

Chocobo Racing Console: PS1

Owning the game: no

Story Completion: 0%

Super bosses killed: N/A

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1771/354715-chocobo_s_mysterious_dungeon_boxart_large.jpg

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon Console: PS1/wonderswan

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/chocobo/cmd2/cmd2.gif

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 Console: PS1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7e/Final_Fantasy_Fables.jpg/250px-Final_Fantasy_Fables.jpg

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo tales Console: NDS

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Final_Fantasy_Fables-_Chocobo%27s_Dungeon_Coverart.png

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Chocobo's Dungeon Console: Wii

http://squarehaven.com/games/ps/cs/index/cs-logo.jpg

Chocobo Stallion Console: PS1

http://www.shinra-turks.net/forum/images/Chocobo/dice%20de%20chocobo%20logo.PNG

Dice de Chocobo Console: PS1/GBA

http://i46.tinypic.com/y0z01.png

Hatakaru Chocobo Console: Wonderswan

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/7/4/1/950741_107847_front.jpg

Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon: Majo to Shoujo to Go-nin no Yuusha Console: NDS

Edited by metalsteelix

November 2012

6th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Began the day with Cagnazzo, Defeated the dark elf and reached the tower. Continueing tomorrow

7th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Began at the tower, currently at the cave of eblan

Final Fantasy V - Didn't have Ramuh as summon so I've been hunting him for 10 minutes, not realizing it was an item you had to activate... so yeah.. trained some, now defeated the boss at the earth crystal (Damn people say it's a really hard boss but it took me 3 turns and it was dead O_o). Exdeath unleashed, now searching for Cid, then Calling it a day :3

8th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Began the day at the caves of Elban, Just defeated Rubicante. Now going to explore parts the sealed cave. But why the hell did this game become so difficult at one point? it was quite easy and now damn, trap doors which 1 hit ko you sometimes (which is quite bs) >->

Final Fantasy V: Started at the second world, defeated Gilgamesh at the big bridge.

9th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Killing some trap doors, nice exp :D Just killed the demon wall, escaped the sealed cave and found the Lunar Whale. But why did this game become so damn difficult >->

10th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Just got the summon Sylph for Rydia... And that's basically it :p

11th November

Short day, went to a soccer match :p However, I managed to get Leviathan and Asura to join my side as summons :D (FFIV the complete collection)

12th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Got Odin now too, Bahamut is the only one left. Decided to follow the story line now first though, currently at the battle with the four elemental archfiends. I'm getting the feeling that I'm actually progressing damn good on this game :D

13th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Hmm.. Don't remember where I actually started, but I'm taking on the bosses of the cave of trials, but might get Bahamut first :3 I hope to end this game as soon as possible because I'm getting bored.

14th November

Final Fantasy IV from the complete collection: Got Bahamut and took on the last bosses of the cave of trials. Did some other things, going to explor the Lunar Subterreance tomorrow

15th November

Basically explored the whole cave, only thing left is... Grinding and taking on the bosses >-> Lucky for me, Grinding isn't half bad in this level :3

16th November

Taking a break? Nah, but I might get the complete bestiary first at ffiv before taking on zemus. I only explored the Lunar Subterreance yet so got much to do. Bestiary might become a part of completion too.

Final Fantasy IX: Started at Prima Vista in the evil woods, ended up at some village just after I gave Princess Garnet another name (Dagger ofcourse.)

17th November

Final Fantasy IX: Didn't do much, only escaped from the village of Domi and ended up on the airship, that's where I left off.

18th and 19th November

Muh forgot what I did on the 18th so I'm putting em together. Btw, I will continue on FF4 later as my main objective is the bestiary, and I'm... too lazy for that :D

Final Fantasy IX: Went from the airship to disc 2, quite making progress ain't I? ;D

20th November

Final Fantasy IX: Didn't do Much today, only went with Garnet, Steiner and Marcus to the Alexandria Dungeon

21th November

Final Fantasy IX: Ended today with the attack at lindbum (Nice cutscene :o)

22th November

Final Fantasy IX: Damn I'm getting forgetfull... Believe I ended the day at the outer Continent#

23th November

Final Fantasy IX: Beaten the Lifa Tree thingy :3 Wow that was a heck of a fight... STORY TIME

Soo... He was a tree... So i did let Vivi cast fira on him.. Bad choice, the tree used a new move called flame swords.. Which hits quite hard :3 Everybody dead except for Zidane and at the very last moment he went Trance and then he did his best attack I had at that point (Solution 9 if I'm correct) and BOOM koe'd. Zidane, you are awesome. Finished the day with Amarant guy, but didn't beat him yet :3.

