Games on Demand version come with American McGee's Alice?

Soralinkyuna

I am pretty sure (around 85%) that you will still have to buy AM:A. That is how Microsoft will milk you for some money. I think that you will have to pay for the expansion since they are listed as different things, and I have NEVER experienced a moment on XBL where you can download 2 things for the price of one.

As in, downloading it from the server? If so, that answers the question, it seems GoD gives you American McGee's Alice. Good for Microsoft!

Yeah, I downloaded it right from the server. I didn't even realize that you could purchase the DLC separately, so I'm quite surprised that both were included within that $40.

my suggestion would be buying the hard copy, you have to buy the dlc either way. might buy this game the old lady is really interested in it.

But you don't have to buy the DLC either way. I purchased it for $40 right from the Xbox, and the DLC was included in that.

• 2 months later...
sells for $30 or 2400 MSP now. I think I'll wait till it drops to $20. Btw, does the Alice in wonderland game come with separate cheevos?

Yes and no. American McGee's Alice has 100 points worth of achievements but they're included in the overall 1000 GS for Alice: Madness Returns. Alice: Madness Returns only has 900 GS.

Yes and no. American McGee's Alice has 100 points worth of achievements but they're included in the overall 1000 GS for Alice: Madness Returns. Alice: Madness Returns only has 900 GS.

wtf? thought companies weren't allowed to include original cheevos for DLC?

wtf? thought companies weren't allowed to include original cheevos for DLC?

They got around it by including it with the original game if you purchased it. I believe you got a code or something. I never purchased a retail version so I'm not 100% sure about it but I remember my brother saying that he got American McGee's Alice with Alice: Madness Returns.

They got around it by including it with the original game if you purchased it. I believe you got a code or something. I never purchased a retail version so I'm not 100% sure about it but I remember my brother saying that he got American McGee's Alice with Alice: Madness Returns.

Yeah, but all other games that include "DLC" with a new copy have made that extend beyond the original 1000 like ME2, Batman AC, etc...

• 1 month later...

The game is $20(Walmart) here in the US now.Ea only structured the achievements like this to combat used game sales.Its a clever work-around of Microsofts rules.I was going to buy it new anyways, so no biggie.Cant wait to play it.

So's it's clear:

American McGee's Alice is included with the Games on Demand version of Madness Returns. It does not require the additional download from the Marketplace - it's a part of the GoD download, and can be accessed from the main menu.

Also, this game is awesome sauce.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It certainly does NOT come with the dlc on GoD. It made me shell out the extra $10 to play the original game. :/

Well... that answers a question I had about the DLC! Be thankful you were able to GET the DLC... because it was FIRST announced it was FREE (May 30, 2013) - then it was pulled from the Xbox Marketplace - on the same day, apparently!

I hate it when DLC gets pulled (especially when there's no notice that it will be pulled). It's one thing, that EA announces it is shutting down online servers for a game... but it's a much bigger deal, when they pull DLC - and they don't even give a heads-up about it!!

I've already gotten the DLC (it came with my new copy of the game, as a download), but I feel for the people who get the game used, or as YOU stated... the GoD version no longer has the DLC with it, and is now no longer available for purchase.

I would assume a "new" copy of the game that has the DLC code, will still allow you to download the DLC, since that is considered "paid for" with the retail disc version of the game. :confused: