Onyx Medals Guide and Discussion

Nikke84

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye! I just learned that if you put your stuff on idle with a room full of bots for king of the hill, then you'll get it really fast. I had no matches done before I went to work, so I made my settings this:

Round Score Limit: 60

Rounds to Win: 1

Number of Bots: Fill

Bot Difficulty: Insane

Bleed-Out Time: 10

Friendly Fire: On

Weapon Respawn: After Use

Map Selection: Host Chooses

And with these settings, I changed my weapons all to boom shots, and left it idle from 11:15 - 6:15 and got a total of 125 matches done. Yeah, it's not as fast as I wish it could be, but it's better than nothing lol an of you want, boost battle mistress with this as well. It works plenty! And maybe some other medals as well, not too sure yet. But this is the best method I can think of right now.

I'm trying it out tonight i have 2 people in my session right now, so hopefully we will all plug in a second controller and i will post how many matches played in what time frame first thing when i wake up. If it is the speed as doing it just by yourself with a second controller, this is at least better because more people benefit out of it.

This is the first hour with 6 idle players and 2 a.i. on hardcore, tomorrow night i will be doing this with 4 idle players with everything else the exact same, then the following night i will do whichever was faster with bots on insane, so by thursday i should know which is the quickest way to idle boost wingman matches.

Rounds to win: 1

Round duration: 3 minutes

Number of bots: 2

Bot difficulty: Hardcore

Bleed-Out: 60

Weapon Respawn: after use

All weapons set to Boomshot

Checkout: 2 rounds about 5 minutes.

Sandbar: 4 rounds about 12 minutes.

Thrashball: 2 rounds about 5 minutes.

Old Town: 3 rounds about 9 minutes.

Checkout: 2 rounds about 5.5 minutes.

Thrashball: 2 rounds about 5 minutes.

Gridlock: 4 rounds about 11.5 minutes.

That is not including between round and between match time.

7 matches, 1 hour 4 minutes, I will state the overall matches/hour when i wake up.

That gridlock match was really unlucky bots had a total of like 5 suicides.

Edited by Schaafy
more info

I have a tip for you that i havn't seen mentioned yet. If you want less agressive bots, make the majority of the wapons oneshots. The bots will pick these up and carry them around, basically making them harmless untill you get very close to them, first then theyll drop it. Its especially helpful while going for leader ribbons.

Alternatively, you can give them all boomshots, and put friendly fire on. They often kill themselves and each other. This I find useful going for untouchables overnight because the small percentage of the enemy team killing themselves helps to make up for the loss of two players on my team.

Also when boosting modes like Execution offline boomshots make stalemates rarer, give you last man out medals more often and can end a game before the 1 minute timer.

Boomshots rock.

Alternatively, you can give them all boomshots, and put friendly fire on. They often kill themselves and each other. This I find useful going for untouchables overnight because the small percentage of the enemy team killing themselves helps to make up for the loss of two players on my team.

Also when boosting modes like Execution offline boomshots make stalemates rarer, give you last man out medals more often and can end a game before the 1 minute timer.

Boomshots rock.

Im not talking about idle playing. When you are actually playing, dont put more than 1-2 boomshots per map, very bad idea to let the bots run around with boomshots while your trying to farm kills and capture leaders.

Edited by Nikke84

Im not talking about idle playing. When you are actually playing, dont put more than 1-2 boomshots per map, very bad idea to let the bots run around with boomshots while your trying to farm kills and capture leaders.

Yeah I meant for idle.

Atm though i'm manually grinding Untouchables and took your advice and put one shots everywhere. Dopey bots. Cheers :)

Yeah I meant for idle.

Atm though i'm manually grinding Untouchables and took your advice and put one shots everywhere. Dopey bots. Cheers :)

haha, yeah. They look so stupid. Definitely helped me get more kills with a captive while going ffor leader captures.

So while boosting the untouchable medal with 4 other people, 5 round matches, I noticed that what order everyone was leader changed match to match, so could someone go check if the 2 controller method still works, because I think they changed how the leader is selected.

Worked fine 2,5 hours ago when i were doing it.

I'm trying to boost the last man standing ribbons.

Here what I was thinking. 2 or 3 minute matches with bots filled on insane.

Sign in a guest on my team. This makes it 5 on 3 which hopefully would let the locust overwhelm us. Then use a rubber band on the second controller so the guest always walks forward and in most cases out of the spawn so it gets killed first

Whats your guys opinion? Currently i'm getting last man standing in about 48% of my games played. Do you think having an extra AFK player on my team would increase that ?

Sign in a guest on my team. This makes it 5 on 3 which hopefully would let the locust overwhelm us. Then use a rubber band on the second controller so the guest always walks forward and in most cases out of the spawn so it gets killed first

Whats your guys opinion? Currently i'm getting last man standing in about 48% of my games played. Do you think having an extra AFK player on my team would increase that ?

I would try setting every weapon to boomshot, friendly fire on, kill off ur team, grab boomshot, suicide, repeat.

I would try setting every weapon to boomshot, friendly fire on, kill off ur team, grab boomshot, suicide, repeat.

I have every weapon on boomshot and the friendly fire on. I am not looking to play the matches to get this medal. Even though I have 1800 more to do that is still over 60 hours of gameplay killing your own team. I'd rather work on weapon kills and others.

It sounds good, but I kind of get the feeling that every now and then, the guest would probably wander into some out-of-the-way place that the opposing bots might not stumble across in a reasonable amount of time, causing you to get killed before the guest. I would imagine if the fourth bot on your team were out and actively running into danger, they'd get killed off more quickly.

So I Onyxed the Field Engineer medal twice and now there is a 2 sitting under the medal. I also got another 7500 experience the second time I got it to Onyx. Anyone know what the cap is or is there not one?

I believe it goes to a maximum of 999. I saw a video on another thread that showed all of the onyx medals that were leveled up to 999 (most likely a mod).