24th November

Final Fantasy IX: Didn't do that much (Again). Made it to disc 3 and ended the day with treno

25th November

Final Fantasy IX: 'peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget about it's painfull past. Thoguh we hope for promising years, after shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow contantly nears'. Kuja, You're a badass. Oh, and I ended the game with um... Lindblum i guess? Damn i'm forgetfull

26th and 27th November

Final Fantasy IX: Made it to The sand palace with the second party (Got the crystal on the forgotten continent already :p)

28th November

Final Fantasy IX: Ended the day at the forgotten continent.. or the lost, i'm always confused with those two :p Let's say the continent where I'm going to rescue Eiko later on, that might help ya

29th November

Final Fantasy IX: Made it to Ipsen Castle, that's all

30th November

Did do nothing, was a bit ill and had to go work

December 2012

1st December

Nothing. Nope

2nd December

Sunday is my Play Plan day on Dissidia Duodecim, so I'll be playing this game every Sunday from now on (Unless I'm done Of course). Mainly trained some characters, that's all

3rd December

No time for Final Fantasy today :c

4th December to 12th December

Sorry guys.... Was in a bit of depressive mood in real life, such as losing a good friend (No problems, just a bit... angry at him), So I didn't play Final Fantasy that much. I did play Dissidia Duodecim though and got most of the characters to level 100 and played Labyrinth alot. I. LOVE. LABYRINTH. No really, it's awesome :D. Anyways, I might be catching up Final Fantasy IX soon again.

13 and 14 December

Final Fantasy IX:Made it from Ipsen castle to Terra (Although I'm going to train some of my characters first.

Also, decided to make the ''road to completion'' to ''story completion'' in the log and worked on it again :p

15th December

Nothing

16th December

As of now, this thread is FINALLY COMPLETED! HURRAY

17th December

Final Fantasy IX: Hey leveling isn't half bad in this game :o Too bad I can't switch Zidane, he's overpowered compared to the others. Might continue leveling today and maybe tomorrow, then off to Terra

18th December

Final Fantasy IX: Was a short day so I didn't do that much except for levelling.. Well at least everybody is level 50+ now :]

19th December

Final Fantasy IX: Made it from Terra to Disc 4, nice :D

20th to 31th December

Again, done totally nothing because of Christmas/Work/No time/Another reason.

Edited by metalsteelix

January 2013

1st January to 3rd January

Happy new year (:! I decided to complete games first before moving on to another to avoid confusion for myself, so I might finish Final Fantasy 4 first because I'm almost done with it. First gotta complete labyrinth I'm currently in at Dissidia Duodecim (Wow, Kuja is a god :3).

4th January

Dissidia Duodecim: Wow Kuja is so good, I decided to take on the Final story with Him, Golbez, Lightning, Yuna and Prishe (Might replace Prishe once I comleted the gateway with Gabranth, because Gabranth rocks :3!). Kuja even managed to defeat a level 100 assist character at level 50! Meep :3

5th January

Dissidia Duodecim: Dang even with Kuja this final story is hard as nuts, I mean c'mon, the only freaking thing the opponents do is dodge and block >_> (I don't know if this is because I'm playing the game on hardest difficulty possible but still, that's not fair)

Final Fantasy IV (CC): Ok, decided to make a drastic change. Completing the Bestiary will NOT count as completion requirement. Simply because there were missable enemies. I am NOT going to play the game just for this again (Maybe when I'm done with the log), so if I get the full bestiary on another version of FF4 (DS for example) I count it as completion.

6th January

Final Fantasy IV (CC): Probably got a better solution.. gotta look first though, but as far as I'm aware, the only missable monster I don't have is the General, which isn't that far into the game. Gotta look first if I missed others though. Anyways, going to get some sirens first, as I need pink tails and exp before I'm taking on the final boss.

7-8 January

Monday and Tuesday are the worst days of the week, giving me a total of none free time.

9th January

Dissidia Duodecim: Talking about Kuja, Golbez plays really good too! I can take on the last story with them, they rock!

Final Fantasy IV (CC): This game is pissing me off af the very last moments of the game. I need to get Sirens to spawn monsters for pink tails but I don't know how to get them. I should have stolen them in the Tower of Babil, but I can't enter again. Can't blame me, I don't use walkthoughs. Someone mentioned the hummingway cave at the moon but I don't see a siren in the shop there. Why FFIV... You were so good and now you annoy me with those missing points :/

10th January

Dissidia Duodecim:Woow defeated the level 95 Feral Chaos with just Golbez and Kuja! Kuja could've even done it alone since Golbez only did like 6k damage. Probably going to tackle it again some times for Lufenia armour, don't know if it's very good but we'll see. Also completed report 18 + 19 (They are HILARIOUS)

11th to 16th January

I've been playing, just very busy so not that much :s Also started a new game of Final Fantasy XIII-2 because I'm bored, won't keep progress of it here though because I already completed the game once.

