The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else find themselves doing this:

Waiting a while to join, only to finally get in and have no idea what to go and do? I'm all excited to play, get through a few instances of the game chucking me back to GTA V and making me watch Michael be all lovey-dovey with Amanda, then finally load my online persona where I'm then completely deflated and not interested in proceeding.

Honestly because it's taken so long and I'm still not in the game, I'm afraid this will happen once I finally get online. :/

Also, is it just me keeps getting bombarded with texts from Marnie (spelling?) in the single player? I know she texts you in the online after you die, but I get at least 4 every time I play the single player.

She's texting you clues for the locations of the 10 Epsilon tracts hidden around the map. You'll get a secret link to an Epsilon website (on the in-game phone, naturally) for collecting them all, so it's really up to you if you want to go look for them.

Waste of time in my opinion...

I don't blame you. If I lost mine right now, I'd be done.

I may just have to stop trying for like a week or so just so R* can fix the problems :/

ah well I suppose ive got a ton of crap to do in single player (stunt jumps, the bridge and knife flights,getting more then 14 gold medals a playthrough etc lol)

Does anyone else find themselves doing this:

Waiting a while to join, only to finally get in and have no idea what to go and do? I'm all excited to play, get through a few instances of the game chucking me back to GTA V and making me watch Michael be all lovey-dovey with Amanda, then finally load my online persona where I'm then completely deflated and not interested in proceeding.

I love the multiplayer, but I think I'm going to hold on and go back to it when it's a little more stable, because I don't want to paint a bad picture of it and hate what I'm looking at.

Also, is it just me keeps getting bombarded with texts from Marnie (spelling?) in the single player? I know she texts you in the online after you die, but I get at least 4 every time I play the single player.

Same here at times. Playing with people from here is fun though.

But what annoys the crap out of me for online is it takes way to damn long to start matches for almost anything.

There are more hit options online, it's just incredibly fucking laggy. I'll swing right by the circle where the ball is landing, and nothing. It's just extremely bad.

No there aren't. Both single player and multiplayer tennis have the standard base stroke, topspin, backspin, and drop shot. Lobs are contextual (4th shot).

I dont know if I am being moany or if other people feel the same but I am fed up of being constantly killed on the main map. I know it is competitive but sometimes I wish I can just wander around looking in some shops without worrying about getting shot to ribbons or being roadkill! :[

FUCK THE PUNK ASS AUTO-CLOUD SAVE, there should be a option to save manually:

Pimped my car already twice and spent twice +30.000 for bullet proof tires and other shit. Made sure to go back to my crip and also saved once you leave LSC. Turned eveything off, came back after a while, cars/tires upgrades are gone. BULLSHIT and my money is gone!

Had a busted BAWSAQ (:p) for the best part of a week. All my money's in HAL at the moment, which fortunately is still going up, but I've got practically no money left with Michael and need $50k for the next Epsilon mission. But every time I load the game, the BAWSAQ is down for maintenance.

Oh, and I still can't play the first race in GTAO. Even the controller trick doesn't work.

These issues are really spoiling my enjoyment of an amazing game.

I dont know if I am being moany or if other people feel the same but I am fed up of being constantly killed on the main map. I know it is competitive but sometimes I wish I can just wander around looking in some shops without worrying about getting shot to ribbons or being roadkill! :[

I'm not trying to be a dick but pay attention to your GPS, if you see people around you don't go into a shop to rob it. I know it's a bit harder when you're on foot, but quite frankly, you should always be with your car, and only on foot if you're going into a place. Don't start missions on foot either, do it from the start menu. I learned quick that people will rape you if you try to start missions on foot or go into a place when others are around. Even after my team finishes a job I get in my car and speed off, not giving anyone a chance to kill me.

I may just have to stop trying for like a week or so just so R* can fix the problems :/

ah well I suppose ive got a ton of crap to do in single player (stunt jumps, the bridge and knife flights,getting more then 14 gold medals a playthrough etc lol)

I still do as well. I look at it as, if you have actually finished EVERYTHING in the SP and/or you are actually bored of it, you bought the wrong game.

I remember maybe completing about 96% of everything in GTA:SA and I was still "making up my own missions" in a sense. Go here, steal this, get to a plane, go there jump out land here and kill x amount of people before the cops show up.

Didn't do it for GTA4 but I do like getting "lost" in 5.

So far since getting in, my MP has been pretty smooth with the occasional lag. Actually partied up with some randoms and did a few missions. I like how some are split into teams and are actual missions. We had one to steal a truck on a freeway. It lasted pretty long and was intense!

Also had a buddy complete his tutorial and we jammed around in a Closed Friends lobby. At first no icons were on my map. Left, rejoined and there they were.

I want to find some kinds of Heists similar to the SP's. Where is Lester???

I'm not trying to be a dick but pay attention to your GPS, if you see people around you don't go into a shop to rob it. I know it's a bit harder when you're on foot, but quite frankly, you should always be with your car, and only on foot if you're going into a place. Don't start missions on foot either, do it from the start menu. I learned quick that people will rape you if you try to start missions on foot or go into a place when others are around. Even after my team finishes a job I get in my car and speed off, not giving anyone a chance to kill me.

For the most part, yes. I figured this out from GTA4 with random douches and from what I saw of Day Z where people intentionally do stuff like this and nothing else.

You can always turn on Passive Mode which disables interactions with/from other players but I hear it's buggy in that if a player is around and the cops are, it might mess with you pulling your weapon out or not.

That aside, I was more than surprised to run into more than 2 people that were actually friendly and wanted to progress in the online rather than run around like retards. I mean, hey, if that's your bag? So be it but I didn't pay $60 to play Virtual Slap-Fight.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread