Is Titanfall going to be a Ghost Killer?

Onyx Destiny

Which will you be buying Titanfall or Ghosts?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which will you be buying Titanfall or Ghosts?

• Titanfall
    • Ghosts
    • Both

With all the hype for these two big blockbuster titles and the releases just around the corner, i am wondering what game will be getting and why?

Personally i will be getting both, but i am most excited for Titanfall, with watching trailers and gameplay for both games i can see myself personally enjoying titanfall a lot more although i have been a big CoD player over these past few years.

And Titanfall doesn't look that special. Everyone who has a boner for the mechs and parkour is overhyping it.

Or they just think it looks cool and will be super fun to play with friends? I have a friend who always shits on "cool" and "popular" things just so he can seem superior (not saying you always do this like he does, but you seem to be in this instance) and I don't get it. People like what they like. I think COD is boring as hell, but I won't criticize people for enjoying it.

OP: For one thing, these are very different games. For another, they come out 3-4 months apart ("spring" is still vague for its release). Likely most people will be well done with Ghosts by the time Titanfall is available.

Or they just think it looks cool and will be super fun to play with friends? I have a friend who always shits on "cool" and "popular" things just so he can seem superior (not saying you always do this like he does, but you seem to be in this instance) and I don't get it. People like what they like. I think COD is boring as hell, but I won't criticize people for enjoying it.

OP: For one thing, these are very different games. For another, they come out 3-4 months apart ("spring" is still vague for its release). Likely most people will be well done with Ghosts by the time Titanfall is available.

Don't get me wrong, I respect people's opinions about this game, but I just cannot get behind the hype. At all. I am definitely not shitting on this game just because its popular and I'm not criticizing anyone who is buying it. I just don't understand the hype. That's it.

All I know is that I will not be purchasing either.

Don't get me wrong, I respect people's opinions about this game, but I just cannot get behind the hype. At all. I am definitely not shitting on this game just because its popular and I'm not criticizing anyone who is buying it. I just don't understand the hype. That's it.

All I know is that I will not be purchasing either.

Just out of curiosity, why post around on the TitanFall forums if you have no intention of getting it? :D

OT: Getting both. Definitely looking more fwd to TitanFall though. I am sure I will enjoy both.

Edited by Solar Archon

You know... I sometimes avoid things that might be "cool" or "popular" and I can admit that. Some things lose their appeal to me when they have a mass following for some reason, it can happen. But I've always felt like video games are the one entertainment medium where that rule just doesn't apply. Cool and popular have stood the test of time when it comes to video games, and for good reason. The cool and popular games are usually the most fun, which is why they're popular.

This non-existant social sect didn't even exist in gaming before the internet gave every moron with an internet connection and a keyboard a voice. We've replaced enjoying something because it's genuinely fun by hurling insults like fanboy at each other. Oh, you like something? Fucking fanboy. It's pathetic really.

Remember fun? It was fun.

Just out of curiosity, why post around on the TitanFall forums if you have no intention of getting it? :D

OT: Getting both. Definitely looking more fwd to TitanFall though. I am sure I will enjoy both.

Well, my original post in this thread was made because I was under the "New Posts" and saw this thread came up. Also, even though I do not plan on getting the game, I would still like to follow discussions of it, as I do with almost every game. My intent on my original reply here was not to piss anyone off. Just voicing opinion/choice.

Edited by BiggD

And Titanfall doesn't look that special. Everyone who has a boner for the mechs and parkour is overhyping it.

This is harsh wording for someone who just wants to discuss/follow the game. The game looks pretty fucking sweet in my book, and very unique, and I'm excited to rock it out with my group. Why do I have to "have a boner" or be overhyping? I can't just be excited about what I'm excited about?

The real question is why are you underhyping it? :p

i honestly can say i don't know how Titanfall will do. it seems to have a lot of pros and cons that could make it topple CoD, but then again it might not. for example, no fucking single player; that puts me off it right away, but will attract lots of hardcore multiplayer fans.

after the initial reveal, my thought was that it looked great and would be a day one. but thinking about it more and seeing more footage, it doesn't stand up to the initial hype. it seems more and more just like CoD with robots (mechs, whatever).

But lets face it, if there is one thing a kids loves more than guns, it fucking giant robots with guns!

Edited by Emperor 95

i honestly can say i don't know how Titanfall will do. it seems to have a lot of pros and cons that could make it topple CoD, but then again it might not. for example, no fucking single player; that puts me off it right away, but will attract lots of hardcore multiplayer fans.

after the initial reveal, my thought was that it looked great and would be a day one. but thinking about it more and seeing more footage, it doesn't stand up to the initial hype. it seems more and more just like CoD with robots (mechs, whatever).

But lets face it, if there is one thing a kids loves more than guns, it fucking giant robots with guns!

Not just kids love giant robots. :D Although it shares some similarities with COD I think you're putting it off a little too quickly. I am sure when more and more info is released you will change your mind :)

I don't think it will be a Call of Duty killer, but it will probably be a pretty great new game.

Not just kids love giant robots. :D Although it shares some similarities with COD I think you're putting it off a little too quickly. I am sure when more and more info is released you will change your mind :)

I don't think it will be a Call of Duty killer, but it will probably be a pretty great new game.

you're right! chances are i will change my mind in the future. im not putting it off, per se, just not getting caught up on the hype train! :) im a skeptic and not a massive fan of "twitch shooters" (and ive read i preview describing it as very twitchy, cant remember which one). its just hard to judge a game so heavily orientated around multiplayer; as a major factor is the community, and being a new IP, there isn't one yet.

dont get me wrong, it looks bombastic :p and could be crazy fun. its definitely on my 'radar' but there are others that i am more excited about, a la Witcher 3 :dance:

Edited by Emperor 95

This is harsh wording for someone who just wants to discuss/follow the game. The game looks pretty fucking sweet in my book, and very unique, and I'm excited to rock it out with my group. Why do I have to "have a boner" or be overhyping? I can't just be excited about what I'm excited about?

The real question is why are you underhyping it? :p

Perhaps I came off too vulgar and immature at first. As I said, my intent was not to piss anyone who is looking forward to this off.

I think the real reason is - and my god I can't believe I am admitting this - I haven't had fun on a Multiplayer game since Modern Warfare in 2008 so I'm super, super hesitant of spending $60 on a game that is only Multiplayer.

Perhaps I came off too vulgar and immature at first. As I said, my intent was not to piss anyone who is looking forward to this off.

I think the real reason is - and my god I can't believe I am admitting this - I haven't had fun on a Multiplayer game since Modern Warfare in 2008 so I'm super, super hesitant of spending $60 on a game that is only Multiplayer.

So rent it. lol :p

The fact that you havent had fun in a multiplayer game since COD4, is the reason you should have a little hope in Titan Fall; its made by the same people. COD2 & COD4 are two of the best multiplayer games I have played and they provided hours of fun and made me a fan. Me and my friends have been waiting for Respawn to come back and show us what they wanted to make.

Im not saying its going to kill COD but I think it will be a nice option out there for people who are looking for a FPS multiplayer thats not COD.

The fact that you havent had fun in a multiplayer game since COD4, is the reason you should have a little hope in Titan Fall; its made by the same people. COD2 & COD4 are two of the best multiplayer games I have played and they provided hours of fun and made me a fan. Me and my friends have been waiting for Respawn to come back and show us what they wanted to make.

Im not saying its going to kill COD but I think it will be a nice option out there for people who are looking for a FPS multiplayer thats not COD.

Eh, to each their own. Yes, it's made by the same team who brought me 35+ days of game time on Call of Duty 4, but I'm still going to pass.