Good god the map is absolutely atrocious - more inside.

I never really needed to use the main map, I only used the mini-map, and went straight to each point, even when I had a segment that wasn't in the PC version.

Hilarious that the kid was raging so much about it.

I hope he is trolling or else that was the unfunniest rage quit I've seen. I know its a topic that some might agree or disagree with, but after watching the first three minutes that was just horrible, improvisation first requires some practice rather than some poorly edited yelling.

But yeah, map is a bit meh, pretend its a challenge to remember what the area looks like and explore a bit rather than running from A to B to C to A again. If they change it in Witcher 3, thats cool, else I'm happy running along as usual.

I didn't like the way maps were designed in TW2, but that's just... crazy.

I admit that I raged a bit in the dwarven town on Iorveth's path, but that's my fault: I just had to look at the damn map and realize every portion of the city was "connected". I guess Fable III and all the new RPGs spoiled us.

(Sorry for my bad english, btw.)

It's not about being spoiled, a map should be clear and easy to read. I'm not reading a map to decipher inane puzzles, I need to know where I'm going.

I've been playing rpgs for over 20 years and I've been frustrated by so many shitty maps in games that I just given up on using them.

The Witcher 2 is no exception.

I don't understand why I can't roam anywhere or each markers right next to me without taking a journey around the entire map again and again. This happens throughout and actually gets worse deeper into the game. The developers at bandai namco who are responsible for level design should be fired immediately and should never work for gaming companies again. This game could have been great, now it's just another bargain bin piece. Bandai Namco please pay attention.

It's not great but if I struggled I went on the net and found out where I needed to go within seconds.

Players shouldn't feel they need to do this ^, but I'd rather that than an hour of frustration trying to work out where to head.

They should let you quick travel to everything? It takes a small amount of thinking, games usually hold your hand so much now the game basically plays itself. I loved Skryim, but after a while it seemed I was mainly spending time looking at load screens while doing a fast travel.

Cheers.

Man, nerds are hilarious when they're having fits. I can imagine this guy fitting in real well in an asylum for people with goatees. I hope this dude's got LoL videos somewhere.

Related, though: I agree. The map is atrocious. I'm not saying they should have a Skyrim style "point there, you're done" map system but for the mini-map to not have a North indicator or for the map to be a badly drawn image you can't zoom out of without it changing to show you the whole nation you're in, quest markers that change and show up in random spots depending on where you are... that's just poor map design. Not gonna lie, I spent WAY too long running in circles in Vergen so I kinda feel this dork's pain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

god yes this map blows. at least fallout shows you which doors you need to go through. this game doesn't even do that. and there is no indicator to show if you are above or below the objective.

i also want to put on record that i hate that you can't climb or open a door when enemies are nearby. i made the mistake of stumbling into an infinite respawn room. no choice but to reload checkpoint.

and what about the lag between killing something and looting its corpse. so annoying that you have to wait 10 seconds after a kill, swinging your damn sword trying to grab something that hasn't appeared yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...