Need Help on a Mission on Veteran? Post here.

@Don Knutss: I posted the below help in another thread where the person was asking for help on the same mission.

Dude, this part of the mission took me forever to complete on Veteran. It was a huge pain in the ass. Took me hours upon hours for me to finally get it finished. Here's what I did:

The Checkpoint that you're at should start you in a greenhouse. Run out of the greenhouse and jump over the wall on the left. You should now be in a semi-enclosed building: it has no roof and only some sides. After entering this building, aim towards the barn out of the broken window, and start shooting the enemies that are storming out. Just watch out for the helicopter because it will only take him a few shots to kill you. Your team should follow you, and most of them will go slightly ahead of you. Let them do their job: they will take out a few enemies to make your work easier. Once the enemies on the ground have been killed, there should only be the helicopter left and the 2-3 guys hiding in the barn. From here, peek out of the broken window once more, this time aiming towards the chopper. Shoot the gunner; it will only take a few shots, and you will see him fall to the ground. A new gunner will be replaced by him shortly, so do not assume that you cannot be attacked by the helicopter anymore.

Sprint out of the building, towards the barn, and hug the wall next to the entrance of the barn. Your team should now be following you. Once they start following you, sprint, once again, into the corner of the barn, behind the tractor. Your team will take care of the enemies hiding in the barn. Now all you need to do is take the Javelin and shoot the helicopter down. Your first shot will not take it down, but the second will. Be patient and wait for the helicopter to come to a comfortable place for you to take it down.

I hope this helps you. This took me many tries, but with this method, it made work a lot easier. Good luck. ;)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read over and over how to beat it, but One Shot One Kill....is driving me nuts..I've tried every possible way to beat it and I can't...tried killing, tried hiding...I've got to the choppers once..got the checkpoint, but now I'm back at the first part of the last part where dude is on the hill...I hate this....I'm also stuck on the war room..but I'm gonna try and try again...

I have an easy way.

Right after the check point where the choppers are coming in and dropping guys of, I ran to the little hut to the left (not the one near the Ferris wheel) I just crouched and waited around. They will keep missing with the grenades, and since they throw a lot, no one will get near you. Sometimes 1 or 2 might come through so I picked it up and throw it away. When I crouch in there I crouch in the corner closest to the building with the swimming pool in it, and I look at the door. When your chopper comes down wait a min before they say " you have 30 seconds" than I looked up (stay in the hut) and threw some grenades near the Ferris wheel. Watch for the grenades before you run out b/c it might get you. Than I ran up to the hill grabbed the guy and ran behind the Ferris wheel. Than towards the chopper. Try it might take a couple of tries, but that was the easiest for me.

chopper kills me before i get to the barn when i rush it... any tips?

Take out all ground enemies from inside the crumbling building (through the window). The chopper won't hit you as long as you are careful. Once the ground enemies have been taken out shoot the guy manning the machine gun in the chopper. Run to the barn and shoot the guy running down the stairs (through the window) then run in and under the wooden floor area, your guys will follow you in and finish off the rest of the enemies, or you can shoot them through the floor boards.

Make sure to wait on the machine gunner in the chopper until your ready to go. He respawns quickly.

I have an easy way.

Right after the check point where the choppers are coming in and dropping guys of, I ran to the little hut to the left (not the one near the Ferris wheel) I just crouched and waited around. They will keep missing with the grenades, and since they throw a lot, no one will get near you. Sometimes 1 or 2 might come through so I picked it up and throw it away. When I crouch in there I crouch in the corner closest to the building with the swimming pool in it, and I look at the door. When your chopper comes down wait a min before they say " you have 30 seconds" than I looked up (stay in the hut) and threw some grenades near the Ferris wheel. Watch for the grenades before you run out b/c it might get you. Than I ran up to the hill grabbed the guy and ran behind the Ferris wheel. Than towards the chopper. Try it might take a couple of tries, but that was the easiest for me.

I'll give this a try as I keep surviving to when I have to get the guy but running all the way from the bumber cars to pick him up is a long way to run with all those bullets flying.

FYI, do NOT crouch in this building from the beginning, yes you can do this and you'll most likely survive until it's time to run out and grab the guy, but if you die, which you probably will, you will not get the checkpoint when the enemy choppers arrive if your hiding in this building at the time and you'll have to start from the beginning. So survive until the enemy choppers and that checkpoint, then run and hide :)

Another note for everyone. If your going to go behind the bumper cars, make sure you lie down and watch the area where the enemy can run around to shoot you. You'll see their feet coming at you before they are close and can aim your gun and just wait. Also, sometimes enemies will stand on the opposite side of the bumper cars, you can shoot their legs, they'll fall and then put another bullet in them to finish them off. This will help make sure you don't have 1,000 enemies waiting for you to stand when the chopper arrives.

I'll give this a try as I keep surviving to when I have to get the guy but running all the way from the bumber cars to pick him up is a long way to run with all those bullets flying.

FYI, do NOT crouch in this building from the beginning, yes you can do this and you'll most likely survive until it's time to run out and grab the guy, but if you die, which you probably will, you will not get the checkpoint when the enemy choppers arrive if your hiding in this building at the time and you'll have to start from the beginning. So survive until the enemy choppers and that checkpoint, then run and hide :)

Your right about the check points. If you die you have to wait for the chopper again. I did it twice and the 2nd time I ran out there was nobody near, so it was easy to grab the guy and run to the chopper. Maybe I got a bit lucky.