Dissidia Duodecim: Completed the last tale :D Feral Chaos hard? nah, tough cookie but nothing more, could've beaten him with just Kuja if I wasn't so stupid to go for ex cores because I wanted to finish him in style :p Actually, the gateway was harder than Feral Chaos >-> Does this count as Story Completion? YESSIR! finally. Besides, I'm thinking about side completions for this game such at 100% pp catalog or all accomplishments since it got all these :)

17th January

Yeah buddy, today we're making a difference. Since FF4 is pissing me off at the last moment and I am not in the mood for preperations for FF9, I decided to do a new game. The game everybody loves. Yes, I'm talking about Final Fantasy VII.

Final Fantasy VII: Tifa joined the team, that's where today ends most likely.

18th January

Final Fantasy VII: Aerith joined the party, now off to sector 7/back to Tifa. This game doesn't have that much interest for me yet, I so hope this is just my first opinion :/

19th January

Final Fantasy VII: Made it out of Midgar to the Overworld, that's quite a progress isn't it?

20th January

Final Fantasy VII:Seen Cloud's past etc., now need gil for best stuff. (I actually felt sorry for Sephiroth)

21th January

Final Fantasy VII: Ehh.... So I made it onto a cargo ship... Where the hell am I :[]???? Oh well, continueing tomorrow.

Really, I hate the Materia system so much >:L

22th January:

Final Fantasy VII: I hated today.. But oh meh, I defeated that weird Jenova/Sephiroth thing at the cargo ship.

23th January

Final Fantasy VII: Made it to corel if that was the name but I forgot :p You know, the town which has the cartride to the Gold Saucer :p. If I'm correct, that's my next destination for story progression.

24th to 26th January

Final Fantasy IX: Yeah, I can't decide what to do so I'm back to IX :3 won't take that long, I've been making preperations in the last few days and I might tackle the final boss next week. Final Fantasy IV might follow after.

27th January

Final Fantasy IX: Wow the chocobo sidequest is a really nice time distraction. Probably a second goal on this game might be getting all the chocographs. I got all the Stellazio coins already, the only thing left is to get some abilities and weapons (I'm considering to get the 99 frogs for Quina but that might take a lil while so I'll see for later.)

28th and 29th January

Final Fantasy IX: went from reef chocobo (light blue) to sky chocobo (the gold one). Which means I'm almost done with the chocobo sidequest. Getting abilities/blue and black magic is my next goal, and then off to the final boss

30th January

Final Fantasy IX: Got the last Chocographs, that's all.

Edited by metalsteelix

February 2013

1st February:

Happy February! ... What, I love this month, it's my birthday on the 12th >->

Final Fantasy IX: The end is coming closer and closer. My aim now is to get every character at level 60 (characters left: 57 Amarant and Eiko, 55 Vivi and Steiner). With the money I get (got Quina with Millionaire ability :D) I'll buy the best gear possible and the gear that got abilities I don't have yet (Though I don't believe there are alot of gear that I need because of that).

By the way, it's a bit dissapointing that I can't switch Zidane. Sure, he's a freakin badass but he's way overpowered compared to the others now :L

2nd February:

Final Fantasy IX: All my characters are level 60 now, with the exception of Quina and Zidane, those are WAAAYY overpowered. I decided to level up this high because I want to beat Necron head on, instead of using cheap tricks such as Dragon's Crest, Thievery, Frog Drop or Shock. Beaten Nova Dragon by the way, he was easssyyy.

3rd February

Final Fantasy IX: And I'm officially done with the game's story. Went faster than expected, I just went in and came out with a victory, didn't even go too prepared :D Hades was also a easy cake. Gotta admit, Trance Kuja and Necron were quite hard with their spamming attacks (flare star etc.) but with my preperations, I made them my dog. That's what I mean with preperations ^-^. I tried to take on Ozma but unfortunatly, he ko'ed me easily.

4th February to 25th February

Screwed up this month big time. I have been playing Final Fantasy but life takes sooo much time from me :/ If all daily logs go like this, I might quit the daily logs. Anyways, been Playing Dissidia Duodecim (Again) and currently grinding some levels for Zeromus in FF4CC (I've been to Zeromus already but he defeated me with ease).

Anyhow, is it just me or are all the pictures removed? I can't see my signature too strangely enough. If this is the case, I can't be bothered to get all the pictures again.

26th February

Lucky for me, the pictures are back again.

Final Fantasy IV (CC): COMPLETED! Well, destroyed Zeromus could be a better explaination but you know what I mean :p I'm currently not in the mood for the Lunar Ruins dungeon, so I might do the Interlude and the After Years first.

