My character just got deleted

jackass2911

So I'm on my way to kill bloodying on my second play-through and after getting killed my Xbox froze, after resetting it my lv 43assassin wasn't on my character selection screen, the save for him is gone too. I've not got any modded weapons and the only person I've played this game with is my gf who also ha no modded weapons.

Is there any way of me getting my toon back or do I need to start all over again???

If you don't have a back up of your save then you're probably screwed unless it magically comes back for some reason. Are your BA stats balanced? Like do you have any stats that you haven't put any points into or any that are a lot lower % than your other ones. This has been happening to a lot of people when their BA stats aren't balanced. I didn't have any points in grenade or melee damage and my game started freezing on loading screens a lot. Luckily I didn't lose my save but a friend helped me out last night to get those two stats up to 6% where all my other ones are around 10% and the freezing stopped.

The game has been really buggy after their updates. It has frozen several times on me and caused me to lose several characters.

I wouldn't have made too much of a difference since I had a back up of my main. They others were just canon fodder for building up my badass rank.

Now the newest updates resets you badass ranks. Now you have to go and replay all you characters. This is so the game can check sum the characters badass ranks earned versus the total your have. The idea, I guess, is to deter hackers from increasing their badass ranks without earning them.

We won't be able to get those ranks back.

A couple of weeks ago, I fired up the game and it reset my Badass ranks after downloading a 3MB update. At the time, the other two people I was playing with did not have to DL the update.

From then on, whenever I fire up the game, I have to DL a 3MB update. Every. Single. Time.

Anyone else getting this?

I've backed-up my saves in case it starts deleting characters like the OP.

It seems that with every major glitch this game has, it makes my interest for it fade more and more. Get your shit together, Gearbox, or you're gonna lose a LOT of fans.

Oh, it's way too late for that shit.

I know at least Walter White and I have downgraded Gearbox quite heavily after all of these shenanigans. And we're just a very vocal minority here on this site.

Among other things that I won't go into here, they've also made me want to avoid Aliens: Colonial Marines because I don't feel like giving Gearbox any more money.

I know at least Walter White and I have downgraded Gearbox quite heavily after all of these shenanigans. And we're just a very vocal minority here on this site.

Among other things that I won't go into here, they've also made me want to avoid Aliens: Colonial Marines because I don't feel like giving Gearbox any more money.

Haha, I think I've pissed and moaned enough for ten users. :)

Ahh that sucks! So my assassin is just gone!!! Fs, this sucks so much, my plan was to finish my second play and hit 50 before doing the expansions, at least I have another toon at 34 but its only being played when both me and my gf wanna play, looks like I gotta start again hahaha fml!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies,

Meh, I could care less about Aliens: Colonial Marines. I just want to get back to playing Borderlands 2. But it seems every time I get on here, someone brings ups something that makes me think twice about starting up Borderlands 2. I'll say this right now: If I start up BL2 and my Badass Rank gets reset again, or worse, if my save data gets corrupted, then I refuse to play BL2 any longer. I've been a loyal Borderlands fan up until this point. Gearbox is gonna have to do a LOT to win me back.