Disc issue

lizard9979

Has anyone had an issue with discs that are in perfect condition not work? Our copy of assasin's creed is perfect, no scratched, no oil on it, nothing. But when I put it in any of our three consoles it does not work.

Any ideas?

I was under the impression that the blue ray games were much more durable. Boo. :(

Has anyone had an issue with discs that are in perfect condition not work? Our copy of assasin's creed is perfect, no scratched, no oil on it, nothing. But when I put it in any of our three consoles it does not work.

Any ideas?

I was under the impression that the blue ray games were much more durable. Boo. :(

Are you part of the Dashboard Beta?

If so, it's a known issue. You have to hard reset your console, if that doesn't work then you have to remove your secondary MAC address and reboot.

happens to me when I change the disc a cold restart of the Xbox should fix it

the reason for this happening is most likely your in the beta program as asked before this comment and will be fixed in an up coming update that's why they have beta's :)

2x Cold restart yesterday and it didn't help. I held down the power button on the console that's cold restart yes? or unplug power cable too?

2x Cold restart yesterday and it didn't help. I held down the power button on the console that's cold restart yes? or unplug power cable too?
I didn't unplug mine its only been unplugged once since I got it on day one. but its weird how it's not working but I know it's not a broken disc drive since it's happening to beta user's

some people may have to wait until the full update or another preview update might fix it guess we should be happy it's not our Xbox's

I didn't unplug mine its only been unplugged once since I got it on day one. but its weird how it's not working but I know it's not a broken disc drive since it's happening to beta user's

some people may have to wait until the full update or another preview update might fix it guess we should be happy it's not our Xbox's

Yeah same here only once. Other problems fixed by holding the Xbox button. Guess I'll wait for the full update. Everything works fine today though.

Yeah same here only once. Other problems fixed by holding the Xbox button. Guess I'll wait for the full update. Everything works fine today though.

I've had the same issues a couple times since the last preview update. I have had to factory reset and hold down power button reset. It's a persistent problem for sure.

Any ideas?

Yes the same problem with my Battlefield 4 copy. Not a single scratch and I'm part of the dashboard-beta program.

Are you part of the Dashboard Beta?

If so, it's a known issue. You have to hard reset your console, if that doesn't work then you have to remove your secondary MAC address and reboot.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. Same issue happened with titanfall today. I wonder how a MAC address is glitching a disc reader? I am in the beta so I guess that is it.

It took the clearing the MAC address to get it working. Thanks for the help!!

Edited by lizard9979

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. Same issue happened with titanfall today. I wonder how a MAC address is glitching a disc reader? I am in the beta so I guess that is it.

It took the clearing the MAC address to get it working. Thanks for the help!!

Awesome, glad I could help.

I have no idea why/how a MAC address would screw that up... but a fix is a fix. :woop: