PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #1471
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Gamertag: bigbear XBA

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Staff Club - bigbear.   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Subscriber - Silver   Community Challenge Competition - 100+ Points   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   XBA Representer   Guide Writers Guild
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Thanks to Gackt for the sig

Community Gaming: Enjoy the games you love with friends and make some new ones
Monthly Community Round-Up News Article
bigbear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #1472
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Gamertag: Biggreen719

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear. View Post
I gotta give the Gordie-asaurus credit. It's not easy to make it to the age he did in his line of work. RIP.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:18 AM   #1473
Rapture639

Gamertag: Rapture639

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Challenge Competition - 500+ Points   Killer Instinct Tournament Runner-Up   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Master   Submit - Emerald   Animals, Beasts & Critters Challenge Club - Tier 1   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 1   Impossible Trinity - Silver   1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
The man was a legend. RIP
Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 AM   #1474
Bare Bum Cheeks

Gamertag: Bare Bum Cheeks

Awards Showcase Games with Gold - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Silver   Community Challenge Competition - 200+ Points   Achievement Guide - Silver   Guide Writers Guild   Halo 3 PvP Tournament - 2nd Place   Green Thumb - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Game on, boys

Bare Bum Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:59 AM   #1475
Bare Bum Cheeks

Awards Showcase Games with Gold - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Silver   Community Challenge Competition - 200+ Points   Achievement Guide - Silver   Guide Writers Guild   Halo 3 PvP Tournament - 2nd Place   Green Thumb - Silver   Road Map - Silver
What a shame.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:00 AM   #1476
Wildmn34

Gamertag: Wildmn34

Awards Showcase XBA Blood Donor   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Really wish that would have went to 7.

Happy for Cullen. Feel bad for Thornton and Marleau though.

Hell of a series.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:44 PM   #1477
PyreBall

*sigh* Fuck. So tired of the Pens.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:59 AM   #1478
Rapture639

Gamertag: Rapture639

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Challenge Competition - 500+ Points   Killer Instinct Tournament Runner-Up   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Master   Submit - Emerald   Animals, Beasts & Critters Challenge Club - Tier 1   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 1   Impossible Trinity - Silver   1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Congrats to the Toronto Maple Leafs for having a Stanley Cup champion on their payroll for the first time since 1967
Old 06-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #1479
PyreBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
Congrats to the Toronto Maple Leafs for having a Stanley Cup champion on their payroll for the first time since 1967
I hate Kessel even more than the Pens as a whole.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #1480
Bare Bum Cheeks

I don't understand or condone of the Subban trade. It makes no sense to me. Why trade a 26 year old Norris winner for a 30 year old? Sure, I like Weber, he's good, and he's probably better defensively than Subban, but he will never have the leadership or presence Subban had. Plus, Subban is just beginning his prime days, I don't see the logic at all in this trade.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #1481
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Staff Club - bigbear.   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Subscriber - Silver   Community Challenge Competition - 100+ Points   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   XBA Representer   Guide Writers Guild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare Bum Cheeks View Post
I don't understand or condone of the Subban trade. It makes no sense to me. Why trade a 26 year old Norris winner for a 30 year old? Sure, I like Weber, he's good, and he's probably better defensively than Subban, but he will never have the leadership or presence Subban had. Plus, Subban is just beginning his prime days, I don't see the logic at all in this trade.
The only way it makes sense is if Weber's contract comes off the books soon and if Subban is due for his first big payday. Then it's a down the line cap move. But still an odd one.

In other news, Stamkos resigned with the Lightning

Edit: looked at the numbers. The Subban/Weber trade is a cap relief trade for the Habs. Subban is signed for 6 more seasons at a 9 million cap hit. Weber only has 2 years at an 8 million hit. Expect the Habs to look to move Weber before the 2018 deadline. Whatever you get from that will be what you really traded Subban for. That and the cap relief.

Last edited by bigbear.; 06-29-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #1482
Bare Bum Cheeks

Quote:
The only way it makes sense is if Weber's contract comes off the books soon and if Subban is due for his first big payday. Then it's a down the line cap move. But still an odd one.

In other news, Stamkos resigned with the Lightning

Edit: looked at the numbers. The Subban/Weber trade is a cap relief trade for the Habs. Subban is signed for 6 more seasons at a 9 million cap hit. Weber only has 2 years at an 8 million hit.
Pretty sure we signed Subban to a huge long-term contract like a year or two ago.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #1483
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Quote:
Pretty sure we signed Subban to a huge long-term contract like a year or two ago.
Yeah, I edited. This trade is an acknowledgment that the contract they gave him was a cap mistake on their part.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #1484
Bare Bum Cheeks

Quote:
Yeah, I edited. This trade is an acknowledgment that the contract they gave him was a cap mistake on their part.
We don't really need much of a cap relief in my opinion. We got rid of most of our team? What a sad trade. Frick.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #1485
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Quote:
We don't really need much of a cap relief in my opinion. We got rid of most of our team? What a sad trade. Frick.
Probably more anticipating 3-4 years down the road. 6 years left at a 9 million cap hit is a scary thing to look at.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #1486
Bare Bum Cheeks

Quote:
Probably more anticipating 3-4 years down the road. 6 years left at a 9 million cap hit is a scary thing to look at.
Habs aren't the type to plan for the future. They're the type of team with a fan base who will always want the cup now, never then. It's always been that way. Management knows that. Subban was worth the 9 mil, and still is. There has to be something else, because the trade is so strange. He was the face of the Habs, our entire hockey media. He was a city favourite, so there must have been something really bad that happened for Bergevin to trade him.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #1487
Floyd.
Playing: Deus Ex

Gamertag: Floyd XBA

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Floyd.   Staff - Community Team - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Bronze   The Helping Hand - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Guide Writers Guild   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
No Stamkos for the Wings, shucks.

