Last Challenge Question

DJH4311

The Descent is frustrating... annoying at most lol.

I've got a rough idea on how to do the level properly, but it is taking a while to come together.

When I first tried the level, I was able to secure the first two villages, with the two banners, but the third went under after the Tsunami pinned my villagers in. I must have spent 30-40 minutes slowly digging the damn things out of their water pits. Slowly raising them up above the water, using the lava to build a small island chain around them so I could funnel out the water. During those minutes the volcano, rather nicely, had flowed over to where the final totem was situated, and raised it back up the now sky top surface I was playing on. Add 10 minute more as I redirected and locked down the volcano, setting all the remaining lava with water and earth. A job well done, a new island literally risen from the watery remains of the old, I sent my tribes people to claim the last village.

They arrived, created the last village I needed...

Challenge Failed.....

FUUUUUU!!!!!

Seriously, what the hell? It says save the villages, but it doesn't say how!

lol, ah well. Any one else had that?

Guess I'll have to do it the normal way :p

same thing happened to me with the final village spent about 20 minites pushing the people through the ocean just to get a fail message.

Finaly managed it though it was ridiculosly close. This is what I did though it may not be a perfect stratagey

1. move the origanal village inbetween the lava and water protection but nearer to the lava power ( You will have to use infinite earth to protect the first site from flooding while it moves

2. as soon as the village is built order the cap of the next village and the two powers. while this happens fill in the gap in the island for acsess to the rest of the island.

3. As soon as the 2nd village is biult order a move comand right next to the bottom of the mountain. If things go right the defences should be ready before the water rises blocking of the land though this process can be slowed with infinite earth

4. While waiting for the power ups you should have sent people from the relocated 2nd village to capture the last village. after this it is just a case of wether the powers can make it to the top before the tidal wave. If the powers make it in time sit back and wait for the completion screen

This stratagey is not perfect but it worked okay for me

p.s still bad how it dosent end when you lose one

If you just wait for the final 2 powers to be carried around mountain to the top, you might be at it a while and many attempts. After my second I decided to build up a large slope with "infinite earth" between village 2 and 3. By doing this it allowed the powers to walk directly up the hill before water even got close to them. Got it my first attempt once I started creating a more direct path for them.

Infinite Earth ftw

I actually did this without resorting to cutting corners.

Simply send everyone to everything ASAP. Send the Men to the other Totem and both Music as soon as you begin.

Use Infinite Earth to raise the first Village so it survives the Tsunami and then build a little path to the right with Earth over the rocks as a shortcut to Village 2 for the Music to be transported. As soon as Village 2 is built, send your Men to build Village 3 and use Inifinite Earth to cover the crack. Then simply wait.

I found this quite simple and the only "trick" needed was the shortcut over the rocks so the Music reaches Village 2 in time. Other than that it's quite simple and just relies on beign speedy at the start,

Simply send everyone to everything ASAP. Send the Men to the other Totem and both Music as soon as you begin.

Use Infinite Earth to raise the first Village so it survives the Tsunami and then build a little path to the right with Earth over the rocks as a shortcut to Village 2 for the Music to be transported. As soon as Village 2 is built, send your Men to build Village 3 and use Inifinite Earth to cover the crack. Then simply wait.

I found this quite simple and the only "trick" needed was the shortcut over the rocks so the Music reaches Village 2 in time. Other than that it's quite simple and just relies on beign speedy at the start,

I've tried this exact strategy over and over, 2nd and third totems have both elemental banners, and yet I still fail??!!

I did almost exactly what you did man just move the first village send people to both powers and the second village after that just send people up the mountain the Volcano wasnt even a problem.

I've tried this exact strategy over and over, 2nd and third totems have both elemental banners, and yet I still fail??!!

So the first village doesn't have both banners? I failed once and I think that's the reason. Even though the first village doesn't get hit by lava, you still need the banner!

This is the method I used, thanks! Be sure to build the "shortcut" from the first village early on, otherwise they're too stupid to find it.

My only other tip is that after the guys are carrying the knowledge up to the 3rd village, you may need to throw tons of earth under them once they're near the top (on the lava side) -- they didn't make it in time to avoid the tsunami, but I raised them up to village level and they were fine (as long as they get it done before the village sinks!).

same thing happened to me with the final village spent about 20 minites pushing the people through the ocean just to get a fail message.

Finaly managed it though it was ridiculosly close. This is what I did though it may not be a perfect stratagey

1. move the origanal village inbetween the lava and water protection but nearer to the lava power ( You will have to use infinite earth to protect the first site from flooding while it moves

2. as soon as the village is built order the cap of the next village and the two powers. while this happens fill in the gap in the island for acsess to the rest of the island.

3. As soon as the 2nd village is biult order a move comand right next to the bottom of the mountain. If things go right the defences should be ready before the water rises blocking of the land though this process can be slowed with infinite earth

4. While waiting for the power ups you should have sent people from the relocated 2nd village to capture the last village. after this it is just a case of wether the powers can make it to the top before the tidal wave. If the powers make it in time sit back and wait for the completion screen

This stratagey is not perfect but it worked okay for me

p.s still bad how it dosent end when you lose one

I tried this level twice via raising the final village after the Tsunami and both times it instantly failed once I captured it, I'm guessing it's down to logic tree failure or some such that says that the level is failed if all three aren't safe before the Tsunami hits but doesn't trigger the message till you have them all captured.

The method mentioned above is how I finished it on my 3rd try, the only difference being that I sent my guys to capture the second and third totems

-while- moving the first and second villages respectively [you can't capture two at once but you can capture one while moving another.]

This way I ranked 23rd and finished the game.

Aye, that's a good method. Didn't do that myself, sent people round the side and up. It is possible to build a large enough barrier to give your people enough time to get up the mountain without being washed away. I managed to get the last village protected just as the tsunami formed.