Achievement Discussion

Krazie

You could be poisoned or have contracted a disease... try taking a cure disease potion or getting a blessing from a shrine (there's one in Whiterun by the big tree and Riften, for example). That should cure it. Took me a while to work that one out :p

Thanks for the tip. I was starting to get worried when a drunk told me, You look worse than I feel. I think I will be on my way to a shrine for a blessing.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having issues getting the Snake Tongue achievement? I know that I have persuaded, bribed, and intimidated, but the achievement is not popping up for me.

EDIT: I just realized I'm having this same issue with the Artificer achievement.

Edited by Wee Dragonaut

Is anyone else having issues getting the Snake Tongue achievement? I know that I have persuaded, bribed, and intimidated, but the achievement is not popping up for me.

EDIT: I just realized I'm having this same issue with the Artificer achievement.

Were they all successful?

Persuasions, Bribes, Intimidations and Potion crafting can all fail.

Go to your stats (Start -> General Stats) and tell me what your counts are in the following:

General

-Persuasions

-Bribes

-Intimidations

Crafting

-Magic Items Made

-Weapons Made

-Armor Made

-Potions Mixed

-Poisons Mixed

Were they all successful?

Persuasions, Bribes, Intimidations and Potion crafting can all fail.

Go to your stats (Start -> General Stats) and tell me what your counts are in the following:

General

-Persuasions

-Bribes

-Intimidations

Crafting

-Magic Items Made

-Weapons Made

-Armor Made

-Potions Mixed

-Poisons Mixed

Oh, I didn't know you could check those stats! I'm so glad more games are including that feature, especially with the advent of Achievements/Trophies. I will check when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

Looks like the achievements in Skyrim will be more time consuming than Oblivion then. I think i ended up with something along the line of 65 hours completing everything. Looking back it could easily have cost me 40 more without any anger on my part, as the game was so great.

Just got to the end of the Thieves Guild Quest line where you must trade in a piece of old their armour to gain the new piece, but i can't find my last stashed piece! I may have even sold every piece without realising.

Is their literally no other way to go get it back?

If not, i'm screwed... and i really hated those side missions for each city.

EDIT:

Found my Thieves Guild Boots thankfully, on one of my mannequins in my Solitude House.

Edited by DarkCreations

• 2 weeks later...
Just got to the end of the Thieves Guild Quest line where you must trade in a piece of old their armour to gain the new piece, but i can't find my last stashed piece! I may have even sold every piece without realising.

Is their literally no other way to go get it back?

If not, i'm screwed... and i really hated those side missions for each city.

EDIT:

Found my Thieves Guild Boots thankfully, on one of my mannequins in my Solitude House.

Jammybastard :(

Having a hell of a time getting up to 100k gold. Don't get me wrong, I have probably 50k worth of inventory and enchants ready to go, but I never invested in speech perks so I'm stuck at 500-700 gold or so per merchant so it's taking forever.

I thought about just making a save with a bunch of perks saved up to get to merchant investing/bonus barter gold, but I'm almost level 50 and leveling is fairly slow. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but just as a note of caution it is a SLOW achievement to earn normally if you don't invest in speech perks.

I like the fact that Bethesda actually varied the acheivements up this time, Fallout 3 was pretty much a "finish a quest, get a cheevo" list and Oblivion was "get a promotion, here's an acheivement". I however like most ppl agree Skyrim isn't an acheivement whoring type of game, its more of an interactive experience than say an actual "game".

I'm about 80 hours in and missing... 6 achievments. Deadric artifacts, level 50, skills books, 1000 bounty and two of the brotherhood quests (which have glitched).

After I completed the main story I kinda got bored and just went acheivement hunting, because so many of my quests are messed up I can't be bothered. I'll probably hunt down a few skill books that I need, maybe get the bounty one too, and then it's time for a new character~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...