Worst Fallout ever? I think so.

I've played Fallout 1, 2, tactics, 3, and now 25 so hours into New Vegas...I want nothing more than for it to fucking END already.

First two were amazing. I loved tactics but im a fan of those types of games, so naturally its my favorite. 60 hours or more into FO3.

Why does this game just suck so much? Probably because they dumbed down exploration for casuals so much that I have encountered more invisible walls than in ANY other game ever. I just want to get to point B, but instead of letting me fucking hop a tiny hill, it wants me to walk for literal 10 minutes to get there? What...the..fuck.

I really hope this is the last Fallout unless they go back to the roots, which I'm sure could easily be done. But because it's the time of the FPS, we have to endure this bullshit? Ugh. No fucking thanks.

I was going to do a few 'save at the end' playthroughs. But apparently doing the BoS quests ruined me for doing quests for House (great idea dipshits) so now I'm stuck allying with one or just trying to take over.

Which would be fine if I didn't HAVE TO WALK AROUND A MOUNTAIN with their shitty GPS just to meet the last faction. God this is ridiculous. One of my favorite franchies over the last 10 years completely and utterly ruined in my eyes due to stupid level designing. I mean it's bad enough I have to load for 10 seconds to enter a fucking random shack, but no, to be able to say its a 40 hour game, they add invisible fucking walls (pet peeve in gaming) to EVERY rock they possibly could?

Fuck you Obsidian. Fuck you buddy.

And begin flaming. But really, your opinion only counts if youve played 1,2,tactics,3, and whatever this shitty expansion 'game' is.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so. The 12 viewers all know this game blows ass, or they thought FO3 was where it started.

The Dam battle..oh lordy dont get me started. Why am i running to no-the-fuck-where for the final battle again?

I have to kill Ceaser...yet if I need 70 speech, 2 magazines leave me 3 less than needed?

I find this hilarious. On VERY EASY some faggots punch me to death with my power armor on? Riiiiight. Cause punching someone in heavy armor is normal.

I feel very bad if you bought this. I rented it and I feel like I wasted..well I get free rentals..but I wasted 25 hours ending up in a final battle I can't complete?

Edit: 20 hours of walking*

Yeah I didn't stock up on Stimpacks...I thought the game was going to be longer. I mean they make me run from NorthEast of the map to SouthWest just to make it seem like its an in-depth game....

Ahh fuck this faggotry. Will go play The Last Story. Speak no japanese, but its way funner than 10 hours of walking.

I'm actually enjoying it. Heck, for each of the endings, I've started from the beginning each time with a totally differently spec'd character for each playthrough.

You do realize that once you discover a place, you can quickly jump back there by going to the world map. You pretty much hit most of the map on your first walk to New Vegas, so you can jump to the closest location you've already been to when heading to new places and save you a bunch of walking time.

As opposed to you, I'm having fun exploring, and the invisible walls don't bother me, but I'm used to those things from Final Fantasy which is obscene in their use of them.

For me I own Fallout 1, 2, tactics, 3, and New Vegas, and for everyone it's been fun as hell. Personally I own 3 and New Vegas for console and pc, and I still have fun on both. On PC the fun is endless due to console command, and while I don't mod on the 360 I still find something to do. I find that New Vegas was good but not as good as Fallout 3. New Vegas is another trip into the Fallout world which I love checking out the Fallout world.

Gotta agree, the first two Fallouts were the best in the series.

Oh, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (the console-only one) was... different.

But New Vegas has always felt like it should have been DLC for FO3. If they did that then it would have been the best DLC ever. As a stand-alone game. Eh, it's not that good.

First I should say I am a Fallout fan, I have liked all of them. Fallout 3 was my favorite one.

But to everyone that has said Fallout New Vegas sucks... well you are of course entitled to your opinions... But I have to say I think it is pretty fun.

I have finished it on Hardcore twice, and a one time just on normal..

I have just now deleted all my characters and plan on making a couple of new ones.

I know this game has some issues... but most games do.

Fallout New Vegas may not be as good as Fallout 3, but it does have a great deal to do, and explore.

So if you don't like it... well don't play it... lots of other games for you to play. But maybe if you just play the game for what it is and stop thinking about Fallout 3 (or the other ones) then you can enjoy the game.

NV is an excellent game. Hidden walls or not, so what? Fo3 required you to walk around in metro tunnels for 20 minutes just to come out 100 feet away from where you entered. That's more annoying to me than having to walk around a mountain.

I like Fo3, but NV, while it didn't improve on story or depth, it improved on just about everything else. The companion interface is awesome, the perks you get from them are great. The new weapons are amazing, and the faction system is a great addition.

Just like every game, there's a lot of things that you wish they had included in this game. I'm perfectly happy of overlooking them in favor of the improvements they made.

• 2 weeks later...

New Vegas definitely took a strange left turn in simplifying gameplay to gain a more general player audience. I totally understand its all about numbers of copies sold for game developers. Bugs/Glitches...Well its all about ROI for them. Fix what they can after release.

If you were a World of Warcraft player back in the classic day...damn that was worth playing. Hard as hell, no hand holding, nothing. Play the very same game today...you realize the average gamer landscape has "generation Y" itself to "I want it now, show me how to do it" mentality and developers are feeding into that.

Fallout is so over the top with game complexity and story that hardcore users, those players that have played previous releases can definitely filter out the pros/cons of developers decision to change this and that.

I have raged with this game so many times, felt the story arch was just too predictable, game bugs that are just laughable.

New Vegas improved the boring portions of Fallout 3 by optimizing the little things that made Fallout 3 monotonous. Unfortunately they dumbed down the discovery/adventure that most players enjoyed in previous releases.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is so horrid, if I werent addicted to achievements I would have put it down long ago. That said, I cant understand how people are actually buying the dlc for this garbage. New Vegas is nothing more than an unfinished and broken game. Everything that made the other Fallouts great is missing here and to be honest. I bought this on ebay... but I really feel for you if you paid full retail for this pile of steaming @#$@#...

You're continuing to play a game you don't like for achievements, yet you feel sorry for people who are playing the game because they're enjoying it... U MAD?!

The DLC has been very good so far, by the way. Very much enjoyed it myself, is that allowed? :D

You're continuing to play a game you don't like for achievements, yet you feel sorry for people who are playing the game because they're enjoying it... U MAD?!

The DLC has been very good so far, by the way. Very much enjoyed it myself, is that allowed? :D

ya why would you play the game just for achievements if you hate it that bad.... I like this game I have had no problem with it....

I only fell into the world of Fallout through FO3, and loved it.

Although New Vegas isn't as good as FO3, it's allowing me to dump another 50+ hours into a franchise I love. IMO the changes are minor, and pretty easy to overcome.

Companions are a lot better in New Vegas as well.

Waiting patiently for the DLC is go on sale:)

Companions are much better in this game, I agree. They make Deathclaws one heck of a lot easier.

While I do agree that the companion system, perks and companions themselve were, on the whole, much improved in NV, I had a much tougher time with the deathclaws in NV than I did in FO3. The dart gun and Fawkes' gatling laser made easy work of any of them I encountered in FO3, whereas NV there was no way to cripple them instantly and nobody could deal the amount of DPS that Fawkes could.

Having ED-E's lasers was a huge help and have the special rocket launcher known as Annabelle was also hugely helpful. After I got two good partners and the unique laser rifle I was able to handle Claws without having to blow myself up...well, regular claws. That fucking Legendary Deathclaw was a whore and a half to kill.