Current Long-Term Goal
46,398 / 50,000 - Role Playing Games

What Are the Max Clubs? | Share Your Club Ideas | Community Gaming Forum
Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #1488
Bare Bum Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd. View Post
No Stamkos for the Wings, shucks.
Why would the Lightning ever give Stamkos up to the Wings?

Old 06-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #1489
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Quote:
Why would the Lightning ever give Stamkos up to the Wings?
He was a UFA. Part of the reason the Wings let Datsyuk go was to free cap space for a run at Stamkos.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:05 AM   #1490
Wildmn34

Gamertag: Wildmn34

Awards Showcase XBA Blood Donor   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Couple things from today.

The numbers for Stamkos seem off, until you factor in that Florida is a no income tax state. So Stamkos makes more in FLA than he would in other places for the same money deal.

The Subban/Weber trade is more than just player for player. On NHL Radio today they were talking about the dynamics of the Habs locker room. This trade was an effort by management to break up the cliques in the locker room. not sure how much truth there is to that but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm shocked by how little return Edmonton got for trading Hall. I don't have anything bad to say about Larsson but there has to be other teams out there that would have given more than a solid D man for one of the best LWs in the game.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:20 AM   #1491
Bare Bum Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Couple things from today.

The numbers for Stamkos seem off, until you factor in that Florida is a no income tax state. So Stamkos makes more in FLA than he would in other places for the same money deal.

The Subban/Weber trade is more than just player for player. On NHL Radio today they were talking about the dynamics of the Habs locker room. This trade was an effort by management to break up the cliques in the locker room. not sure how much truth there is to that but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm shocked by how little return Edmonton got for trading Hall. I don't have anything bad to say about Larsson but there has to be other teams out there that would have given more than a solid D man for one of the best LWs in the game.
I could see it being about dressing room nonsense. The Habs are a team of hooligans, and I guess the management want things to get a little more serious. The locker room always seemed like a little too much fun, if you followed the videos on the Habs website and Twitter pages.

As for Taylor Hall, I believe it's because Edmonton can't afford to pay the primetime salaries of 7 first overall picks ahahaha. They had to let one go. Don't know why they chose Hall though... Dang.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:55 PM   #1492
HDresden

Gamertag: VGM 007
The Devils won that trade by a landslide. Guess I should have expected something like that from a former Bruins GM though, there was plenty of stupid moves he made there.

The Habs are such a frustrating team. They are one of my fave teams, but they make such bad decisions. Therrien is a terrible coach, I hate the way he stands there on the bench with resting his arms on his leg & covering his mouth like he can deduce a way to change the game. They put scoring players on checking lines, bench other good players & somehow find a way to have almost zero chemistry on the lines they come up with.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:26 AM   #1493
SuperJew

Blackhawks

I am a huge Blackhawks fan and I will be honest, I am not very confident with our team as of right now. Our defense men are solid as can be, especially with the pick up of Brian Campbell. But if you look at our forwards we only have two solid lines. We need to add forwards to the team but our options are very limited considering we only have roughly 3 mill in cap space. Hockey is a team sport, 3rd and 4th lines are critical to winning. I do not know what moves Stan Bowman will make with 3 mill in cap and not a very solid 3rd and 4th line but he has managed to do great for the organization in the past and I'm curious to see who he signs.
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #1494
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew View Post
I am a huge Blackhawks fan and I will be honest, I am not very confident with our team as of right now. Our defense men are solid as can be, especially with the pick up of Brian Campbell. But if you look at our forwards we only have two solid lines. We need to add forwards to the team but our options are very limited considering we only have roughly 3 mill in cap space. Hockey is a team sport, 3rd and 4th lines are critical to winning. I do not know what moves Stan Bowman will make with 3 mill in cap and not a very solid 3rd and 4th line but he has managed to do great for the organization in the past and I'm curious to see who he signs.
As ThunderingLefty loves to remind us, Stan Bowman probably knows what he is doing. Trust in him.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:20 AM   #1495
PyreBall

Well, I'm happy with the Okposo signing, but I still wanted Stamkos. In any event, now that Buffalo has jettisoned Chad Johnson, they need to go after either Ramo or Mrazek.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #1496
Bare Bum Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyreBall View Post
Well, I'm happy with the Okposo signing, but I still wanted Stamkos. In any event, now that Buffalo has jettisoned Chad Johnson, they need to go after either Ramo or Mrazek.
Be more than happy. You got the top of the free agency.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:15 AM   #1497
PyreBall

Quote:
Be more than happy. You got the top of the free agency.
I'd be happier if Buffalo had gotten Elliot instead of Calgary. The Sabres need goaltending, not more forwards.