Top ten reasons Beowulf sucks -SPOILERS-

General Rebel

Top 10 reasons Beowulf SUCKS –SPOILERS-

10-Slow response gameplay – when hitting an enemy then changing to block or evade, it’s slow to respond & then you get it.

9-Button mashing. Several times with the Wolf, I was had to switch to my middle finger instead of my thumb because I was not hitting B fast enough & my thumb got sore! The wolf got away, & I had to do that part over again.

8-Level 10 auto save. I quit, then after starting up again, had to “defeat the horde” as well as the big troll –again- Why did it go back to that part?

7-After level ten, you end up on the beach, & there’s a monkey dude up there you have to beat. I played for over an hour, killing all the other monkey idiots coming from the water, & the main guy never came down. When he finally did & I killed him, there’s no auto save. WTF

6-Then the “Defend the relic” is stupid. One guy gets past & you’re screwed.

5-“Defend the Relic” After doing this & not succeeding (yes I read the posts) I quit –only to go back to level 10 –see reason number 8 above.

4-Slimy evil temptress is lame-o. What’s the point? Is she supposed to be sexy in her slime-covered nudity? Gross…

3-Killing crabs? C’mon -ties with poor game anumation-

2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.

And the number one reason this game sucks is:

The movie was lame, & you DO NOT have to make a game just because there’s a movie.

As Forest Gump said: “Stupid is as stupid does.”

Hey SMacD up - That's what makes the world a free place, you can disagree... but you don't have to slam me personally.

you said:

"Basically, it looks like you're just bitching about the game cause you suck at it."

No, I don't suck, I was annoyed.

Also:

"I pretty much disagree with every opinion you've posted here."

You CAN disagree, but I will not use this website -which I use a lot- to insult others.

I am not the only one who found this game disagreeable.

For points/achievements I will play something more fun & not annoying.

The movie was good but this game is one of the worst I have ever played. I would like to add a reason 11 to that list.

11 - This may not affect everyone but the game has the possibility of glitching and not awarding you the achievement for collecting all of the runes. To date, I have found all 15 carnal runes alongside the extra 16th rune that was posted in the collectibles guide but the game only registers me as finding 14..

Oh and the save glitch crap is total bs. I was sent back to the beginning of level 10 after quitting at the end of level 11 as well. Can't wait to get my 1000 and get this over with since the points are relatively easy in the game (in response to the guy who said if you don't like it to not play it.)

the more you play this game the more you hate it, plain and simple. I was going to play through it a second time to get the full 1000 as ivej ust recently started really caring about achievements but a quarter of the way through and one controller thrown no way. its not worth it.

• 2 months later...

10-Slow response gameplay – when hitting an enemy then changing to block or evade, it’s slow to respond & then you get it.

9-Button mashing. Several times with the Wolf, I was had to switch to my middle finger instead of my thumb because I was not hitting B fast enough & my thumb got sore! The wolf got away, & I had to do that part over again.

8-Level 10 auto save. I quit, then after starting up again, had to “defeat the horde” as well as the big troll –again- Why did it go back to that part?

7-After level ten, you end up on the beach, & there’s a monkey dude up there you have to beat. I played for over an hour, killing all the other monkey idiots coming from the water, & the main guy never came down. When he finally did & I killed him, there’s no auto save. WTF

5-“Defend the Relic” After doing this & not succeeding (yes I read the posts) I quit –only to go back to level 10 –see reason number 8 above.

4-Slimy evil temptress is lame-o. What’s the point? Is she supposed to be sexy in her slime-covered nudity? Gross…

2-The singing – it’s stupid. The song is funny once (sort of), but the concept is lame.

The movie was lame, & you DO NOT have to make a game just because there’s a movie.

U've ruined my life! i was going to buy this now im so sad! Well nt really, it sounds rubbish, ty 4 the advice, drinking now :drunk

I too, was a bit frustrated with the game when I first started playing it. I'm like that with ALL games that aren't as easy to pick up as Kung-Fu Panda, but come on this is going way over board.

10 - The reason you're not blocking the enemies strike immediately after you swing is because you probably just missed the guy and he was already in his "wind-up" stage before you even swung. So therefore He hits you before you could gain your composure and block him.

9 - I'll admit the button mashing was a pain when going for heroic. But then again I made the mistake at going for heroic on legendary. So i'm sure it was far worse for me. However, if you're in carnal mode you dont have to mash the button so fast. So the boss killed you and now you have to fight him again? That really isn't a new concept in gaming.

8 - The auto-save feature is kind of lame, but you only had to fight another troll, big deal.

7 - That part is quite easy, it doesn't deserve a following auto-save. I'm sure after you figured it out the first time it only took you 5 minutes to beat it the second time around.

6 - There are a couple different ways on getting passed that section. It takes them 7 - 8 hits to destroy the relic and it only takes you two hits to kill them. If one guy gets by, just hit him a couple times, what's the big deal?

5 - If you exit the whole game it will bring you back to the very beginning of whatever level you were on. The levels aren't that long.

4 - What?? Not even worth my time.

3 - The game has decent "anumation." The bosses look good. Yes you kill crabs. You also kill gigantic trolls, a gigantic wolf, a fire breathing dragon. What's your point?

2 - I personally like the chanting. It's not at all difficult.

1 - I enjoyed the movie thoroughly and they will forever be creating games tied to upcoming movies as long as Ubisoft is around ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The save point F***ed me over, myself. At the fire pit area (reviewer was right... WTF was behind this design?), lost Wiglaf to Carnal. After restarting, Beowulf decides to stand still and do his nails. No controller input aside from the Guide button... and nobody attacking him to try and at least kill the bastard so that it could restart. Not sure if that'd help, as the health bar wasn't present.

Too many annoyances overall to prevent this from being a good game. It's as if they had a brainstorming session, and threw everything they could in, without actually thinking of how to mess it together, nor to 'smooth' the razor-sharp edges of game design that cut you badly as a player. Good thing this is a rental. You'd have to pay me to own this one.

• 1 month later...
This game is bad...but no where near the level of badness as Leisure Suit Larry...now thats a crap game! Altho I've not played this game in a while and have been thinking about renting it again and going for the achievo's, so maybe after sometime with it again it'll rekindle my hatred.

I now will feel better about playing this game. Because, if I had to indure that POS Leisure Suit Larry for the full 1000, this should be a cake walk.

• 3 weeks later...
You must understand though, if everyone posted threads just to state their opinion on a certain game we would just be spammed by a bunch of useless threads that nobody wanted to read.

No offense, but if you don't like the game, don't play it and don't make threads on it.

You dope... opinions, positive or negative, stimulate discussion, which is the whole point of an internet forum.

I still think I will get this game. It's only about 18 AUSD, so I might as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

lol at 'top' ten. seems like u can rattle off another 30

im not playing this piece of shit not worth my time or 1000 points

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...