Achievement Discussion

Krazie

hmm killing 7 cows like with this rank spike thing could be a idea.. at the moment im trying to kill all 3 gaints in one playthrough without going back to the village to select the levels ^^

Edit: Well beating all 3 Giants in One Session didnt work out ..

off trying to kill the funny Cow things now :D

Edited by Summtrulli

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm killing 7 cows like with this rank spike thing could be a idea.. at the moment im trying to kill all 3 gaints in one playthrough without going back to the village to select the levels ^^

Edit: Well beating all 3 Giants in One Session didnt work out ..

off trying to kill the funny Cow things now :D

Ah, damn. Well, good luck with the cows!!! At least that is much quicker to check! :)

While I am here... drink *1000* potions? Man, that could take some time... although I do really enjoy drinking the acid, very funny. :)

Well we have 6 Cows in Level 1 an now i am playing on to find Cow NR. 7 -.-

I think the Game is buggy for one reason the thing with the Air Combos and i think some Weapons are missing cause i have bought all Wishing Wells empty (yes you can buy them empty ^^) and i still dont have all the Weapons (by the way there are 5 Guns to Collect and not only the 4 that are printed in the Handbook ;) ..)

And the one with drinking 1000 Potions i'm on that one since yesterday :D

Tip: Buy thing in the Wells cause they sometimes throw out a lot of potions

Edited by Summtrulli

Well we have 6 Cows in Level 1 an now i am playing on to find Cow NR. 7 -.-

I think the Game is buggy for one reason the thing with the Air Combos and i think some Weapons are missing cause i have bought all Wishing Wells empty (yes you can buy them empty ^^) and i still dont have all the Weapons (by the way there are 5 Guns to Collect and not only the 4 that are printed in the Handbook ;) ..)

And the one with drinking 1000 Potions i'm on that one since yesterday :D

Tip: Buy thing in the Wells cause they sometimes throw out a lot of potions

Can't you just replay level 1 again for another cow? I seem to remember that cows only appear in one other level... level 5, maybe? Can't quite remember.

I was thinking some more. A whole lot of good it has done so far though. :) There are not that many enemy types in the game. Who else would Jack want to kill seven of? Lumber jacks, maybe, to stop them chopping down the beanstalk? In particiular, the ones with axes? Because I can't see what Jack would have against Gingerbread men. :) There again, why would the Emperor be after princes? Wah... :eek:

Weapons... we need to figure out this invisible sword thing. Am I right in thinking that princes only feature on level 9, or are there some in the level before that? I can only remember guards on that level, but maybe I am wrong. If princes only appear in chapter 9, then the invisible sword must be somewhere on that level.

Well, all the money I have now can go on wells as I don't need to worry about the statue anymore. :) One thing, though. Do the individual wells always give out the same items? Or do they give different items on different times through the level? Also... if you have purchased everything from every single well... you still don't have the secret well achievement?

Ah... so many questions!!! ;) We need more people playing this game... where is everybody? :)

hmm i realy have no plan on how the secret achievments work :D specialy on what weapon you should use when playing jack and try to get an achievment for him ^^

Each Well throws out diffrent stuff but it allways seems to be the same when you play a Level again..

And i think the Princes are somewhere around Level 9 cant remember if they apear in the level after that ^

hmm i realy have no plan on how the secret achievments work :D specialy on what weapon you should use when playing jack and try to get an achievment for him ^^

Each Well throws out diffrent stuff but it allways seems to be the same when you play a Level again..

And i think the Princes are somewhere around Level 9 cant remember if they apear in the level after that ^

I take it that the cow thing did not work out? :(

No princes in level 10... that is the beanstalk level, is it not?

