Difficult Tree?

Is it me or does the upgrade/buy tree seem confusing? Where do i buy heavy tanks or artillery? When I follow the tree I seem to only buy light tanks. When I click on "buy heavy tank' it takes me back to the light tank tree. Does that mean that I have to buy 45 light tanks before I can get a Heavy? What am I missing here?

You have to research the heavy tanks ("///" symbol) first. For the germans it is the second row from the bottom (starts with light, then medium and at tier 5 (iirc) the heavies. Artillery is a square and Germany and USA can get it right from the start. Brits only got 2 rows of tanks. Look at the symbols and decide which tree you want to research.

SPG's or artlillery is the top line on the tech tree. HT don't start until tier 5 on the British tree "Churchill I". Tiger 1 on the German tree at tier 7 and T1HT at tier 5 for the US. Most tanks at tier 1 to 4 are mediums or lights before that so you don't get to much at once with classes and such.

If you have anything questions left unanswered related to the tech tree. The WOT 360 page got a tank wikopedia. And there are plenty of WOT wiki pages around to explain the rest. As the difference between PC and 360 is only at the tech tree and the way you research it. Everything else is much the same so PC sites can help to.

The inventory management system is, from what I've seen, different and better on the PC.

It seems as though on the PC you can buy individual components to mix and match between compatible tank types, where-as you're stuck with tank packages for that tank only on the 360.

If that's true, I wonder if wargaming.net will implement this and the crew system sometime in the future or if they'll keep it this way for the 360?

The inventory management system is, from what I've seen, different and better on the PC.

It seems as though on the PC you can buy individual components to mix and match between compatible tank types, where-as you're stuck with tank packages for that tank only on the 360.

If that's true, I wonder if wargaming.net will implement this and the crew system sometime in the future or if they'll keep it this way for the 360?

Well yeah. The thing that really annoys me here is I can not use the top turret with the gun I would like on most tanks. Like the Matilda. Armor is the same, but view range and turn rate is faster. And I would like that, but not with the Howitzer. And if you have elited the tank before. Some of the guns are ofc on the next tank. But if the tracks or engine is in the first package. You still need to research it so you get stuck with the lesser gun for a bit before you get the last gun you had on the last tank. But like the M3 stuart. If its just the gun form the last tank. Then you can upgrade right away. Its a bit off.

I guess its done like that to make it easier to understand for most. But I would still like to have the option to fit what ever I want to it.

And I do hope they add crew skills later. Scouting with no camo or recon skills is not easy at times.

The package system is how it will be on 360, there wont be the individual modules as seen on the pc version, its supposed to make the game more accessible for the average console gamer.

The majority of the people on the official WoT360 forums have campaigned long and hard to get it changed but it appears exceedingly unlikely that it'll happen.

It's kind of being similiar but the packages remains. If I have the components included in the package, I can research it for free. I'm not sure about paying the silver though.