Reviews??

Minty

I've played through this game 3 times. Although it is very linear, it is a great game and the achievements will keep you going back through the chapters etc. The storyline is gripping, atmospheric and intriguing. Its the perfect thriller and keeps you on the edge of your seat right up to the last scene. The graphics are solid, but the game doesnt come without a few glitches, although to be honest you may not even notice or get the glitches yourself. Unlike most games I have played in the past, the voice acting and general sound effects are absolutely spot on and its this sort of quality that make the game what it is. In my opinion its one of the better horror games Ive played to date and well worth the time and investment.

After you beat the game can you go back and replay any level to get achievements? Like say you are on level 9 but you missed something on level 7 can you just go to a menu, choose level 7 and go?

yes, but there are a couple of achievements that you must play the game all the way through in one sitting to get (golden bird award, and while they aren't actually achievements, all the reports other than the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (I forgot their names))

I give this game a thumbs up. Ive never been freaked out by a game b4, but this one had my jumping at least once per level. Dont know if I would buy it, but if I did I would be pissed about it. I'm about 1/2 way done from on good sitting (maybe 3-4 hours). Fun game though.

Worth buying IF you're hardcore into it. Don't expect to get a ton of replay value out of it after the first few times playing through it. But on that note, you are right. It's a borderline buyer.

Worth playing...

The Good: First-person hand-to-hand combat looks completely insane; compelling premise puts you on the trail of a deranged serial killer; morbidly unsettling atmosphere (in a good way!); excellent presentation.

The Bad: Boring level design makes you get lost in hallway after hallway; not much depth or variety to the combat after the first few hours; storyline teases more than it delivers.

really looking forward to it. how longs it gonna take to go through?

A couple of days if you investigate and try to find the items. 7-9 hrs. if you blaze through it.

Still as I said before, it's worth it, if you want to know anything else in depth, I wrote a full review on this game after my experience with it. Just let me know. Hope this helps... :)

-Brian

• 3 weeks later...

My post that I said I would be pissed if I bought it, it was a typo I meant to say I would not be hehe (edited.) I would say if you have any interest in scary games or movies etc play this game. Solid game I do agree combat gets a little boring after the first few hours, but it will scare the shit out of you all the way through.