And I am not sure... are all of the human enemies in level 9 princes, or only the blonde ones? The other guys look like they could be paiges or something?

no the cow thing didnt work out ^^ either its not the way to the achievment or i did something wrong :D

I think only the Blonde ones will count ^^

We need some answers from the Creators on how to do ... :p

Oooooh, how frustrating!!! Would make *sense* for Jack to have a 'kill 7' type secret achievement, seeing as how all of the other characters do. Is really hard if you need to use a particular weapon though. Is there a 'bean' weapon in the game? :)

When I get home tonight, I shall have a go myself. Maybe try to finish off the story, too. Won't have much time, though. Need the weekend... :D

I have joined just to get to the bottom of these achievements!:woop: It is worth mentioning for those who don't know that those of you going for the 1,000 potions achievement that the love potions will fully restore your health if drunk so are actually moreuseful than they appear. Anyone got any more ideas to try out yet?

thx for that one ^^

the arena achievments are realy easy :D

just push your enemy once or twice and then kill him, win the Arena and voila you got that one done ^^

But Winning 100 Arena Fights will take a while.. think im gona do that one now and while i am at that one i'll do the Strike a Pose! achievment ^^very easy done with a second controler ^^

EDIT:

See in my How to do aerial (Air) Combos? thread to see how to do these freaking Air Combos ;) Just got it done ..

EDIT #2:

Seem that the Arena is buggy.. Got around 30 Wins and in my Stats in the Town it only counts 1 Win.. so seems you have to do the 100 Wins in one go hopeing to get that achievment unlocked...

Edited by Summtrulli

Can't believe I just screwed it up for myself (will have to replay to confirm) but there is a well just before the mazes in the third world that only gives you transform potions and toads - transform a toad into a prince? Might be for Jack (that's who I'm playing with), might be general or might be nothing but will confirm if it works if one of you don't beat me to it! :)

Welcome destinee!!!

Did not manage to get the secret achievement with Jack last night. Maybe it is not a case of killing 7 things, like it is with the other characters.

On the level you go through before getting to the father giant fight (the kitchen level), did anyone else notice a chicken type thing? I went to kill it, but accidentally pushed it off the platform. Is it supposed to be a goose? There are also singing swords. I have been wrong in all of my other suppositions though, so probably best to ignore me. :)

I tried to kill the father giant with the singing sword, but I lost it half way through the fight. I think that we can definitely say now, though, that getting Jack killed by any of the giants is not an achievement. Not unless it has to be done in a very specific way. Or a set number of times.

And very well done summtrulli on the aerial combo! I could not figure it out at all... spent most of last night sending enemies up into the air! :)

thx for that one ^^

EDIT #2:

Seem that the Arena is buggy.. Got around 30 Wins and in my Stats in the Town it only counts 1 Win.. so seems you have to do the 100 Wins in one go hopeing to get that achievment unlocked...

Noticed the same thing here. Maybe you need to return to the town after every win, rather than just restarting the fight from the arena? The stats on this game seem very confusing... the money ones are very misleading as well. :(

Heys lads how did u guys get "250 kils without a weapon" my stats say i have 271 kills using "Fists" but no achievement?.....does hitting an enemy off the slide of a cliff count as a kill or not?

also how do u get 1,000,000 achievement, do i need 1m saved at one time or do i need a total of 1m as my stats say ive collected over 1m???

cheers 4 ur help =]

Heys lads how did u guys get "250 kils without a weapon" my stats say i have 271 kills using "Fists" but no achievement?.....does hitting an enemy off the slide of a cliff count as a kill or not?

also how do u get 1,000,000 achievement, do i need 1m saved at one time or do i need a total of 1m as my stats say ive collected over 1m???

cheers 4 ur help =]

Hey Skitz!

Not sure about the "no weapon" achievement, I don't have that yet. I'm sure that somebody here can help!

For the million though... when you go to the bank, you need to be looking at the "Total Savings" figure. Basically, you do not need to have the 1M on you for it to unlock, you can spend as you go along. I have noticed that some of the figures seem to get screwed (like the one which shows how much I have spent on the statue... it is under 1 million still, yet I spent at least 4 million on it!!!) The statistics do seem very buggy. Also, I think that the "Total Collected" stat includes money that you lost by getting killed or having an accident. As I say, "Total Savings" is the one to check.

If you wanna grind for money, try the level called "A Kiss Is Not Enough" on Easy. It is possible to get over 400,000 on each playthrough, as long as you are careful and don't get hit by those bloody dwarves throwing acid around!

Best of luck mate, and let us know if it still does not pop for you.