Most expensive achievement

EcT Felix

Doesn't DJ Hero have an achievement that requires you to buy a second set of the decks?

^yes, but even if we say that there isn't someone locally to do this with, an extra deck runs on ebay for less than $15. Also seen DJ Hero 2 with two turntables for less than $25, or the Renegade Edition of DJ Hero for the same price. There are other games that require extra regular controllers for achievements...(granted, extra regular controllers are more practical).

Playing Rock Band 3 last night made me realize that this would be a very spendy 1250! You need (one may have some of these items already):

Pro Guitar, RB3 or Pro Cymbal Drums, Three Microphones, RB Keyboard.

Then of course some DLC achievements (full 1000 possible without though) Yikes :eek:

I'm ashamed to admit it but I spent around $250 for all the achievements in Fallout 3 PC. A friend mailed me the game and when I went to play it, I realized that my graphics card wasn't good enough. So after paying for a new graphics card, power supply and installation I was out a good chunk of change. In retrospect, I sincerely regret dumping that much money down the tube just for 1000G :o

I'm ashamed to admit it but I spent around $250 for all the achievements in Fallout 3 PC. A friend mailed me the game and when I went to play it, I realized that my graphics card wasn't good enough. So after paying for a new graphics card, power supply and installation I was out a good chunk of change. In retrospect, I sincerely regret dumping that much money down the tube just for 1000G :o

Look at it this way, at least you have computer that is little more updated than before. Therefore, you can play other PC games on your computer without buying any other upgrades.

The Black Ops map packs for the zombie achievements. :p

Dedication right there :p.

Edited by DeekBoy

lol, to think you could've just typed "addachievement1" etc:Bounce:

Ouch, I feel your pain but you have a much improved PC now yes? I have been debating buying a new rig just to play the Half Life Anthology again. My little Acer netbook just can't hack it, it has literally almost no graphics power whatsoever.

OT: Definitely the COD: Black Ops map pack achievements for me. 1200 pts a shot and bought them to play the Zombie maps with my squad. Other than Ascension, which rocks, I honestly have to say I hate them all!! :mad:

I havent really bought anything to get any achievements other then DLC. This is all overpriced just to get more money out of us so I guess it counts. Its just mind boggling how we can spend 60 bucks on a game and then they have the adacity to charge 10 bucks, sometimes more for add-ons that sometimes arent even really worth it.

Well, I haven't got an achievement that actually cost any money (apart from the game). I haven't done any of those Live Vision ones, although I wish I did in the Rainbow Six series.

In terms of time expense, it's definitely Seriously from Gow1.

Have people forgotten about Game Room? $78 in MSP for that 1000, bare minimum. At least with the RB3 Guitar, Kinect, and XBL Vision Cam you can re-sell the items once you're done and minimize your losses... But Game Room is like setting your money on fire, then realizing the only way to cool the fire is by flushing it down the toilet. It's a giant, non-refundable turd. And let's not forget the inevitable shame associated with that turd, because any time someone sees that 1000 on your GT, they will judge you. Harshly.