27th February

Final Fantasy IV (CC): Completed the interlude. No challenge at all. But damn it was hilarious AND serious at the same time. From the Deux Ex machina reference to the so called ''developers room'', this part of the game was great. Though I hate it for bringing me back to the sealed cave. again. Nah, it wasn't too terrible but the sealed cave is my less favourite stage of the game after all

28th February

Started the after years. Actually, I did a long time ago already and had Ceodore his tale completed. Now then, I started Rydia's tale and later discovered that I wasn't supposed to keep everything on 1 save data. Now, if I may ask you, what kind of Bullsh*t mechanic is that? Besides, I have read the manual again (even twice) and it didn't explain one single thing about it. Lucky for me, there was the internet before I went any further. I will do Ceodore his tale again in the future but now now, I cba to do it. I wanted to complete Rydia her tale first and as a result, I'm at the overworld now.

Edited by metalsteelix

March 2013

1st March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Almost done with Rydia's story, but I'm stuck at Titan currently. And I don't want to go grinding again :'[ Also, I heard there was a possibility for me to go into the Sylph Cave. How was I supposed to know, that place would easily be your grave in the original game >->

2nd March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Defeated Titan and completed Rydia's tale. Damn, that boss was harder than I expected. I'm going to start Yang's tale tomorrow. I also heard once you complete a tale you can go back and play some challenge dungeons. I haven't tried them out yet though, only rydia's but then I saw it was a dungeon full of trapdoors so I quitted immediately.

3rd March

Final Fantasy IV the After years: Seriously, what with this game and putting quite difficult bosses at the end of the tale? The adamantortoise is annoying, like having 2 times to attack in 1 reload turn of Yang/Ursula. And yes, those attacks are hard hitting. I even tried using the Hermes Sandals and the Bacchus Wine. No luck yet, will try again tomorrow

4th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Yeh I did it :3! And this boss learned me a lesson, I should try out band moves out some times. There was this band move (5 crimson star or something) that did nice damage but even slowed the adamantortoise! Thanks band moves <3

5th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Completed Palom's tale too, was really easy compared to the others. This tale actually made me like the game a bit more anyways. I began to hate it alot because of the so many random encounters, unoriginal story and bosses and the most biased bosses at the end of the tales. This one had a nice story and didn't have a unfair boss at the end. To be honest, dark elf was average difficulty and the Mysterious Girl didn't do a damn thing. Still, something bothers me. Palom turns himself to stone to save himself and the crystal. But Leonora awakened him from it. Now why couldn't Tellah (and other mages) do this in the original game? They said because it was done of their own will, but this is the same story. Headacheeeee. Now on to Edge his tale.

6th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Completed the little boy and the women their short tale in edge's story. I don't remember their names and I don't want to because I think they are stupid. Fact.

7th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Completed Edge his tale. Took longer than expected because sometimes I didn't have any idea where to go. How was I supposed to know that kid had to go frog to get past the black mage? They can cast the black magic toad after all so you wouldn't expect that he would be scared of it too. The old man his story wasn't straight forward either. Now on to porom her tale.

8th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Completed Porom's tale too! Doing 1 story a day, that's pretty well isn't it? Porom became quite well looking to be honest. Also, the story was pretty touching at the end of the tale, with the elder etc. Now on to Edward his tale, after that I only got Ceodore and Kain left before I can go on to the next section.

9th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Edward's tale wasn't exactly challenging, I don't even remember encountering a boss :o Ceodore his tale is next up. Also, I made the story progress to 60%, as I'm not aware how long the final 3 tales will take (Lunarian and the other 2)

10th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Completed Ceodore his tale. Again. Oh well, it wasn't too bad I guess. But now I remember, this tale got an ***hole as final boss too >->

11th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: NNOOOO I have to grind levels >_< Kain's tale require you to get some levels and stuff in older tales. Oh well, off to challenge dungeons then. This might be taking some days, So I'm not sure yet if I'll make daily updates until I'm done with it.

12th March to 15th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Grinding is boorrrinnng. And i couldn't stop so I'm way overlevelled again. Oh meh, and I still only did Ceodore his challenge dungeon... This is gonna take a while. Anyways, completed Kain's tale too, and I'm really curious about the Lunarian one so that one is gonna be primary for now.

16th to 19th March

Final Fantasy IV the After Years: Completed the Lunarian's tales, was pretty interesting, especially the zeromus malice fight! Now... I guess I'll have to do all the challenge dungeosn for all the characters... Oh god..

Edited by metalsteelix

• 4 months later...

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

As of now, the daily logs are no more. Why? I simply don't have time anymore.

After some searching time, I finally got a job. This means working from 8 am to 5 pm, 5 days a week. Now I understand people saying ''so, you still got the afternoons and weekends to play'' but I got way more important things to do.

I still game, how could I not, but simply not enough to still put up daily logs.

I'm thinking for an alternative, but till then, please have patience. Thank you.

For those of you who've been following my log since day 1, I'd like to thank you very much for the support. I will still complete my adventure.

That's all for today folks.