I'm losing it, I've been trying to beat this damn ferris wheel for 3 hours now and can't do it. Every time I get to when I have to carry the captain to the chopper I can get to him, but always die on my way to the chopper...

EDIT: FINALLY got it. Got to the chopper with him then couldn't get in because all the guys blocking my way, kept getting shot, but eventually squeezed my way on. Wheeeew

I need a lot of help. I got problems with No Fighting in the War room. Literally right when I entire the shower area and walk out no matter which way i go left or right i die within 10 seconds!!

Also, "One Shot, One Kill" this is the only mission I couldnt beat on hardned and now that im doing veteran HOW DO I BEAT IT! I cant even get passed the first wave of guys?!?!?

EDIT: Noob question since I don't do this a lot, but plan on getting more into it. How do i get a cool icon and signature showing my gamertag stats?

I need a lot of help. I got problems with No Fighting in the War room. Literally right when I entire the shower area and walk out no matter which way i go left or right i die within 10 seconds!!

Also, "One Shot, One Kill" this is the only mission I couldnt beat on hardned and now that im doing veteran HOW DO I BEAT IT! I cant even get passed the first wave of guys?!?!?

EDIT: Noob question since I don't do this a lot, but plan on getting more into it. How do i get a cool icon and signature showing my gamertag stats?

Are you doing two veteran missions at a time?

ok on one shot one kill all you have to do is set some c4 around the ferris wheel on the side where the enemies come in and place all your claymores around the middle. then go into the Ticket Booth near the bumper cars and go prone. They'll throw a ton of grenades at you put stay in the far end and move away from them.( dont go near the door that's where most the 'nades blow up + there is a terrorist on the ferris wheel)

ok, i'mstuck on the part in no fighting in the war room where you go down the stairs and enter a long hallway i have 8 minutes when i enter this room so i know i have a little time to spare. I go dow the left cooridor and kill al the terorists til i get to the end but by then all my npc's are at the beginning and the terrorists storm me... any help?:confused:

One Shot Kill I Need Help With

we would be able to help you better if you gave us a discription with what part.

if you are stuck in the beginning then go towards the right and towards the the bushes. then run between the buses and make a run for the apartments. dont bother shooting.

if you are stuck at the end go behind the bumper cars and go behind a tree that is shaped like the letter V. Go prone there and snipe everybody.

you no somethin im stuck on this exact same spot iv blown all 4 tanks up but i just cant escape i kill everyone in the barn on the righthand side i run out come up to a little tunnel u can crawl under but i just get killed wen i try to carry on down, does anyone no a easy way to do this

you gotta make a zigzag pattern. kill the guys that go through the barn on the right, then, just avoid the large groups of baddies. it might take you a few trys, but you'll get it eventually.don't try fighting, they'll swarmyou instantly.:boom

It may have already been asked but on hunted, i can get to the barn without the heliopter shooting me down but then once i get inside i get killed by the guys in the barn so any strategies for clearing them out? i threw a grenade up the stairs but it still doesnt work?

Kill the first guy running down the stairs from the window. Then run in and immediately under the floorboards. Your team will follow you in and finish them off. You can also shoot them through the floorboards.

One Shot Kill I Need Help With

As previous poster said, description would be useful.

For anyone stuck on the Ferris wheel this is a tried and tested method I posted in another thread.

I'e had messages from 2 XBOX users over the weekend saying it worked for them. It got me thorugh it and was relatively painless (after weeks of frustration)

Hope it helps:

The only method I found (and tweaked to my own ends) was when the helicopters are dropping the new blokes off, while this is going on place a C4 on every car in the centre circle bit (you only need to do the middle one of the group of three - if you have your back to the ferris wheel these are NWest of your position.)

Go into the little ticket office (right in front of Macmillans drop point.) Ensure you've put a C4 on the car here too, If you have any claymores left put a couple in front of the ticket booth door and dot whatever you have left round in the centre area too and if you have time.

Go prone in the ticket office and ensure you aren't right under the desk as other guides suggest. I found I'd get grenaded. I went prone and moved the opposite way if a grenade indicator came on the screen but still faced the door. Flash bangs are fine. If you see one come in, kneel and throw it out. If you don't you sometimes can't move enough to return them.

I had three or four come in as they won't kill you but if you get the positioning right you can just bung them back out if a proper grenade comes in. Toss the odd grenade out of the window to the right of the door if you like as well to keep them at bay (kneeling is best for this). I think I shot one bloke who actually came in.

As soon as the helicopter says go, from prone kneel instead, detonate the C4 (this causes huge expolsions all round the ferris wheel) get up and run as quickly as possible by legging it out of the ticket office to the left, grab macmillan (anyone between you and him will be blown up by the C4 you left on the car near him). It will give you a few good seconds without gunfire ringing in your ears and get in the helicopter. The team in the helicopter picked up any stragglers while I was carrying him. Still took a couple of goes as i got hit by some grenades whilst prone in the Booth but I'd tried everything for three weeks and must have had 60+ goes. Behind the dodgems didn't work for me, prone or not.

Some may say this is cheating but hey, it got me past a very annoying bit that I simply couldn't do (I could survive but could never be close enough to pick him up AND get to the helicopter. It simply allowed me to continue enjoying the rest of the game.

Hope that helps you.

M

The NexGenWalkthrough vids can't load for me so I am without luck, anyone have a fast way to beat the area after the first flight of stairs in No fighting in the war room? I can get passed it but I can only do it with 4 minutes left and that doesn't seem like enough time.

Beat it, and in doing so got 1000\1000 :)