Can you get Microsoft achievements on Steam?

fuzzy343

PC games on this list will allow you to log into your live account and add to your gamerscore

steam achievements are separate and don't add to gamerscore it would be nice to see support for live achievements added to these games... and have them retroactively add achievements you already earned but that is very unlikely

• 1 year later...
Is it possible to get gamerscore for Left for Dead 2 if it was downloaded via steam? There's nowhere for me to login using games for Windows Live which is why I am wondering.

L4D2 PC is not a GFWL title and does not give you achievements.

All games with 1000+ gamerscore that are listed in the PC Achievements section of this site available on Steam will give you gamerscore for your MS Live gamertag. The only exception is Dark Void which must be bought from marketplace.gamesforwindows.com to gain achievements on it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for awakening this from the dead, didn't want to start new one thread.

Will the achievements of a game that is on Xbox 360 and Steam get synced ?

**For example; I purchase Fallout 3 on Steam (I don't have it on 360.) If I unlocked achievements, will they get transferred to my Xbox 360 gamer profile?

I know the answer is here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

PC and XBOX achievements are logged separately. You could get the points for PC and also get the points for XBOX. It will list the game twice in your profile, once with the XBOX case and another with the GFWL box.

Sorry for awakening this from the dead, didn't want to start new one thread.

Will the achievements of a game that is on Xbox 360 and Steam get synced ?

**For example; I purchase Fallout 3 on Steam (I don't have it on 360.) If I unlocked achievements, will they get transferred to my Xbox 360 gamer profile?

I know the answer is here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

PC and XBOX achievements are logged separately. You could get the points for PC and also get the points for XBOX. It will list the game twice in your profile, once with the XBOX case and another with the GFWL box.

Yep. Go here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31059

That lists the GFWL games and I believe the games with a '*' indicate a shared achievement list (second post has the game list).

However (kinda off topic), for your example (Fallout 3) the achievements could be 'stacked' for more gamerscore. Thus, you could play the PC version since you don't have it for 360, but if you did get it for 360 it'd be a whole new game....achievement-wise.

Edited by Deific Aberrant

I see, so only the achievements scores are added to your total gamerscore, but the achievements themselves remain locked on the other platform (Only very few games that automatically unlock the other platform achievements when synced) Thanks for the clarification. :]

• 1 month later...